Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-18-2009   #1
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL team rankings

Over at nfl.com they are doing a 32 team rankings, where their having the fans rank all 32 teams. http://fanrankings.nfl.com/
Here's mine with comments beside every team until Houston:

1. Pittsburgh (Champions from last year. I don't see them losing a step)
2. New York G (Best team in the NFC IMO)
3. Carolina (Should be a force in the NFC)
4. Baltimore (Went to the AFC Championship with a rookie QB. Now that Flaco has some experience watch out)
5. Tennessee (Best team in the regular season last year. After losing Haynesworth should teams be concerned with them?)
6. New England (Will Brady come back like the Brady of old? If he does they could easily be the best team)
7. Indianapolis (With all the coaches leaving Manning has to learn his 2nd system in his career. He's still Peyton Manning, though.)
8. Philadelphia (Mcnabb now has some targets to pass to after the Eagles drafted Maclin)
9. Atlanta (Can Matt Ryan continue his rookie success and lead the Falcons to the playoffs again?)
10. Minnesota (AP carried Minny last year. Can Sage be the QB the Vikings need to go farther in the playoffs?)
11. Miami (Can the Dolphins repeat their 11-5 record from last year?)
12. Arizona (NFC Champions from last year, but they're in a weak division and SF could emerge)
13. Tampa Bay (How are the new coaches going to do?)
14. Houston (I expect them to improve to 10-6, this could be their year)
15. New York J
16. Dallas
17. Chicago
18. San Diego
19. Green Bay
20. Washington
21. Denver
22. San Francisco
23. Buffalo
24. Jacksonville
25. New Orleans
26. Cleveland
27. Seattle
28. Cincinnati
29. St Louis
30. Kansas City
31. Oakland
32. Detroit

Last edited by JCTexan; 05-18-2009 at 05:31 PM.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009   #2
Dapper
Veteran

Rep Power: 33 Dapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL team rankings

My eyes have seen the glory!
I do believe they have the might Texans ahead of the lowly dallas glamor boys

sweet!
Old 05-18-2009   #3
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper View Post
My eyes have seen the glory!
I do believe they have the might Texans ahead of the lowly dallas glamor boys

sweet!
Wait, what? Are you looking at my rankings or theirs? If you clicked on the link and get the same results as mine it's likely the one I did. The link is where you can rank all 32 teams. The guy who did the rankings (Pat Kirwan) has the Boys at 14, and the Texans at 20 (behind the Hawks & Bengals)... I can't say I agree with his.

Kirwan's rankings can be found here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
Old 05-18-2009   #4
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Wait, what? Are you looking at my rankings or theirs? If you clicked on the link and get the same results as mine it's likely the one I did. The link is where you can rank all 32 teams. The guy who did the rankings (Pat Kirwan) has the Boys at 14, and the Texans at 20 (behind the Hawks & Bengals)... I can't say I agree with his.

Kirwan's rankings can be found here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
You might want to change the post to reflect theirs and yours. It looks like their info based on the way you have it.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post

Anybody that ranks the Bungles above the Texans I can't take seriously.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009   #6
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
You might want to change the post to reflect theirs and yours. It looks like their info based on the way you have it.
I wasn't trying to post mine, though. I edited the post so hopefully it comes out the way I wanted it to. I still get my rankings, but I tried on a different computer and it came up how I wanted it to, so hopefully it works for everyone now.
Old 05-18-2009   #7
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

My 32: My reasoning, because I said so.
1 Pittsburgh Steelers PittsburghSteelers
2 New York Giants New YorkGiants
3 Tennessee Titans TennesseeTitans
4 New England Patriots New EnglandPatriots
5 Carolina Panthers CarolinaPanthers
6 Indianapolis Colts IndianapolisColts
7 Baltimore Ravens BaltimoreRavens
8 Houston Texans HoustonTexans
9 Chicago Bears ChicagoBears
10 Philadelphia Eagles PhiladelphiaEagles
11 Dallas Cowboys DallasCowboys
12 Minnesota Vikings MinnesotaVikings
13 San Diego Chargers San DiegoChargers
14 Atlanta Falcons AtlantaFalcons
15 Green Bay Packers Green BayPackers
16 Buffalo Bills BuffaloBills
17 San Francisco 49ers San Francisco49ers
18 Miami Dolphins MiamiDolphins
19 Washington Redskins WashingtonRedskins
20 Jacksonville Jaguars JacksonvilleJaguars
21 New Orleans Saints New OrleansSaints
22 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tampa BayBuccaneers
23 Arizona Cardinals ArizonaCardinals
24 New York Jets New YorkJets
25 Denver Broncos DenverBroncos
26 Seattle Seahawks SeattleSeahawks
27 St. Louis Rams St. LouisRams
28 Kansas City Chiefs Kansas CityChiefs
29 Cleveland Browns ClevelandBrowns
30 Detroit Lions DetroitLions
31 Cincinnati Bengals CincinnatiBengals
32 Oakland Raiders OaklandRaiders

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-19-2009   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

With Texans schedule, if the players perform only to the expectations we should have a very good year. If a few play above expectations like Slaton did, we may have a SB contender. I am looking at a much better performance from the coaching staff that should be helpful also.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read