Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-11-2009   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Rosenhaus Tweet - "Winston to make Pro Bowl"

From RosenhausSports:

Quote:
Look for Eric Winston to make the Pro Bowl this season. The Houston Texans' right tackle is one of the most underrated players in the NFL.
Wouldn't it be great to have AJ, OD, Slaton , and Winston all make the Pro Bowl?

If Duane Brown continues to develop and Caldwell turns out to be the player he was in the SEC at the NFL level we could have one of the best OL in the league.

I was reading about the 2 other OL we got in UDFA and they have an impressive resume. I guess we like SEC lineman Caldwell, Watkins, and Helms. Watkins really intrigues me as a raw talent who didn't start playing football until his junior year of high school. He played both tackle positions and was a captain for a very successful Florida Gators program.

I hope the young guys learn all they can before Gibbs decides to retire for good. I hope he the Cherokee sticks around for years to come, but you have to hang em up sooner or later....right Far-v-rah?
Old 05-11-2009   #2
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rosenhaus Tweet - "Winston to make Pro Bowl"

Rosenhaus is hilarious. I'm subscribed to his Twitter AND Eric Winston's Twitter - and he literally posted that blurb about Winston right after Winston sent out a Tweet as well. In other words - drew had no plans to post jack about Winston until he saw Winston's tweet - then he just fired off a comment about him.

By the way, if you do the Twitter thing, Winston's is http://twitter.com/ericwinston. Mine is http://twitter.com/HoustonDiehards.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009   #3
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

I cannot stand Drew 'next question' Rosenhaus.

Agents should be heard, not seen.
Old 05-11-2009   #4
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Rosenhaus is hilarious. I'm subscribed to his Twitter AND Eric Winston's Twitter - and he literally posted that blurb about Winston right after Winston sent out a Tweet as well. In other words - drew had no plans to post jack about Winston until he saw Winston's tweet - then he just fired off a comment about him.

By the way, if you do the Twitter thing, Winston's is http://twitter.com/ericwinston. Mine is http://twitter.com/HoustonDiehards.
You're probably the first person including myself I've ever seen that doesn't despise Rosenhaus.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You're probably the first person including myself I've ever seen that doesn't despise Rosenhaus.
Oh, I absolutely cannot stand him. I mean hilarious as in - he seems like he's paying Winston a compliment - but all he was doing was posting because he had just seen that Winston had also done a "tweet."

I don't like Rosenhaus AT ALL. I just subscribe to his Twitter in case he has an update on one of his Texan clients so I can put it on my blog if I feel like it's worth posting about.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009   #6
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

As much of a spaz as Rosenhaus is, he appears to have a good relationship with the Texans, which is a good thing considering his client base. Winston's deal was negotiated quietly behind closed doors, like all deals should be (dunta and demeco im looking at you) and was a really fair deal in terms of market value. Plus since he already got Winston his deal its not like his Tweeter comments were out of mindless client promotion for a new big contract. He was sincere and I appreciate him pulling for an underrated client.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009   #7
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a big Rosenhaus fan but.....that ESPN commercial he did was pretty funny. I think that was my first and only Rosenhaus highlight.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-11-2009   #8
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Not a big Rosenhaus fan but.....that ESPN commercial he did was pretty funny. I think that was my first and only Rosenhaus highlight.
Agreed, love that spot.
Old 05-12-2009   #9
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Agreed, love that spot.
I loved it the first 50 times I saw it on draft day. Then I got kinda tired of it. But it's funny...
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009   #10
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

The day a Texans offensive lineman makes it to the Pro Bowl, is the day the my head will spontaneously combust!
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Winston deserves a Pro Bowl spot in the next few years, but I doubt he will until the NFL has spots for LT, LG, RG, RT rather than just G, T.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009   #12
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

In Drew's on words Winston is underrated, thus making it much more less likely to make the pro bowl, since it's just a popularity contest.
Old 05-12-2009   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
In Drew's on words Winston is underrated, thus making it much more less likely to make the pro bowl, since it's just a popularity contest.
I would say they are way out front from a PR perspective during the "low" season of the popularity contest - tweeting in May, Winston contributing to his own blog, Winston being open for interviews, etc.
Old 05-12-2009   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

How's he going to make the Pro Bowl on a Texans team that is mired in mediocrity and can't get past 8-8? You can't reward mediocrity, from what I have heard.

Going to be lots of Texans left off the Pro Bowl list. Poor fellas.
Old 05-12-2009   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

How often does a RT make the Pro Bowl? Not very

Plus, his pass blocking was average at best last season.
Old 05-12-2009   #16
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I would say they are way out front from a PR perspective during the "low" season of the popularity contest - tweeting in May, Winston contributing to his own blog, Winston being open for interviews, etc.
True and good on them, but unless ESPN or NFLN picks it up or it gets some airtime some where else it will probably fly under the radar.
Old 05-12-2009   #17
Polo

I think Winston is a little more popular than you guys think...

He's a Miami guy...If the Texans have a good year he will get consideration...he's one of the last of the old school Miami guys...folks know who he is...
Old 05-12-2009   #18
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I think Winston is a little more popular than you guys think...

He's a Miami guy...If the Texans have a good year he will get consideration...he's one of the last of the old school Miami guys...folks know who he is...
I agree with that, but I do think it will take a pretty good year by the Texans to get a right tackle in the Pro Bowl. That's just the way the system works, unfortunately.
Old 05-12-2009   #19
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am trying to figure out which one I dislike more Rosenhaus or Scott Boras. Its close to which one is the bigger *********.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009   #20
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
I am trying to figure out which one I dislike more Rosenhaus or Scott Boras. Its close to which one is the bigger *********.
Rosenhaus gets on a persons nerves, but Boras will flat out piss you off to where you will not even deal with him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read