Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-08-2009   #1
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hackett visits Texans

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...tory?track=rss

very last sentence of the article....kind of interesting
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Hackett visits Texans

Interesting he chose to visit here instead of trying out with the Ravens. We are loaded at WR and he could possibly grab the # 3 WR role with them.
Old 05-09-2009   #3
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 270486 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Interesting he chose to visit here instead of trying out with the Ravens. We are loaded at WR and he could possibly grab the # 3 WR role with them.
That is rather puzzling. Maybe he thinks we throw significantly more than the Ravens...

...when you think about it, who would make a better redzone threat @ the #3 WR spot, Hackett or A.D./D.A....?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009   #4
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4297 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

I used to live in Seattle, and I follow the Seahawks just as much as I follow the Texans, and I wouldn't mind if the Texans could sign Hackett if it is on the cheap.

He's better than Andre Davis, (As a receiver, not a kick returner) and David Anderson IMO.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather not. I've seen the Seahawks in the playoffs.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009   #6
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Really confused by this....he is not a slot rec. by any stretch. Add the fact that he doesnt know the playbook/chemistry of our team......no thanks...i'll take DA any day.
Old 05-09-2009   #7
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 17092 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure he's just visiting
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2009   #8
checo446
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 checo446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to checo446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
I used to live in Seattle, and I follow the Seahawks just as much as I follow the Texans, and I wouldn't mind if the Texans could sign Hackett if it is on the cheap.

He's better than Andre Davis, (As a receiver, not a kick returner) and David Anderson IMO.

I agree, if healthy DJ Hackett is a nice weapon to have as a third or fourth option. With all of the guys who can return the ball that we drafted, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hackett make the roster if we signed him. He has always had a lot of talent. The real problem with him is the healthy aspect.
checo446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I think what's most cool about this is players around the NFL want to come & play in Houston. I think this is the positive we need to take away from this not the actual player himself.

fyi mario-owned I'm a big David Anderson fan who fits Kubiaks system to the numbers
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009   #10
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe I'm missing something but, I can't seem to get on the David Anderson bandwagon. Good effort guy who has managed to stick around on the tailend of the WR corps. I like Hackett's experience but I'm kind of hopeing Mike Jones can catch on here. Great height and size that could translate into being a redzone threat in multiple WR sets.

I am starting to wonder if AD's status a #3 is solid and I'm almost sure JJ is on the bubble this year. Hackett is only 27 and while not pro bowl caliber aside from injury has been fairly solid when he's gotten time. Could make TC interesting.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009   #11
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Maybe I'm missing something but, I can't seem to get on the David Anderson bandwagon. Good effort guy who has managed to stick around on the tailend of the WR corps. I like Hackett's experience but I'm kind of hopeing Mike Jones can catch on here. Great height and size that could translate into being a redzone threat in multiple WR sets.

I am starting to wonder if AD's status a #3 is solid and I'm almost sure JJ is on the bubble this year. Hackett is only 27 and while not pro bowl caliber aside from injury has been fairly solid when he's gotten time. Could make TC interesting.
Maybe this is a prelude to us trading Anderson to Denver for Hillis.
Old 05-09-2009   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104666 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Maybe this is a prelude to us trading Anderson to Denver for Hillis.
Or

JJ and a 3rd to the Raiders for Bush
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 270486 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post

I'm with you.
When A.J.went down in '07, I find myself wondering would Anderson have done as well as Davis did? I have a hard time picturing that he would have.

And it would be nice to be able to put 3-4 WRs that are over 6 ft on the field in the money zone.
Old 05-09-2009   #14
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Or

I think you can put the Raiders on the list of teams who DONT want to help us get better
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Or

we don't need to throw in a 3rd; just leak it to Crazy Al that J.J. can run a 4.23 - 40...
Old 05-09-2009   #16
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Or

No way we give up our PR AND a 3rd for a team's 3rd string RB.
Old 05-09-2009   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104666 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

A PR who has fumbling problems.

As a WR JJ hasn't learned how to run routes in two years. I dont think he wil learn because he's more interested in partying than perfecting his craft.

JJ and a 3rd would be fair value but I doubt the GODFATHER Al woud do it.

Bush would be the 2nd best RB in Texans history IMO. (Yes I thnk he's better than DDW)
Old 05-09-2009   #18
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Or

if that 3rd was a 4th, I would be totally down with that. doubt al would be but after he he drafts UFA talent in the 2nd round....so you never know.
Old 05-09-2009   #19
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I would take Hillis over Bush.
Old 05-09-2009   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I would take Hillis over Bush.
Why?

Expound on thse thoughts

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read