Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-08-2009   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Steve Slaton Interview: Raising the Bar

Good video on HT.com:

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/inde...68&play_clip=Y

Is it just mean or does he sound like he matured a lot last season, and seems very confident. And dude looks huge.......he's been hitting the gym hard.

I loved his answer on advice for the rookies "Make sure you protect the quarterback........a skill you need to get on the field". How many times have we heard Kubiak talk about this? It's permeated through the players. Something the rooks will have to grab on to.

This interview got me excited to see him play again. What a tremendous 3rd round pick!

Bonus item: He picks the Rockets to make it to the NBA finals.

Old 05-08-2009   #2
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steve Slaton Interview: Raising the Bar

I've liked him from day one. He's well spoken and level headed. I just watched a replay of the Cowboys "Hard Knocks" from last year... God I love being a Texans fan. So many honest, level headed team guys. You're absolutely right though, he looks bigger and very confident!

If he gets hurt we may be dead in the water. Here's hoping for a similar year from him.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009   #3
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

I gotta admit this team is so much more fun to watch now that we have a play maker in the backfield in Slaton. Here's hoping we find somebody who can step up and give us a solid back up to spell him this year.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
I've liked him from day one. He's well spoken and level headed. I just watched a replay of the Cowboys "Hard Knocks" from last year... God I love being a Texans fan. So many honest, level headed team guys. You're absolutely right though, he looks bigger and very confident!

If he gets hurt we may be dead in the water. Here's hoping for a similar year from him.
He's 5'9" of whoop ass!!!
Old 05-08-2009   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be lying if I told someone that I wouldn't be holding my breath when his random drug test comes up. He's massive compared to 6 months ago.

I love me some Steve Slaton. I saw all the games last year but that was the first Steve Slaton highlight reel that I've seen since he's been a Texan. He's absolutely a playmaker. Watching him breaking tackles is a thing of beauty. I didn't realize just how many tackles he breaks off.

Wow!
Old 05-08-2009   #6
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33391 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
He's 5'9" of whoop ass!!!
Jeez, he looked 5'9" across as well in that interview. He didn't look much like little Stevie Slaton doing rookie interviews twelve months ago!..
Old 05-08-2009   #7
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems pretty clear where he has spent his off season. I hope his build doesn't wind up slowing him down or making him less sudden. IIRC, one of the downsides to pumping a lot of iron is some sort of lack of flexibility in the muscles and tendons that seems to lead to more injuries from physical contact. Crosses fingers and toes.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-08-2009   #8
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 475 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

WOW! I sure hope Stevie's "doctor" is a little more discreet than Manny's. He's all swole up!
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

he doesnt look like he is roided up and hope you guys don't get some silly viral rumor started...I liked the vid 'cause it reminded me of all his nice runs last year. The line and Slaton sure did some good things last year.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009   #10
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Great interview. He seems ready to roll, and looks like hes been keeping in shape. It was also nice to see him support the home team in the NBA Finals prediction!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009   #11
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“I know more of what the coaches want and what the coaches need and what I need to do to get the yards that I left on the field last year and get them back."

“The first year is the biggest learning year you are going to have. I think I learned a lot from the veterans being on me and the coaches being on me. (Now), I can step my game up more.”
- Steve Slaton
Ooooooh!!
He wants to step UP his game...

that's whut I'm talkin' 'bout!

...and we'll have no more of that silly steroid talk, thank you.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009   #12
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I liked the vid 'cause it reminded me of all his nice runs last year. The line and Slaton sure did some good things last year.
Right on!

I watched it again just to see Stevie GO!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009   #13
Chicagotexan1
Hall of Fame

Location: In a van down by the river next to another van down by the river
Rep Power: 52 Chicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respected

That's how I look after I leave the gym. Holy ***p Steve. I hope he stays healthy because this team will roll. I can't believe this guy just fell to us.
Old 05-09-2009   #14
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
he doesnt look like he is roided up and hope you guys don't get some silly viral rumor started...I liked the vid 'cause it reminded me of all his nice runs last year. The line and Slaton sure did some good things last year.
Damn. Eric Winston was way downfield on a few of those highlights.......good stuff!
Old 05-09-2009   #15
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

In one year Steve Slaton became my favorite player in Texans' history. I am not saying he is the best we have ever had, but he is the first player in a Texans uniform that makes me take notice every time he touches the ball. Largely because something special could happen at any moment.
Old 05-09-2009   #16
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
but he is the first player in a Texans uniform that makes me take notice every time he touches the ball. Largely because something ******* could happen at any moment.
What about Jacoby Jones?
Old 05-09-2009   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
In one year Steve Slaton became my favorite player in Texans' history. I am not saying he is the best we have ever had, but he is the first player in a Texans uniform that makes me take notice every time he touches the ball. Largely because something special could happen at any moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
What about Jacoby Jones?
He is the first player in a Texans uniform that makes me poop my pants every time he touches the ball.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009   #18
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
He is the first player in a Texans uniform that makes me poop my pants every time he touches the ball.
I thought I was the only one.

LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009   #19
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yup, doesn't look roided at all, but he sure has been pushing a lot of iron around from the look of things. I wonder what he weighs now? Last I had hear it was 210. 210 or so in a guy 5'9" or so isn't actually a small guy, just short. Even last year he seemed to run with more power than you might have normally expected for a guy his size and now..... could be interesting.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Yup, doesn't look roided at all, but he sure has been pushing a lot of iron around from the look of things. I wonder what he weighs now? Last I had hear it was 210. 210 or so in a guy 5'9" or so isn't actually a small guy, just short. Even last year he seemed to run with more power than you might have normally expected for a guy his size and now..... could be interesting.
I just hope he didn't sacrifice quickness for strength
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read