Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-24-2005   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default Ok... I need some abuse too

Alright...

Here is my major spin IF I had a choice.

Trade AJ (ok, how many said 'Are you crazy' - Just listen) to the Cowboys for thier 20th Pick, 42nd pick (this still leaves them with thier best 1st round this upcoming year), and thier 2nd and 4th next year.

With this, we would have the chance to pick up a WR this year to fill AJ shoes (ok, I know, they are HUGE shoes, but even if we got a prime reciever, he would only be probably 60% a AJ).

But what does this offer us...

Two first rounds this year, two second rounds this year.

Round one :
WR and DE/DL/CB
Round two:
2 OL's

Next year, One first, and two second rounds, third, and two fourths.
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

hmmm i dont know if i like that idea, very much, i'd stick with what we got if it means losing AJ. Say i'm crazy but it sounds like a pretty big risk HOPING theres someone who can fill AJs shoes !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #3
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't do it...Especially to the Cows...

AJ is a franchise, game-changing receiver...When you have one of these, you don't trade them unless you are forced to be cap issues or behavior problems...
Old 01-24-2005   #4
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
hmmm i dont know if i like that idea, very much, i'd stick with what we got if it means losing AJ. Say i'm crazy but it sounds like a pretty big risk HOPING theres someone who can fill AJs shoes !
But... it only take (which I hope NEVER HAPPENS) one injury to make us a contender to make us not a contender... This would be a 4 for 1 deal, yes.. 4 not as good individually, but as a whole, maybe even better..
Old 01-24-2005   #5
AndreJ
All Pro

You are out of your mind. LoL, j/k, but there is no way I would trade AJ for people we aren't sure of how they will produce. And to the Cowboys makes it even worse. I can just picture AJ breaking records for years to come and maybe even doing it against us.
Old 01-24-2005   #6
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

No!we already gave the cows henson (which i am glad we got rid of) so lets not give them a true weapon,I belive CC knows what is going on and will make sure that the Texans get what is financially and physicaly needed.But I won't call you crazy.
Old 01-24-2005   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The draft is an inexact science as it is. When you do reel in a keeper you don't trade it for the next fish caught.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2005   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

ill call ya crazy! AJ is the 3rd best receiver in the league (ok.. maybe not yet, but he will be very soon.. and could possibly be #1 eventually).. on top of that he has an awesome attitude.. something you dont find in good receivers.

I wouldnt trade AJ for all the first rounds in this draft. I know what I have in AJ and I want to keep it. (though all the first rounds would be tempting)
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #9
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
Trade AJ
It's amazing what the offseason can do to people.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #10
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
It's amazing what the offseason can do to people.
LoL, thats the kind of thing you come up with when the only thing to watch on Sunday is a golf or tennis match
Old 01-24-2005   #11
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

You definately deserve some abuse if you want to trade AJ, but imagine the abuse Casserley would take if he were to actually trade him.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

It would make people forget the Astros traded Joe Morgan, the Oilers traded Kenny Houston and the Rockets I believe traded Mo Malone.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #13
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Dont forget Nolan Ryan, Bum, and Earl Campbell (who was old but should have finished his career here)
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005   #14
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 711 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

And they let Hakeem get away (can't remember if it was a trade or he was a FA?)

Of course he was asking for a ton of $$$ after having knee injuries all the time.

But he still was /is a Houston icon

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005   #15
Dime
Hall of Fame

I would have to say I am quite surprised. Personally, AJ is a awesome player, but he aint good enough to pass up the possibilty of 4+ picks, two of being in a rich and deep draft next year. Yes, your right, you never know about who will make and not on the draft board, but going from 2 picks from each top 64, to this year having 2 picks in the top 20, and two more from 20 to 42. AND having a extra pick (3 total) in the top 64 next year. To not just consider that would be crazy as you put it. Is AJ Awesome! Oh Yeah. But he aint good enough to beat picking up all those picks. Just using last year as a guide. Dunta and Babin (which wouldnt had to trade off our 2nd and third for Babin) for first rounders. Michael Boulware and (Travis LaBoy/Chris Snee/Tatum Bell/Teddy Lehman) for second round. And getting additional 2nd this year.

Yes, I know. Hind sight is 20/20. but saying that AJ is worth more then a Babin, Michael Boulware, and Chris Snee AND a 2nd round this year. Bah.. some would say, "You are just picking out the best players", but dont we have a few of the best scouts around. Finding Peeps Like Carr, Robinson, AJ, Peek, DD, etc.. Our scouts would be finding these players.

Bah... I know we will never trade AJ. But I dont think alot of you might understand what might be given up..

Last note on this. Owens is a AWESOME receiver. He was a playmaker on his team. He helped lead his team to the SuperBowl. Now, they have won the last two playoff games without him. And will probably win the Superbowl without him. Why, because one player does not make the team, but 3 or 4 good players can contribate more.

Just MO
Old 01-25-2005   #16
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
The draft is an inexact science as it is. When you do reel in a keeper you don't trade it for the next fish caught.

Rofl...
Let See... my papa always taught me,
catch 1 big fish, eat good for one day.
Use that fish to catch 4 decent size fish, well thats over a half a week worth of eaten.
Old 01-25-2005   #17
Dime
Hall of Fame

Ok... lets take a poll..... (this one is going to get nasty)
We have to drop someone due to a cap casualty... Who do you drop.

AJ or Carr

(I have a feeling people will say, drop the whole team BUT those two, , but thats not the question, who do you drop)
Old 01-25-2005   #18
THEFUTURE
All Pro

sadly, AJ.. Carr is our franchise... we determined that with our first pick ever in a draft... Do i love AJ as the teams playmaking, phenomenon...yes, but Carr is our leader
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005   #19
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

No way. AJ is a RARE franchise type receiver and he has a good attitude. We would be crazy to trade him. I will say he is way under used in our offense.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005   #20
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you are taking a huge step backwards if you did this. You are losing your #1 target, and getting a rookie. Then you get an extra second, and the rest are the picks you already had.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read