Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-07-2009   #1
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hillis

I would offer Denver a 4th rd pick for Hillis at the end of training camp.

If we made a trade for Hillis what player/draft pick would you give up for him?

Denver needs a SAM, I would trade Diles for Hillis at the end of traning camp after Diles proves he's healthy. I think this would be a fair trade. They should have comparable contracts.

Kubes said he wanted to keep 6 LB's.

They could keep

Will- Adibi, June Mike- Ryans, Bentley Sam- Cushing, Thompson

Bentley can also play the SAM.

This would give the Texans enough depth at LB, They could afford to trade Diles to get much needed help at RB position.

Last edited by steelbtexan; 05-07-2009 at 07:25 PM.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I would offer Denver a 4th rd pick for Hillis at the end of training camp.

If we made a trade for Hillis what player/draft pick would you give up for him?

Denver needs a SAM, I would trade Diles for Hillis at the end of traning camp after Diles proves he's healthy. I think this would be a fair trade. They should have comparable contracts.
No way we trade Diles for Hillis. Diles is gonna be a special teams ace and the backup SAM/Mike. Hillis may be a good fit here but not at the cost of giving up valuable depth on defense and a special teams ace.
Old 05-07-2009   #3
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
No way we trade Diles for Hillis. Diles is gonna be a special teams ace and the backup SAM/Mike. Hillis may be a good fit here but not at the cost of giving up valuable depth on defense and a special teams ace.
Give them Jacoby and a 6th.
Old 05-07-2009   #4
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

give away Diles? cush aint gonna run away with the sam without a BIG fight from Diles, and considering cush health probs we WILL need Diles, one of if not our BEST LB. oh, and frank bush said cato got the will spot sowed up, cush, adibi, diles gonna battle for sam

for hillis i would give them jacoby and a 6th like he said^
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Although I am not very impressed with the new Denver Brain Trust, if they go the way of the Pats, he will want to hang on to Hillis, not as much as an RB, but as a proven FB. I hope we find some way to make a convincing argument to McDaniels that Hillis has a severe case of malignant. likely incurable, contagious "Jock and Hand Disease"...............and he should be allowed his last remaining days on earth to be spent in proximity to the Houston Medical Center.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009   #6
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Frank View Post
give away Diles? cush aint gonna run away with the sam without a BIG fight from Diles, and considering cush health probs we WILL need Diles, one of if not our BEST LB. oh, and frank bush said cato got the will spot sowed up, cush, adibi, diles gonna battle for sam

In the Draft Pass thingy?
Old 05-07-2009   #7
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wait, what? Can you find where he said that? Are you sure he didn't mean sewed up in the sense that that's the side he's going to play on, but not necessarily the starter?

That's not really how the Texans have handled it in the past... sign a FA and immediately give him the starting spot when the previous starter is still on the roster?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-07-2009   #8
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

As to the original post - I think we'd be nuts to give up Diles.

I don't think Diles is Lawrence Taylor or anything - but championship teams have good depth. Having Diles move to a backup (if that's what happens) isn't anything but a GOOD thing. Our starter at SAM - who played well last year - would be the backup? That's good for the team. Not so great for Zac, but good for the team.

If there's a player's name to bring up as far as trades go, I think it would be David Anderson. The Broncos obviously already showed interest earlier, and while I like him, he's replaceable. More so than Diles, anyway.

I still think it's very unlikely that we make any deals with Denver for players. If anything, it will be picks.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 05-07-2009   #9
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I read the draft pass interview. He spoke very complementary of June and said that he will play him at the WILL but he did NOT anoint him as the starter.
Old 05-07-2009   #10
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I read the draft pass interview. He spoke very complementary of June and said that he will play him at the WILL but he did NOT anoint him as the starter.
Yeah, that's what I thought... assuming that's where D-Frank also got his info from. He's a lock to play on that side, but not as the starter... which considering his size and our system, is actually not saying anything revealing at all.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 05-07-2009   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No he did not AT ALL. Bush said they would start as in the first place they would try him out would be at Will and he would provide competition for Adibi. The start at will comment was in the context of Cato having started at both OLB spots in the past, not as in on the depth chart starter.
Old 05-08-2009   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get the fascination with Hillis. Denver had 3 guys on their roster I'd rather have at RB and I don't think he brings anything to the table Casey doesn't do better.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009   #13
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I don't get the fascination with Hillis. Denver had 3 guys on their roster I'd rather have at RB and I don't think he brings anything to the table Casey doesn't do better.
He's almost TOO big, at 240. The guy I want is Torain - above Selvin, Hillis or any other RB on Denver's roster.

Too bad he's coming off an ACL tear, though.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 05-08-2009   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You clearly haven't watched the guy at all, because you've been bashing the guy for quite some time now. There is nothing to say that Casey will be a guy that is capable of carrying the ball 20 times a game like Hillis has proven that he could. Hillis has also proven that he is very good in the passing game. It's funny how so many people in here are already acting like Casey is the next Mike Alstott already without him even playing a down yet. Now I'm excited about seeing what Casey can do and all as well, but all this "Casey can do this, and Casey can do that" stuff has gotten pretty over the top in my opinion when the guy hasn't even hit camp yet.

Hillis is a proven player that has already shown toughness, grit, and the ability to be a very versatile player.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You clearly haven't watched the guy at all, because you've been bashing the guy for quite some time now. There is nothing to say that Casey will be a guy that is capable of carrying the ball 20 times a game like Hillis has proven that he could. Hillis has also proven that he is very good in the passing game. It's funny how so many people in here are already acting like Casey is the next Mike Alstott already without him even playing a down yet. Now I'm excited about seeing what Casey can do and all as well, but all this "Casey can do this, and Casey can do that" stuff has gotten pretty over the top in my opinion when the guy hasn't even hit camp yet.

Hillis is a proven player that has already shown toughness, grit, and the ability to be a very versatile player.
I watched one of the Denver game he was in, he was in what, three? And that makes him established? Wali Lundy had a few good games too. I just wasn't impressed by Hillis any more than Heath Evans. Just because I don't love the guy like everyone else doesn't mean I bash him.
Old 05-08-2009   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I watched one of the Denver game he was in, he was in what, three? And that makes him established? Wali Lundy had a few good games too. I just wasn't impressed by Hillis any more than Heath Evans. Just because I don't love the guy like everyone else doesn't mean I bash him.
YOu compared him to wali Lundi before and now you've mentioned him in the same post again. He isn't anything like Lundi at all, and that is pretty much an insult to the guy. Denver fans absolutely loved the guy last season. He played in 3 straight games where he carried their team's running game before getting hurt and showed a lot of skills in the passing game. Hell his first game where he got some real playing time he had over 100 yards receiving. He may not be a flashy guy, but he is a nice utility type of back that can do a lot besides just running the ball and could be a nice guy to have at FB as well.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
YOu compared him to wali Lundi before and now you've mentioned him in the same post again. He isn't anything like Lundi at all, and that is pretty much an insult to the guy. Denver fans absolutely loved the guy last season. He played in 3 straight games where he carried their team's running game before getting hurt and showed a lot of skills in the passing game. Hell his first game where he got some real playing time he had over 100 yards receiving. He may not be a flashy guy, but he is a nice utility type of back that can do a lot besides just running the ball and could be a nice guy to have at FB as well.
No, I didn't. I'm sure what I said will hit you sooner or later, especially considering what you just said.
Old 05-08-2009   #18
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4282 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

The Broncos wanted David Anderson. No offense to Anderson, but I would trade him and a 6th for Peyton Hillis.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009   #19
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4282 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
The guy I want is Torain

Too bad he's coming off an ACL tear, though.
Just out of curiosity, why? Torain from a measurables standpoint seems pretty solid at 6'1" 225 lbs.

But he only had 15 carries in the NFL before he got injured, and I didn't follow him in his college days, so I'm not too sure about him...
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009   #20
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

So let me get this straight. We have Slaton, Moats, Brown, Johnson and Foster on the roster right now, and people want to trade away draft picks, Diles or Jacoby for another running back? Even if he is that much better than our current stable of running backs im not trading draft picks or Diles. Jacoby has some downfalls but he is an explosive player who I would hate to lose or even worse cut.

I'm good.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read