Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-07-2009   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default How badly will we smash the Raiders this year?

I'm gonna be honest. This was our most embarrassing loss last season, even worse than the Rosencopter collapse imo. This was to keep our hopes for our 1st winning season alive and we were playing a team who we've beaten even when our QB throws for negative net passing yards.

We were riding high on a win streak and then got cocky. For the first time in franchise history we were doing good enough to actually LOOK PAST what was thought to be an inferior opponent. Our team came out flat and we got what we deserved which was a loss.

My feeling is that no matter what happens next season we are going to be out for blood when the Raiders come to Reliant Stadium this season. I hope this bloodbath will be even worse than our beatdown of the Bengals last season. We must make the laughing stock of the NFL pay for embarrassing us last season and ruining our first chance at a winning season in franchise history.

OR

Do you think the Raiders are just a bad matchup? Is Assomougha and the rest of the Raiders secondary really capable of shutting down our best player or was that just a case of the team being flat? Are we gonna get another loss from the laughingstock of the NFL this season?

I hope our team comes out motivated, I dont want to hear the trash talk from members of the black hole in Reliant Stadium if the Texans lose to that "team" AGAIN!!!
Old 05-08-2009   #2
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How badly will we smash the Raiders this year?

It's not going to be just the Raiders this year, the Texans need to win games they should win against lesser opponents. FWIW the Raiders also beat the Bucs who were playing their last game for a playoff spot.

Goes without saying they messed up taking DHB instead of Crabtree. Sure guy's got blazing speed but wasn't the most polished receiver in the class by far. Crabtree might not have the speed DHB does, but he's got good hands and knows what to do when he gets the ball.

All that said I think the Raiders will be an improved team, I think Cable is a more capable coach over Kiffin and can command respect in the lockerroom. I'm expecting them to really turn to the running game this year and take some shots downfield.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

The Raiders loss was worse than Rosencopter because we were full-strength. I don't think we overlooked them, we just loss and weren't the better team that day. We are the better team than them on most days and the Raiders have to come to Houston for once, so I think we will smash them this year. The Raiders went to New Orleans and got hosed 34-0 or something like that last year and looked basically like they gave no effort. I envision a similar thing happening this year with us.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009   #4
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Goes without saying they messed up taking DHB instead of Crabtree. Sure guy's got blazing speed but wasn't the most polished receiver in the class by far. Crabtree might not have the speed DHB does, but he's got good hands and knows what to do when he gets the ball.
I actually liked that the Raiders took Heyward-Bey, but just not at the spot where they took him. They could of easily traded down a couple of spots to someone who wanted one of the tackles or Crabtree, but instead took the guy they wanted. He adds the vertical dimension to that team which is something they haven't had in a while. Just the threat of him going deep on any play is enough of a worry for an opposing DC to not be able to stack the box and kill their running game. They have a good young TE in Miller who can work the middle of the field, a talented but unpolished WR in Heyward-Bey to stretch the field, and a great young stable of RBs in McFadden and Fargas. It's gonna be interesting to see how opposing teams play the Raiders offense. The only problem is going to be keeping Russel on his feet long enough for him to get a deep ball out to Heyward-Bey. But again, I think the Raiders will be a fun team to watch.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we if we're playing well, we're gonna be a force. We won't coast on the Colts again. We'll put up more and more. We won't run a weak zone vs the Raiders, we'll blitz and change things up a little. We will tackle QB's on 4-7. I think this is the year we have the swagger.
Old 05-08-2009   #6
Dapper
Veteran

Rep Power: 33 Dapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I think we if we're playing well, we're gonna be a force. We won't coast on the Colts again. We'll put up more and more. We won't run a weak zone vs the Raiders, we'll blitz and change things up a little. We will tackle QB's on 4-7. I think this is the year we have the swagger.
Screw the swagger......BRING THE PAIN!
Old 05-08-2009   #7
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Raiders will go down
Old 05-08-2009   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
The Raiders will go down
Like a $10 hooker.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read