Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-26-2005   #21
Wild Bill
Rookie

So much for Wesley Britt. He was carted off of the field a little while ago with an injury. Maybe we can get him late in the draft now....

I hear you on Patterson. Looking back, players like Gilbert Brown, Sam Adams, and the like were taken later in the draft. Hawthorne, Cody, and those guys don't play the nose tackle position. They play the positions that G. Walker and R. Smith play. Those guys are good players and would be much more effective if we had a really big, physical presence in the middle of the line who can man handle inside blockers to free up Walker and Smith.
Wild Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #22
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm watching the telecast too. I like Ced Houston. I think he would make a great back here.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #23
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I like what I've seen of Matt Jones as a TE/WR. He has great hands.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #24
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Bucs and Dolphins looking at Cadillac:
http://www.sptimes.com/2005/01/26/Bu...what_he_.shtml

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...dolphins-front

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005   #25
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Greuden on individuals he is impressed with and other tidbits in this newsy
story from the local Mobil paper re the Senior Bowl.
From the article, remarks about a Sooner LB who could be another prospect
for the Texans:
-- NEW ROLE FOR OU'S MITCHELL: Lance Mitchell earned All-Big 12 honors as a middle linebacker at Oklahoma. The 6-foot-2, 245-pounder had 72 tackles and helped the Sooners stuff opponents' running games en route to a trip to the Orange Bowl. This week, however, Mitchell has moved to strong-side outside linebacker, a position he hasn't played since high school. If he shows he can handle that role, the flexibility would make him even more attractive to NFL scouts.

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregis...1162118710.xml

Last edited by nunusguy; 01-27-2005 at 02:35 PM.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005   #26
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Sam Adams was a 1st round pic. And with that being said the two players that have impressed me the most have been Marcus Spears and David Baas. Spears has just dominated some of the o linemen in the pratices and I think someone wrote that Baas has not given up a QB pressure in the one on one drills and has good boarder line great foot work.
F-minus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005   #27
downtownsb
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 downtownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballot

Quote:
Cadillac Williams told me he went through a 2 1/2 hour exam administered by the Texans that had him wearing goggles that altered his vision and tossing bean bags at different targets. You couldn’t make up some of the stuff you hear down here.
that is from pro football weekly.

if the Texans interviewed Cadillac is it just a random interview or are we actually looking to get him.
downtownsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-27-2005   #28
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

You have to understand the value of each player regardless if you take him or not. If the Texans do not want him they may want to use leverage to trade down to another team. If you do not correctly gauge the value in a player then you are not maximizing your negotiating position.

That said, I'm sure we are looking for another back to stablize our offense. Williams is a Dom Davis type back.

Old 01-27-2005   #29
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownsb
that is from pro football weekly.

if the Texans interviewed Cadillac is it just a random interview or are we actually looking to get him.
Sounds like the story the guy on ESPN was saying yesterday about one of the questionaires asking him if he has an urge to kick a dog on the side of the road
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005   #30
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
Sounds like the story the guy on ESPN was saying yesterday about one of the questionaires asking him if he has an urge to kick a dog on the side of the road
Almost the same kind of deal here...
Quote:
Cadillac Williams told me he went through a 2 1/2 hour exam administered by the Texans that had him wearing goggles that altered his vision and tossing bean bags at different targets. You couldn’t make up some of the stuff you hear down here.

PFW

Old 01-27-2005   #31
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Who are some of the NT types that have impressed? I was thinking someone like Bryant would be a good late round pick to backup Payne. I know he gets push, but in one game I saw he seemed to wear down quick. He only played like half the snaps.
Old 01-27-2005   #32
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I'm watching the Sr bowl practice and Baas is just mauling people from the Center position. Dominating his man. Joel Driessen looks good too.

Old 01-27-2005   #33
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

I was worried about all of the fumbled snaps, but Frye and Orlovsky dont seem to be having any trouble.
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005   #34
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Baas started at C the last 8 games at Michigan and had no problems. I think that is being overblown.
Old 01-27-2005   #35
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
The North practice in the afternoon was once again MUCH more laid back but the guy who really stood out in my eyes was TE Joel Dreessen of Colorado St. who continued to make plays including a great catch over the deep middle and held onto the ball despite being laid out by Jamaal Brimmer. He could be a great H-Back at the pro level in the mold of someone like Chris Cooley...

...The Chiefs were active, with their offensive line coach telling North Carolina C Jason Brown that he liked how he played with leverage and his work ethic while I also saw team personnel speaking with Georgia WR Reggie Brown and they made a beeline for U.C.L.A. FB Manuel White. Kansas City also huddled with WR Vincent Jackson, who also drew interest from the Titans. Clemson ILB Leroy Hill conversed with the Bears linebackers coach, Louisville ILB Robert McCune and Troy DE Demarcus Ware met with the Bengals, Michael Boley of Southern Miss spoke with the Saints, Justin Geisinger of Vanderbilt chatted with the Chiefs and Chargers, and Auburn S Junior Rosegreen talked with the Panthers.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/fea...rts/12605.html

Old 01-27-2005   #36
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Baas started at C the last 8 games at Michigan and had no problems. I think that is being overblown.
Don't know where I saw it now, but one scouting report said the hand-off problems being reported as Baas not a natural center were only happening with one QB (can't remember which one) so the problem might have been more on the QB.
Old 01-27-2005   #37
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

If I was a team looking for a center I'd really be harping on this. That would maybe give me a better chance at him.
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005   #38
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

"One of the most physically imposing players in Alabama's Anthony Bryant. He looks like a manchild. He calves are gigantic and overall he has tree trunks for legs. He also looked very quick in D-Line drills."

http://www.draftshowcase.com/ThursSouth.htm
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005   #39
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

^thanks for the link
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005   #40
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

This guys draft makes no sense. Why would we take a running back in the 2nd. The same reason he's got Alex Smith QB, Heath Miller TE going in the 20's and Carlos Rogers going in the 2nd round .
Yo Vinnie is there a way we could start a website and magazine and go to the Senior Bowl on business. Then write it off as a business expense. I'm going to get laid off anyhow its time to turn over a new leaf. What if we got Budwieser as a sponsor I could endorse them I use their product.

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 01-28-2005 at 10:58 AM.
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read