Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Early Show

gary

Hall of Fame
Tomorrow night people from the Early Show are coming to visit me. They are going to spend a day in school with me and then come to my house. Soon after, they are flying my mom and me to New York to be on the show live.
I will give more information on Wednesday.

Thanks. I am not exactly sure when we go but I hope there won't be a blizzard like last time.

I was tricked. The show will not be on Friday. While they were filming I got a call from Harry Smith, one of the anchors of the Early Show. Friday night he is taking me and mom to a Mets game at the new stadium. The Mets are putting me in the front row and Harry said the team is waiting for me. They will tape some of this and put it with the rest of the day. I will give the air date as soon as they tell me.
Anything anyone wants me to tell Carlos Beltrone(Astro fans)?

Last edited:
I was tricked. The show will not be on Friday. While they were filming I got a call from Harry Smith, one of the anchors of the Early Show. Friday night he is taking me and mom to a Mets game at the new stadium. The Mets are putting me in the front row and Harry said the team is waiting for me. They will tape some of this and put it with the rest of the day. I will give the air date as soon as they tell me.
Anything anyone wants me to tell Carlos Beltrone(Astro fans)?

Say Hi to Harry for me. lol. Have a great time and wear your Astros gear!!!!

The executive producer called us and wants us to stay and be on the show live Monday morning. So watch the show,CBS.

UPDATE: Show will not be Monday but will be on Wednesday (at this particular time anyway) just received a call. Seems like they did so much filming the producer stated they needed more time to get it together.
Next update-could be anytime.
Right now Gary is sitting with Harry Smith and spent time with the entire Mets team.
More to come.:brando:

Last edited:
Hope you're having a blast Gary, and all who are with you!! Take in a couple of shows if you have time. Go see "Wicked" if you get the chance, it is AWESOME!!

I'll keep checking for updates!!

I found this on the website

Wednesday morning we kick off our month-long series “Early’s Angels” with the heart-warming story of a young man from Houston. Sixteen-year-old Gary Lynn was born with cerebral palsy, but he’s not letting that stop him from helping others like him. He’s created a foundation to support research for cerebral palsy. Gary’s passion is sports, and while he doesn’t get to play the, he dreams of one day sitting front row at a professional sporting event. So, we granted Gary that wish and got him front row tickets to see the Mets play in New York with our very own Harry Smith.Tune in to meet this inspiring teen and hear his amazing story of generosity.

link

I saw it this morning. They did a wonderful job.
Andrea said they are going to send her a copy of the show.
I tried to tape it at school and it wouldn't work.
(now I'll get in trouble for posting this at school, watch this)

That was a very nice piece Gary. My wife started crying because she was so happy for you when she saw your reaction when you learned you were going to Disney World. Congrats Gary and I hope you have a good time.

I just watched the link.....I couldn't stop smiling for you! I'm so happy for you man, that's so awesome! Well deserved for a well deserving family. :tiphat:

Gary, great video! I loved watching it!

ps. I can't believe you wore a Mets cap. tsk tsk tsk

Harry bought the cap for Gary.
I am sure if he could he would have worn his Texans cap right along with it.:texflag:

Gary!! You absolutely ROCK!! This is such a wonderful thing you are doing, and I am so honored by knowing you, seeing you in person, and experiencing first hand what a terrific young man you are. You touch my heart!!:heart:

We know you couldn't say anything to the Jets player but you can't root for the Jets and we know that. ;)

Looks like you and your mom are having a great time!

Great video!

Awesome videos! Gary, everyone is so proud of you and happy for you. Its an honor having you on this message board to share in our love for Houston sports.

Its magnificent!

Just got to watch!! I'll watch again tomorrow when I get my speakers back and can listen too.

Awesome my man! Tell the truth, you know you were trying to stare at those Nets cheerleaders... ;)
Really happy for you, Gary.

Two other notes:

1) Mom, you looked great!
2) Why did you pick a picture with Andy, of all people?? :gun:

:jk:

Not yet ,but I am sure Gary will start posting details very soon.
But let me thank all of you who are so generous and willing to help Gary.
Every one of you make the foundation what it is.
So from this family member to the other members

THANK-YOU!!!!:heart:

That is awesome!! Give a shout out to Stroke and Traumatic Brain Injury Survivors why you are there. You make us proud to have you on the board.

Gary,
That was so cool what they did for you and even better what you do for other people. I have not been able to meet you in person but I was in the original group of the Blue Crew, but living in Austin and some tough times I sold my tix to Sandy. I hope that one day I can meet you in person. I truly enjoyed the video and it brought tears of happiness to my eyes.
Have a gr8 trip and enjoy every minute.

Gary, Mets Jets Mets Suck Suck Suck.

Your Great being so nice to those yankees while I always knew you wanted Mr Cushings jersey on. I am so happy for you and jealous about those disneyland tickets. JK I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip to Florida, just remember 1 thing, and it is a big thing, called Yao Ming.
And also do not stay too long, training camp is around the corner.

You make all of us Houston fans Proud little buddy.

Back