Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-01-2009   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default [PFT] Cushing Says He’ll “Take Action Toward” NFLDraftBible.com

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

In a Thursday interview with ESPN 1530 in Austin, Texans linebacker Brian Cushing said that he’ll “take action toward” NFLDraftBible.com for its erroneous report that Cushing tested positive at the Scouting Combine for steroids.

That action could include a letter from a lawyer demanding a settlement, and it could include a lawsuit.

Cushing explained that, with the draft over, the next step will be to address the April 2 report from NFLDraftBible.com.

“I’m pretty tired of everything happening with all these supposed rumors [and] people trying to tarnish my reputation,” Cushing said. “I’m not sure what happened. I’m don’t know if it’s my playing attitude [or] people just don’t like how I handle myself. But you know that’s too bad for them.”

On April 3, we reported on the existence of the report, with multiple disclaimers that we were taking no position as to the accuracy of the NFLDraftBible.com allegations. In our view, the existence of the report was newsworthy — and we then embarked on an effort (thanks to the efforts of our in-house journalist Aaron Wilson) to get to the truth.

CAA sent to us that same day a statement from Cushing’s agent, Tom Condon, regarding the situation.

“There is no truth to the vicious and false rumor regarding Brian Cushing’s drug test at the Combine,” Condon said. “Brian, in fact, has been informed by league representatives that his test result was negative for any banned substances. Furthermore, neither the League office nor Brian’s representatives have been contacted regarding a positive test.”

After the official list of positive results came out in the days preceding the draft, NFLDraftBible.com retracted its report, and apologized.

So we hope you’ll all tune in next year to track the various prospects at NFLDraftBible.com, brought to you by Brian Cushing. And Clay Matthews. And Vontae Davis. And B.J. Raji.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009   #2
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [PFT] Cushing Says He’ll “Take Action Toward” NFLDraftBible.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
So we hope you’ll all tune in next year to track the various prospects at NFLDraftBible.com, brought to you by Brian Cushing. And Clay Matthews. And Vontae Davis. And B.J. Raji.
Old 05-01-2009   #3
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

On April 3, we reported on the existence of the report, with multiple disclaimers that we were taking no position as to the accuracy of the NFLDraftBible.com allegations. In our view, the existence of the report was newsworthy — and we then embarked on an effort (thanks to the efforts of our in-house journalist Aaron Wilson) to get to the truth.
Translation:
Hey, don't sue US!! It's NOT our FAULT!
We just repeated the lie we heard on the internet!!
Then we askeded some another dudes what they'd heard...
just don't sue us!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Cushing, Matthews and the like (particularly their attorneys) go hard after the site/people that produced the erroneous...scratch that LIES.

Like anything else, that site needs to be made an example of and be slaughtered in court. So that other people who try and "get/make a story" will think twice before tarnishing a person's reputation.

I'm sick and tired of the media reporting on sh*t that doesn't matter, that I don't care about especially... with biasness. They're trying to make money by publicizing negative crap about people whether it's true or not. I think we need to bring back the punishment of chopping off hands when people steal or do other stuff.

Actually better yet, I'd leave Cushing alone in a room with these guys and let him settle it.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I hope Cushing, Matthews and the like (particularly their attorneys) go hard after the site/people that produced the erroneous...scratch that LIES.

Like anything else, that site needs to be made an example of and be slaughtered in court. So that other people who try and "get/make a story" will think twice before tarnishing a person's reputation.

I'm sick and tired of the media reporting on sh*t that doesn't matter, that I don't care about especially... with biasness. They're trying to make money by publicizing negative crap about people whether it's true or not. I think we need to bring back the punishment of chopping off hands when people steal or do other stuff.

Actually better yet, I'd leave Cushing alone in a room with these guys and let him settle it.
I agree. I hope they get whats coming to them. Check your sources or reveal them and let them get punnished. Someone should go down bc of this. Its not like they werent warned
Old 05-01-2009   #6
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post

Ooh! Ooh!
Can I have the Pay-per-View rights?!!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009   #7
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"In a Thursday interview with ESPN 1530 in Austin, Texans "
Huh !
I'm not surprised by the plans for legal action, as I think we all expected this.
What I'm surprised about is that a radio station, a member of the media outside of the city limits of Houston, TX actually scheduled and conducted an on-air interview with a Texans' Draft choice. Nah, its just a typo, forget it. Probably the local Houston ESPN affiliate, but "Austin" entered in error.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2009   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Huh !
I'm not surprised by the plans for legal action, as I think we all expected this.
What I'm surprised about is that a radio station, a member of the media outside of the city limits of Houston, TX actually scheduled and conducted an on-air interview with a Texans' Draft choice. Nah, its just a typo, forget it. Probably the local Houston ESPN affiliate, but "Austin" entered in error.
It was on in Austin.
Old 05-01-2009   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Huh !
Get used to it bro. With us picking a 1st rounder out of USC, it's going to happen more and more. The media loves USC guys because with them also comes a huge California market. We did good by picking up Cushing.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009   #10
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I agree. I hope they get whats coming to them. Check your sources or reveal them and let them get punnished. Someone should go down bc of this. Its not like they werent warned
Can we take action for the stupid things Justice says daily?.....or does he get a pass because we know to ignore them?

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009   #11
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

I am a huge critic of 1530 because the afternoon guys are both anti-Houston douches. They've mocked the Texans and Astros every chance they get and really don't know all that much about the respective teams. They are both Longhorn goobers and lovers of the Dallas Cowboys. Still, they do a decent job of getting H-town guests to fill their on-air interview segments. They regularly have LZ on each week and sometimes invite the Dickie Justices of the Houston sports scene on. My problem with them is the b.s. they spew about Houston teams in between.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009   #12
texicantone
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to texicantone

Quote:
Huh !
Believe it or not there are a bunch of us Texans fans in Austin & we greatly appreciate the local ESPN affiliate interviewing & discussing other teams besides the Cowpokes.
texicantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009   #13
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texicantone View Post
Believe it or not there are a bunch of us Texans fans in Austin & we greatly appreciate the local ESPN affiliate interviewing & discussing other teams besides the Cowpokes.
Do you ever call in or email them about the Texans? The more they hear from us, the better.
Old 05-01-2009   #14
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know about you guys and appreciate your dedication to the Texans, but everything I've heard is that the media outside of Houston but still in state behaves as if they know nothing of the existance of another NFL franchise in Texas ? And won't ole Jer be really upset when he gets wind of this ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009   #15
texicantone
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Do you ever call in or email them about the Texans? The more they hear from us, the better.
Honestly, I do not call in to their show. When I do call, I call the Craig Way show. He's the voice of the Longhorns, but he is actually unbiased in his coverage to all teams and gives credit to all the teams that deserve them.
Old 05-01-2009   #16
texicantone
Rookie

Quote:
I know about you guys and appreciate your dedication to the Texans, but everything I've heard is that the media outside of Houston but still in state behaves as if they know nothing of the existance of another NFL franchise in Texas ? And won't ole Jer be really upset when he gets wind of this ?
Now, I can't argue that point very well because it is true. I have to order Sunday Ticket just to be able to watch all the Texans games because of the stupid people at our local CBS affiliate keeps choosing to show Titans games even though Vince is not the starter anymore.
Old 05-01-2009   #17
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
Honestly, I do not call in to their show. When I do call, I call the Craig Way show. He's the voice of the Longhorns, but he is actually unbiased in his coverage to all teams and gives credit to all the teams that deserve them.
Craig Way is on 1300, not 1530.
Old 05-01-2009   #18
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
It was on in Austin.
John McClain was on the same day I missed both do to other stuff going on.
Old 05-01-2009   #19
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Cushing has about as much of a case against NFLDraftBible as John McCain does against the New York Times over them claiming they had sources claiming McCain had an affair with a lobbyist.

The standards for public figures are much different than for private citizens.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009   #20
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10016 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
I am a huge critic of 1530 because the afternoon guys are both anti-Houston douches. They've mocked the Texans and Astros every chance they get and really don't know all that much about the respective teams. They are both Longhorn goobers and lovers of the Dallas Cowboys. Still, they do a decent job of getting H-town guests to fill their on-air interview segments. They regularly have LZ on each week and sometimes invite the Dickie Justices of the Houston sports scene on. My problem with them is the b.s. they spew about Houston teams in between.
I can't understand how you are able to even listen to any ESPN radio station. ESPN's local talent sucks major D**k in all of the markets they are in. Dallas, Austin and San Antonio markets all suck and its not even about the Texans with me.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read