Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-08-2005   #1
Cincinnatikid
Veteran

Default Who Do you THink the starting LBs SHOULD be this season?

With all this trade, cut talk of linebackers, who do you think should be the starting 4 this season. Im all for babin-the dolphin-Sharper/Wong-Peek. I think that Dom is hopefully going to be going to a speed attack, much like the ravens have had with their LBs. I think with Seth in the middle and healthy and hopefully some DE help this season, we would see Peek and even Babin in double digit sacks. The speed of that combination would be scary.
Cincinnatikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #2
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatikid
With all this trade, cut talk of linebackers, who do you think should be the starting 4 this season. Im all for babin-the dolphin-Sharper/Wong-Peek. I think that Dom is hopefully going to be going to a speed attack, much like the ravens have had with their LBs. I think with Seth in the middle and healthy and hopefully some DE help this season, we would see Peek and even Babin in double digit sacks. The speed of that combination would be scary.
what do you know, the kid from cincinnati once again proppin out Peek
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #3
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

He's like a broken record, but I do think Babin and Peek should be our starting OLBs with Sharper and Greenwood on the inside.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Babin / GreenWood / Sharper / Wong

Anderson / Foreman / Polk / Peek
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #5
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

well we may not have sharper too much longer...Cincinnati has reported to be interested in aquiring sharper...houstonprofootball also has it listed...so in my opinion it will be peek greenwood wong babin
Old 03-08-2005   #6
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Babin/Wong/Greenwood/Peek

Hopefully we get good value for Sharper. It looks like his days are numbered.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #7
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
well we may not have sharper too much longer...Cincinnati has reported to be interested in aquiring sharper...houstonprofootball also has it listed...so in my opinion it will be peek greenwood wong babin

I also heard a RUMOR from another message board from a restaurant owner saying he overheard talk of trading Sharper to Seattle? He said it sounded imminent???

This is a RUMOR mind you and he hasnt replied to me yet.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-08-2005   #8
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope we don't get rid of Sharper for scraps.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #9
Caw Daddy
Rookie

Default pretty scurry

Coleman Glenn

Rolle Robinson

Peek Greenwood Sharper Babin

Smith Payne Walker
i think that looks nice, rolle is antrel, Dj wont be available at 13 and i hope i got all the positions right. Glenn movest to safety and my faggins and rolle battle for 2nd cb.

go easy on me with the criticism.
Caw Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #10
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Babin/Wong/Greenwood/Peek
God Help us.
Old 03-08-2005   #11
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caw Daddy
Coleman Glenn

Rolle Robinson

Peek Greenwood Sharper Babin

Smith Payne Walker
i think that looks nice, rolle is antrel, Dj wont be available at 13 and i hope i got all the positions right. Glenn movest to safety and my faggins and rolle battle for 2nd cb.

go easy on me with the criticism.
Glenn can't play Safety... He's too small! Rolle could play FS, especially in nickel and dime defenses. However, neither Rolle nor Marcus Coleman are big enough to play SS- that will have to be Glenn Earl/Ramon Walker.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #12
Cincinnatikid
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
what do you know, the kid from cincinnati once again proppin out Peek
Say what you want but at least i dont change my mind on who does what every other day like many people on here that just go along with the latest trends. And why not support my boy, he is gonna be a stud when he gets a chance.
Old 03-08-2005   #13
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Peek - Wong - Sharper - Babins

Hopefully we can come to a agreement with Sharper and have him stay. Then Greenwood would be the top back up at all the positions.
Old 03-08-2005   #14
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

did you pay a guy a 7 million dollar signing bonus to be your top backup?
Old 03-08-2005   #15
Cincinnatikid
Veteran

Greenwood has Foremans spot for sure, babin will start, its who the other two will be. Shaper/Peek/Wong. Thats the choices right now. This team is going to have some speed this season with Sharper maybe leaving and having wong and peek in there.
Old 03-08-2005   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a feeling our future inside linebacker to pair with Greenwood is coming from the draft. Hopefully Peek can show enough in practice to start this year. We need to increase our linebacker speed and Peek, Greenwood and Babin all have great speed for guys their size.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #17
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I thought that Wong was getting moved inside?
Old 03-08-2005   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
I thought that Wong was getting moved inside?
No, the Texans and Wong both denied it. Just because someone writes it doesn't make it true.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #19
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
No, the Texans and Wong both denied it. Just because someone writes it doesn't make it true.
Dewey defeats Truman!!!!

Vinny,

Do you think that this fiasco with Sharper could be an extension ploy?
Old 03-08-2005   #20
Doom Capers
Veteran

I think our lineup should be Peek/Wong/Greenwood/Babin.

There is no point in keeping Sharper and Wong. Wong deserves some credit, he is a good solid player. Why sign a new ILB and not start Wong at all? We must trade Sharper and give this lineup a chance.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read