Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-24-2005   #21
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

i think every receiver wants the ball because they believe they can do something with it. marvin harrison wants the ball, i think gaffney even told carr he wanted more balls thrown his way. was corey dillons attiude bad when he was in cincy? now look at him. im not saying i want to get him, but just another alternative to mushin.

im tired of hearing about the damn oline and how they cant protect for crud from year 1 to year 2 was a huge upgrade, then we changed it all around with only 2 guys in the same postion but then they had to learn a new scheme. can we wait until next offseason before we start saying we need to get an offensive lineman?
Old 01-24-2005   #22
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Burress has a bad attitude and Mushin is too old...If we're gonna sign a big name guy, it should be Bubba Franks...
Old 01-24-2005   #23
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

we problably could, i mean after we're looking for a new QB cause Carrs NFL career is over because of the Lack of protection he gets, and finally THEN we can say we need to find an offensive linemen.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #24
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected

or you can put a rookie on the line again and see what happens next. maybe we will be looking for a QB then too...

having a rookie oline man works both ways
Old 01-24-2005   #25
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
im tired of hearing about the damn oline and how they cant protect for crud from year 1 to year 2 was a huge upgrade, then we changed it all around with only 2 guys in the same postion but then they had to learn a new scheme. can we wait until next offseason before we start saying we need to get an offensive lineman?
Our blocking scheme for the passing game stayed the same, the zone blocking change only affected our run blocking.
Old 01-24-2005   #26
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

i swear some of the people on this board have no idea about what they are talking about lol, and san deigo did just fine this season and they had 2 rookies on the line.
Old 01-24-2005   #27
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Our blocking scheme for the passing game stayed the same, the zone blocking change only affected our run blocking.
EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2005   #28
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I will put it like this, the Falcons switched to the zone blocking scheme this season, and they LED THE NFL IN RUSHING YET ALLOWED THE MOST SACKS IN THE NFL IN THE '04 SEASON. To me that is an unthinkable stat, and it scares the hell out of me and makes me think of our last 2 games of the season...
Old 01-24-2005   #29
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
I will put it like this, the Falcons switched to the zone blocking scheme this season, and they LED THE NFL IN RUSHING YET ALLOWED THE MOST SACKS IN THE NFL IN THE '04 SEASON. To me that is an unthinkable stat, and it scares the hell out of me and makes me think of our last 2 games of the season...
Falcons also have three above avg. back in Dunn, Duckett, and Vick ofcourse. If im not mistaken they all had about 700-800 yards on the season.
Old 01-24-2005   #30
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What's more unthinkable is that the commentators on Sunday's game were praising the o-line coach, talking about how great of a job he's done...

Without Vick, they are a middle-of-the-pack rushing team who allowed the most sacks in the NFL...Great job o-line coach!
Old 01-24-2005   #31
texan279
Hall of Fame

You are right, personally I do not think Vick is all that, he's basically a RB at QB because if you take away his running abilities like Philly did, he does nothing, his passer rating Sunday was 45.5. I just wish we could get our O line to perform like Denver's...
Old 01-24-2005   #32
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
i swear some of the people on this board have no idea about what they are talking about lol, and san deigo did just fine this season and they had 2 rookies on the line.
have you heard of san diegos oline coach?

i would avoid making comments about me not knowing what i say.

do people on this board know what patience is? you put another rookie on the line and its going to get alot worse. leave the line alone unless you get depth. im willing to give the line this upcoming season before i say they are worthless starters.
Old 01-24-2005   #33
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
do people on this board know what patience is? you put another rookie on the line and its going to get alot worse. leave the line alone unless you get depth. im willing to give the line this upcoming season before i say they are worthless starters.
No one said they are worhtless, but do you realize how much money is tied up in the O line right now? For what we are paying these guys Carr should at least get DECENT protection. And like truefan said, San Diego had 2 rookies on their O line this season and look what Brees did....
Old 01-24-2005   #34
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730
do people on this board know what patience is?
It's kinda hard to be patient with an o-line that would constantly be beat by 4 man rushes...

Hell, we had a 7-man max protect front, and we were still getting beat by 4 man rushes...I'm still having nightmares of that...

Having said that, I think the line will play solid this next year with Wand and Pitts' added experience...The only place I would upgrade is center...
Old 01-24-2005   #35
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

i do believe we need to upgrade the center position but i just dont see that happening this season, especially through the draft.

i was being defensive about the left side where wand and pitts are. i feel very strongly about them improving next season.
Old 01-24-2005   #36
texan279
Hall of Fame

I agree about the left side, I would love to see Wand stay in there as a starter, I am not sure what it is about him, I don't know much about what he did last season, but I would like to see him continue to start.
Old 01-24-2005   #37
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

People don't realize that Pitts had never played guard prior to this season, despite that being what he was projected to play in the pros...He showed flashes of brilliance this year though...He appears to be one of our best run blockers...

Wand was a project from the beginning...He has great size and good foot movement, but lacks experience look for him to improve by leaps and bounds, or we'll be upgrading in 2006...

Also, remember that our backs averaged more YPC to the left side of the field this year, so maybe those guys aren't that bad
Old 01-24-2005   #38
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we get a choice (I doubt we will) between Mushin and Plaxico, I would go with Plaxico. Large, fairly fast and younger. Mushin I would pass on. To old and a history of injury. Only way he would work IMO, would be a 2-3 year contract at most and for fairly low dollar amount which I doubt he would take. I don't see Plaxico as to much of a headcase. Sure he wants the ball, all good WR do and if you look at this years numbers, they are VERY low. He should have double those numbers at least. The issue would be that we have AJ and could use/need a good #2 to draw attention away, but to make it work we would need to throw the ball more and that doesn't seem to be what we are wanting to do. To throw the ball DC needs time which means a more solid O-line. I see the O-line being addressed mostly through FA at center and RG with a pick or two for development in the draft. Late 3s or second day development type picks are what I would expect. If we upgrade the O-line and get someone like Plaxico we would be very strong on offense particularly if Jopprue works out or we spend some dollars on a TE. We would then be a real complete offense. Naturally it isn't a binary type of thing and we would need to address the Defense. However, draft picks would work better there as they are able to come in and play easier than the offensive rookies can.
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #39
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

So in order of need.
1. Interior lineman offense (Good thing Mckinneys talk shows out of season)

2 Defensive line help If QB gets time . Well you know

3 Depth at RB , LB, TE, CB ,WR and OT. I would take a CB or a LB if one was to good to refuse at 13.

The opinions you see do not reflect anybody but me and me only. I had a se'ance and talked to Vince Lombardi and he said not sign free agent WRs.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005   #40
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730
have you heard of san diegos oline coach?

i would avoid making comments about me not knowing what i say.

so what are you saying that rookies cant come in and make a big impact. Look at J. Vilma with the jets or even D.Rob with us. Some rookies can step in a do a good job, while others need time. And i still dont think drafting a few late round OL would be a bad idea, atleast they could give the starters a fight, and maybe light a fire under some of the guys, so they'll start doing their jobs !

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read