Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-24-2005   #1
LoNghoRn-TeXaN
Veteran

Default Muhsin Muhammad a Texan?

Texans Praising Muhammad?

If unsubstantiated rumors are running rampant, it must be the offseason. RotoWorld.com, a fantasy sports website, is reporting that the Texans, along with the Giants, have interest in signing Panthers wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad, assuming the veteran receiver is cut before a $10 million roster bonus is due to him in early March. The site speculates that Muhammad is likely to sign with the highest bidder.

It is not yet a given, however, that Muhammad is free to seek offers from other teams. According to ESPN.com, Panthers general manager Marty Hurney and Muhammad's agent, Joel Segal, will convene next week in Alabama prior to the Senior Bowl to discuss renegotiating the roster bonus and final year on Muhammad's contract before he is released.

Muhammad, who will turn 32 in May, is seeking big dollars following the best season of his nine-year career in 2004, a year in which he led the entire NFL in both receiving yards (1,405) and receiving touchdowns (16).

Despite his age and history of injury, Muhammad could be targeted by the Texans as a possible replacement for unrestricted free agent Corey Bradford. Coincidentally, Texans head coach Dom Capers was the Panthers' head coach when Carolina selected Muhammad in the second round of the 1996 draft.

http://houstonprofootball.com

What do you think about this?? I personally would love a veteran addition. He made the probowl this year and certainly is a million times better than Bradford, but would we pay him enough to make a Texan? He will command a lot of money.
LoNghoRn-TeXaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #2
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be surprised if the Texans put up big money for a WR. I think he'd make a nice #2, but is that what he's looking to be?
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #3
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I would equate his effect on the offense to that of Marcus Robinsons effect on the Minnesota offense. A second big WR that can catch and opens up the field. Gaffney and Armstrong would still be good slot recievers. The OL still has to improve for Muhsin to have this effect on the offense.
Old 01-24-2005   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

hes a great run blocker too.. id love to have him if we could do it.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #5
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

He'd be a good addition, but I wouldn't pay him too much...He's 32 and, despite this season's numbers, he may be entering the twilight of his career...With the season he has had, he will command a lot of money, and I'm not sure that it will be money well spent...
Old 01-24-2005   #6
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I wouldn't having him on the team. Good go to guy who hardly ever drops a ball. I don't think he will leave the Panthers, since he played his entire career there. He will most likely restucture his deal with them.
F-minus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #7
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
He'd be a good addition, but I wouldn't pay him too much...He's 32 and, despite this season's numbers, he may be entering the twilight of his career...With the season he has had, he will command a lot of money, and I'm not sure that it will be money well spent...
have to agree with ya here.

If the Texans are going to drop some cash on a Free Agent, I personally think it needs to be on the Defense or on a Line Man.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2005   #8
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

A little older news, but just another viewpoint...

Quote:
Panthers | Muhammadís Future Unknown - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 13:40:49 -0800

The Associated Press reports Carolina Panthers WR Muhsin Muhammad might have played his last game for Carolina. Muhammad will receive a $10 million roster bonus for 2005 if the team activates the final year of his contract. It's unlikely that Carolina will issue the bonus, but the team did say Monday, Jan. 3, they will attempt to renegotiate Muhammad's contract to keep him there. "We've expressed to him that we would love to have him back," Panthers general manager Marty Hurney said. "And he's expressed to us that he would like to be here if it all works out." Muhammad said: "I think I did everything that I set out to do and left it all on the table, so at this point, hopefully we can come to some sort of agreement."
kffl
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to beat a dead horse but, why dream of wideouts when we have the best young reciever in the game and can't find the time to get him the ball . It appears to me our WRs are fine. Gaffney was the 3rd ranked WR. coming out of Florida when he was drafted .
We used a 1st round pick on A.J. and Gaffney slipped into round 2 for us. If you remember our QB was the first player picked. We have also used two 2nd rounders on Hollings and Joppru. Thats two 1st rounders and three 2nd rounders on skill positions .
We look alot worse than we are because of theres no time to throw. Could you shoot a duck if it flew 200 MPH ? Could you solve the Wheel of Fortune if you only had 2 seconds between spins ? If you answer no then you can pity Carr.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #10
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

He would be a nice #2 WR how tall is he i thought he was a pretty big guy
Old 01-24-2005   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's remember this is the year we start competing for the playoffs and getting talent of this nature is where we can do that. getting our needs through the draft can help to keep us at a winning pace.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #12
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730
Default Plaxico Burress - 6'5"

i think CC and co. would rather get burress before muhsin. reports are saying he doesnt want to resign with the steelers also. what do yall think about him?
Old 01-24-2005   #13
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yeah i'm sure with all the time the OL gives carr, he will do us a lot of good. We have some really good recievers as it is, what we really need is an offensive line that will provide carr protection so we can actually utilize our WR !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #14
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i think CC and co. would rather get burress before muhsin. reports are saying he doesnt want to resign with the steelers also. what do yall think about him?
Not Burress. Read this. LINK

I think WR is should be last on our list of needs...
Old 01-24-2005   #15
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected

i believe the thread was about the thoughts of acquiring a WR on the free agent market. i was putting in my 2 cents of who i belive we would rather go after. lets see how the line turns out this year before we start making changes.

Quote:
Not Burress. Read this.
help me understand. he does not want to be there.
Old 01-24-2005   #16
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

how old is burress ? isnt he up there in age ?
Old 01-24-2005   #17
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Position: WR
Height: 6-5
Weight: 226
Born: 08/12/1977
College: Michigan State
NFL Experience: 5
Old 01-24-2005   #18
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i believe the thread was about the thoughts of acquiring a WR on the free agent market. i was putting in my 2 cents of who i belive we would rather go after. lets see how the line turns out this year before we start making changes.
He has a ***** attitude and all he basically talks about is poor little old me, I don't get the ball enough. And the thread was about acquiring a WR. That's why I said I think WR is not one of our needs right now.
Old 01-24-2005   #19
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

no point in getting another WR if we have no O-Line to protect carr long enough to get them the ball !
Old 01-24-2005   #20
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
no point in getting another WR if we have no O-Line to protect carr long enough to get them the ball !
I said that exact same thing in another post, and even if Carr had all of the time in the world, I would not change our WR lineup except for Bradford.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read