Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-30-2009   #1
Ckw

Default Cody's Draft Grades (if anyone is interested; it's short I promise)

1. Brian Cushing: I like this pick. I wanted Malcolm Jenkins or a trade down. We didn't do either of those two things.

Grade: B+

2. Connor Barwin: I love this pick. Tons of people had him going in the 1st round, and 10+ sacks in his first season playing the position is incredible.

Grade: A+

3. Antoine Caldwell: I love this pick as well. We had a great offense last season but just couldn't seem to score the ball in the red zone. IMO, the #1 reason for that is Chris Myers just couldn't move the pile well enough. I strongly believe Caldwell will help us do that.

Grade: A

4. Glover Quin: I had never heard of him. Some are saying we took him way too high, and others claim he was an excellent pickup. I will hold off on my judgment until I actually see him play.

Grade: B-

5. Anthony Hill: I was pissed when I saw we picked him. I just kept thinking why the hell do we need a TE?!? Then I started reading up on him. The guy is simply like having a third tackle out on the field, which will likely help us a ton in the red zone. We have got to get better protection for Slaton in the red zone, and this pick should help us.

Grade: B

6. James Casey: I was ecstatic over this pick! Yes, we had just drafted a TE, but Casey is much more than just a TE.

7. Brice McCain: I had never heard of this guy either but from what I have read, he was THE guy at Utah before Sean Smith became a household name. And I am always happy with a guy that runs a 4.3 40 and has a 40 in. vertical.

8. Troy Nolan: Had never heard of him either but from what I have read, he is excellent for a 7th round pick. And anyone who gets 10 INTs in only two years of Division 1A is a good 7th round pick in my book.

Grade A

9. Arian Foster & Jeremiah Johnson: The only thing I was a bit unhappy about in our draft was that we did not pick up a RB. Foster and Johnson were the answer to my disappointment. I would have liked to have seen a guy like Andre Brown, but apparently the FO did not feel strongly enough about him to draft him in the 4th. Foster's only concerns have been durability. I am going to go out on a limb and say he could be the answer to our needs at RB.

Overall: I love this draft more than any other draft in Texans history aside from the 06 draft of course that involved Mario, Demeco, OD, etc. I truly believe this draft will be just about every bit as successful as the 06 draft.

Overall Grade: A

Last edited by Ckw; 04-30-2009 at 02:40 AM.
Old 04-30-2009   #2
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cody's Draft Grades (if anyone is interested; it's short I promise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Overall: I love this draft more than any other draft in Texans history aside from the 06 draft of course that involved Mario, Demeco, OD, etc. I truly believe this draft will be just about every bit as successful as the 06 draft.

That's a pretty high grade considering we didn't draft the backup to Slaton everyone - including Smithiak - said we needed to find.

I'm thinking B+, given they "cheated" and got a couple of RBs after the draft.

Is it just me or is the scramble after the draft for UDFAs getting as interesting as the draft itself?
Old 04-30-2009   #3
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
That's a pretty high grade considering we didn't draft the backup to Slaton everyone - including Smithiak - said we needed to find.
I would feel the same way but given how much the rest of the RBs dropped, I get the feeling that very few of the teams felt very good about the RBs in the draft. Rashad Jennings was at one point thought of to be a 3rd or 4th rounder. He lasted all the way until the 7th. I would have liked to have seen us pick up Andre Brown, but apparently the FO didn't feel so great about him.

Honestly, I strongly believe that another back was not the cause of our red zone woes; I believe it had a lot more to do with our protection up front. Caldwell and Hill should help immensely with that.

Finally, I am factoring in our UDFAs into my grade. I will put that up there. I really believe Foster and/or Johnson have a great shot of making the team and contributing.
Old 04-30-2009   #4
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is it just me or is the scramble after the draft for UDFAs getting as interesting as the draft itself?
Might be just you or only people who know a lot about college ball.

I learn just enough to be informed about the first 3-4 rounds of the draft, the rest of the draft is pretty vague and by the time you get to UDFA I'm utterly lost, they could be signing the guy next door mowing the lawn for all I know.

In saying that, by the time the next College season kicks off I should officially be a Cornhuskers fan so I might be more intrigued.
Old 04-30-2009   #5
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Might be just you or only people who know a lot about college ball.

I learn just enough to be informed about the first 3-4 rounds of the draft, the rest of the draft is pretty vague and by the time you get to UDFA I'm utterly lost, they could be signing the guy next door mowing the lawn for all I know.
I am the same way which is why for most of our late picks, I had to read up on them after the draft. It was only then that I came to a conclusion about how I felt about the draft. Thanks to both of you for commenting, and I welcome any and all criticism.
Old 04-30-2009   #6
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would feel the same way but given how much the rest of the RBs dropped, I get the feeling that very few of the teams felt very good about the RBs in the draft. Rashad Jennings was at one point thought of to be a 3rd or 4th rounder. He lasted all the way until the 7th. I would have liked to have seen us pick up Andre Brown, but apparently the FO didn't feel so great about him.

Honestly, I strongly believe that another back was not the cause of our red zone woes; I believe it had a lot more to do with our protection up front. Caldwell and Hill should help immensely with that.

Finally, I am factoring in our UDFAs into my grade. I will put that up there. I really believe Foster and/or Johnson have a great shot of making the team and contributing.
Agreed. I posted as much on the real-time draft thread. Only 9 RBs taken in the first four rounds? I compared that with 14 DEs, 19 CBs, and 20 WRs! ...in the same four rounds. I was like, "Man, the whole league must think this RB class sucks!"

I hope you're right about Johnson and Foster - although my co-worker (who follows Tenn. football) said Foster "was good but not great, and had a couple of costly goalline fumbles..."
At the very least we'll have some training camp legs.
Old 04-30-2009   #7
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with you that this draft has a lot of potential.

I think we have 3 potential quality starters in this draft (Cushing, Caldwell, Barwin) and another couple that might develop that way (Casey, Nolan)

If that comes to pass it will be right up there with the 2006 draft
Old 04-30-2009   #8
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 18579 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't follow college football at all. Maybe see a couple of games. And I avoided all the hoopla on ESPN before the draft.

During the draft I was at the computer and for all our picks I would check out their info.
I was surprised also when we picked a tight end and sort of a WTF when we picked a second tight end. Then I read about them and check the highlight reels.

I know they are highlight reels but WOW on these guys. They all look like they can contribute this year at some point.

Looks like we went after intelligent, high motor, athletic players that can contribute in several different ways. Which is probably like we did not draft a R Jennings as the write up on him is that he need a very simple offense - not stong on the intelligence side of things.

I am excited about this draft, Think we finally at the point of taking BPA more so than having to fill serious needs.

Is it football time yer?
Old 04-30-2009   #9
whiskeyrbl

9. Arian Foster & Jeremiah Johnson: The only thing I was a bit unhappy about in our draft was that we did not pick up a RB. Foster and Johnson were the answer to my disappointment. I would have liked to have seen a guy like Andre Brown, but apparently the FO did not feel strongly enough about him to draft him in the 4th. Foster's only concerns have been durability. I am going to go out on a limb and say he could be the answer to our needs at RB

They were going to draft him in the third but he was already taken. Both him and Greene were on our radar. We are just not in the business usually of giving up draft picks and thats what we would have had to done to grab either of them.
Old 04-30-2009   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
9. Arian Foster & Jeremiah Johnson: The only thing I was a bit unhappy about in our draft was that we did not pick up a RB. Foster and Johnson were the answer to my disappointment. I would have liked to have seen a guy like Andre Brown, but apparently the FO did not feel strongly enough about him to draft him in the 4th. Foster's only concerns have been durability. I am going to go out on a limb and say he could be the answer to our needs at RB

They were going to draft him in the third but he was already taken. Both him and Greene were on our radar. We are just not in the business usually of giving up draft picks and thats what we would have had to done to grab either of them.

Quote:
Agreed. I posted as much on the real-time draft thread. Only 9 RBs taken in the first four rounds? I compared that with 14 DEs, 19 CBs, and 20 WRs! ...in the same four rounds. I was like, "Man, the whole league must think this RB class sucks!"

I hope you're right about Johnson and Foster - although my co-worker (who follows Tenn. football) said Foster "was good but not great, and had a couple of costly goalline fumbles..."
At the very least we'll have some training camp legs.
That's the reason we waited so long. There were so many guys on the board for our picks we waited. Why take one when they continue to fall? So we wait and get a guy undrafted who was somewhere between a 3rd and 6th round grade at times. Sounds good to me.
Old 04-30-2009   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

3. Antoine Caldwell: I love this pick as well. We had a great offense last season but just couldn't seem to score the ball in the red zone. IMO, the #1 reason for that is Chris Myers just couldn't move the pile well enough. I strongly believe Caldwell will help us do that.

I recently watched the Miami game, The Colts @ Reliant, and the Pittsburgh game. I'll agree, that Myers has issues, but not moving the pile isn't one of them. In those three games, he consistently moved the DL with relative ease.

He gets lost in pass pro... he gets blown up.. he plays too high....

But I imagine he was the starting center for the year, because of how well he played in the run game.
Quote:

How is it cheating to add Undrafted Running backs? To me, it's all part of the Draft. I'm sure Smithiak had an idea of what they wanted out of a running back, graded what was available accordingly, and made their moves to suit. I think it was brilliant. Honestly.

I think Arian Foster will be the steal of this draft.
Old 04-30-2009   #12
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I want to know when they start calling these guys. I think it's gotta be during the draft and just letting them know that they're interested or something like that. I don't think there are any rules governing UDFA really. Pretty much first come, first serve and the player gets to pick from what it sounds like. Would be fun to watch a war-room scrambling and calling all these players.

Also, does every team have a giant phonebook with players cell phones or something?
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009   #13
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yes, I find it very interesting. And I am almost always disappointed. The Texans always seem to grab players that are only backup material. Fine, I understand that backups are necessary. But hell, UDFA's are cheap, I would like to see a flier on a guy with high potential every once in a while.

This year is a little different, Foster is a good pickup.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009   #14
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Looking at the big picture....after '09.....we got a couple of 100 million dollar men on the roster now. The don't have the contracts in their hands yet....but smith is thinking about that now. They are going to have to get creative on how to keep these guys without blowing out the roster.

If they can find a position like RB....and perhaps safety cheap.....gives them more flexibility when having to decide who do we keep Owen Daniels or Chester Pitts ? Mario or everybody else? Re do Schaub...or pay Andre Johnson? We're not there yet....but it's coming.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 04-30-2009 at 11:36 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009   #15
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65204 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

If you include UDFA's then I would also give us an A for the draft.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009   #16
Polo

Dont forget about Winston and Anderson (I think) from '06...
Old 04-30-2009   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm actually pretty excited about picking up Tim Jamison as a UDFA.

I saw some practice tape of this guy at the senior bowl (or something) and he was blowing up the tackles on the other side. Now... those guys may have been scrubs, I don't know. So he might not be as fast as he looked, but he did look good. I'm hoping for good things from this guy.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009   #18
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It is about not reaching on a RB while taking other players whom the scouts and front office feel can do a job and not wasting a pick on ones they feel they can get as an UDFA.

since the draft is now 7 rounds I do think the race for UDFA is a lot stronger than it used to be. when it was 10 or more rounds, it was almost pointless to sign a non-drafted player.
Old 04-30-2009   #19
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I agree with you that this draft has a lot of potential.

I think we have 3 potential quality starters in this draft (Cushing, Caldwell, Barwin) and another couple that might develop that way (Casey, Nolan)

If that comes to pass it will be right up there with the 2006 draft
Exactly my thoughts. You nailed it on the potential starters in Cushing, Caldwell, Barwin, Casey, and Nolan. This is why I really believe this draft will be ranked up there with our 2006 draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
During the draft I was at the computer and for all our picks I would check out their info.
I was surprised also when we picked a tight end and sort of a WTF when we picked a second tight end. Then I read about them and check the highlight reels.

I know they are highlight reels but WOW on these guys. They all look like they can contribute this year at some point.

Looks like we went after intelligent, high motor, athletic players that can contribute in several different ways. Which is probably like we did not draft a R Jennings as the write up on him is that he need a very simple offense - not stong on the intelligence side of things.

I am excited about this draft, Think we finally at the point of taking BPA more so than having to fill serious needs.

Is it football time yer?
Same thing happened to me. Throughout the draft, I was flabbergasted at some of the picks we made. Personally, I was really high on Andre Brown and when we took Caldwell over him, I was pretty confused. Then I saw him continue to slip and continue to slip. When I really lost it was when we drafted Anthony Hill. But then I started reading up on him and his blocking ability. I was sold.

I still am a bit confused about Glover Quin but as I stated above, I will give the FO the benefit of the doubt until I see him on the field in a Texans uni.

Quote:
I'm assuming you must be talking about Shonn Greene and Glenn Coffee. I kind of get the idea that was who were after in the 3rd, and they were likely the only RBs we really targeted in the entire draft considering how many of them we let go. Overall, this apparently wasn't a very deep draft for RBs, and Smithiak felt they could wait on drafting one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I recently watched the Miami game, The Colts @ Reliant, and the Pittsburgh game. I'll agree, that Myers has issues, but not moving the pile isn't one of them. In those three games, he consistently moved the DL with relative ease.

He gets lost in pass pro... he gets blown up.. he plays too high....

But I imagine he was the starting center for the year, because of how well he played in the run game.
What do you think our major problem in the red zone was? It just seemed to be that when we got in the red zone, the middle of our line simply collapsed consistently, and Slaton would get blown up. Since the center position is supposed to be the anchor of the line, I place much of the blame on Myers.

Quote:
How is it cheating to add Undrafted Running backs? To me, it's all part of the Draft. I'm sure Smithiak had an idea of what they wanted out of a running back, graded what was available accordingly, and made their moves to suit. I think it was brilliant. Honestly.

I think Arian Foster will be the steal of this draft.
My thoughts exactly. Considering Smith gave Foster a two year deal to lure him down to Houston, I think he must feel the same way about him that you and I do.

Something tells me we were actually targeting him in the 7th but when we saw that Rashad Jennings was still on the board, we felt confident about our chances of getting a RB we liked as an UDFA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Looking at the big picture....after '09.....we got a couple of 100 million dollar men on the roster now. The don't have the contracts in their hands yet....but smith is thinking about that now. They are going to have to get creative on how to keep these guys without blowing out the roster.

If they can find a position like RB....and perhaps safety cheap.....gives them more flexibility when having to decide who do we keep Owen Daniels or Chester Pitts ? Mario or everybody else? Re do Schaub...or pay Andre Johnson? We're not there yet....but it's coming.
Good points. This is one thing I really love about the Casey pick. If the guy is as good as I think he will be, he could be a definite replacement for OD, as much as I hate saying that. Obviously, I want us to hold onto OD and use Casey as an H-Back type guy but if OD wants too much money, we will have Casey in the wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Dont forget about Winston and Anderson (I think) from '06...
Of course! Man, every time I think about that 06 draft I am amazed at just how much talent we got out of that draft.
Old 04-30-2009   #20
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1. Brian Cushing: I like this pick. I wanted Malcolm Jenkins or a trade down. We didn't do either of those two things.

2. Connor Barwin: I love this pick. Tons of people had him going in the 1st round, and 10+ sacks in his first season playing the position is incredible.

4. Glover Quin: I had never heard of him. Some are saying we took him way too high, and others claim he was an excellent pickup. I will hold off on my judgment until I actually see him play.

Grade: B-

5. Anthony Hill: I was pissed when I saw we picked him. I just kept thinking why the hell do we need a TE?!? Then I started reading up on him. The guy is simply like having a third tackle out on the field, which will likely help us a ton in the red zone. We have got to get better protection for Slaton in the red zone, and this pick should help us.

Grade: B

6. James Casey: I was ecstatic over this pick! Yes, we had just drafted a TE, but Casey is much more than just a TE.

7. Brice McCain: I had never heard of this guy either but from what I have read, he was THE guy at Utah before Sean Smith became a household name. And I am always happy with a guy that runs a 4.3 40 and has a 40 in. vertical.

8. Troy Nolan: Had never heard of him either but from what I have read, he is excellent for a 7th round pick. And anyone who gets 10 INTs in only two years of Division 1A is a good 7th round pick in my book.

Grade A

9. Arian Foster & Jeremiah Johnson: The only thing I was a bit unhappy about in our draft was that we did not pick up a RB. Foster and Johnson were the answer to my disappointment. I would have liked to have seen a guy like Andre Brown, but apparently the FO did not feel strongly enough about him to draft him in the 4th. Foster's only concerns have been durability. I am going to go out on a limb and say he could be the answer to our needs at RB.

My over all grade for the Texans was a B. Hard for any team to get an A+ from me on the draft though.

Over all good write up though CKw.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read