Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Favre released from Jets

drewmar74

disgruntled
Please, please, please let this be so he can sign a one day gig with the Pack and retire for good. PLEASE!

Now we're going to have to listen to 3-4 months of "Brett to the Vikes" rumors. I don't know if I can take it.... :wild:

Jets Officially Release Favre
Posted by Mike Florio on April 28, 2009, 10:07 p.m.
Wow.

On the same day we speculated that the stage could be set for the Second Annual Brett Favre Retirement to be followed by the Second Annual Brett Favre Unretirement, the Jets threw the NFL world a curve ball by releasing Favre from the reserve-retired list.

Per Dave Hutchinson of the Newark Star-Ledger, the Jets announced the move Tuesday night.

The move means that Favre is an unrestricted free agent, free to sign with any team.

Including the Minnesota Vikings.

Favre wanted to play for the Vikings last year, but the Packers refused to grant him an unconditional release. At one point, the Packers accused the Vikings of tampering with Favre, based on communications between Favre and Vikings offensive coordinator Darell Bevell and head coach Brad Childress. (The charges were found to be unsubstantiated.)

Green Bay held firm in its position, and Favre ultimately accepted a trade to the Jets. Under the terms of the deal, the Jets would have owed the Packers three first-round draft picks if they had traded Favre to the Vikings, Bears, or Lions.

The Jets reportedly declined to release Favre in February, when he retired for the second time in less than a full year.

“[Agent] Bus [Cook] and Mike [Tannenbaum] have been talking about this for a while,” Favre said in a statement. “Nothing has changed. At this time, I am retired and have no intention of returning to football.”

But unless Favre is planning to sign a one-day contract to officially retire (again) with the Packers, there’s no reason for the Jets to make the move if Favre has no intention of returning to football.

Our guess? Once Cook sufficiently and successfully pestered the Broncos to trade quarterback Jay Cutler to the Bears, Cook embarked on an effort to pester Tannenbaum to release Favre, if for no reason other than to clear out any potential impediments to the wild gray hair that might crawl up Brett’s butt in the next month or two.

The next step for Cook? He’ll start pestering Bevell and Childress to start pestering Brett to provide the final piece for one of the most talented teams in NFL history at every position except the one that counts the most.

Goldensilence

hipster elite
Please, please, please let this be so he can sign a one day gig with the Pack and retire for good. PLEASE!

Now we're going to have to listen to 3-4 months of "Brett to the Vikes" rumors. I don't know if I can take it.... :wild:

Jets Officially Release Favre
Posted by Mike Florio on April 28, 2009, 10:07 p.m.
Wow.

On the same day we speculated that the stage could be set for the Second Annual Brett Favre Retirement to be followed by the Second Annual Brett Favre Unretirement, the Jets threw the NFL world a curve ball by releasing Favre from the reserve-retired list.

Per Dave Hutchinson of the Newark Star-Ledger, the Jets announced the move Tuesday night.

The move means that Favre is an unrestricted free agent, free to sign with any team.

Including the Minnesota Vikings.

Favre wanted to play for the Vikings last year, but the Packers refused to grant him an unconditional release. At one point, the Packers accused the Vikings of tampering with Favre, based on communications between Favre and Vikings offensive coordinator Darell Bevell and head coach Brad Childress. (The charges were found to be unsubstantiated.)

Green Bay held firm in its position, and Favre ultimately accepted a trade to the Jets. Under the terms of the deal, the Jets would have owed the Packers three first-round draft picks if they had traded Favre to the Vikings, Bears, or Lions.

The Jets reportedly declined to release Favre in February, when he retired for the second time in less than a full year.

“[Agent] Bus [Cook] and Mike [Tannenbaum] have been talking about this for a while,” Favre said in a statement. “Nothing has changed. At this time, I am retired and have no intention of returning to football.”

But unless Favre is planning to sign a one-day contract to officially retire (again) with the Packers, there’s no reason for the Jets to make the move if Favre has no intention of returning to football.

Our guess? Once Cook sufficiently and successfully pestered the Broncos to trade quarterback Jay Cutler to the Bears, Cook embarked on an effort to pester Tannenbaum to release Favre, if for no reason other than to clear out any potential impediments to the wild gray hair that might crawl up Brett’s butt in the next month or two.

The next step for Cook? He’ll start pestering Bevell and Childress to start pestering Brett to provide the final piece for one of the most talented teams in NFL history at every position except the one that counts the most.
Did he really just say one of the most talented teams in NFL history? I hope that was sarcasm.

I think/hope this is so Brett can officially retire as a Packer. Much as I am not sure he deserves it after his tempertantrum in leaving the Packers last year. I couldn't rightfully see him in the hall as a Jet.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I and so sick and tired of this Favre thing. If he wants and the Packers agree, sign him for one day..........and retire his cheese ass.

If he wants to sign and the Vikings agree, I hope that Rosencopter's blades shreds his cheesie ass.............and hands it to him on a platter.:)

drewmar74

disgruntled
I and so sick and tired of this Favre thing. If he wants and the Packers agree, sign him for one day..........and retire his cheese ass.

If he wants to sign and the Vikings agree, I hope that Rosencopter's blades shreds his cheesie ass.............and hands it to him on a platter.:)
Old boy has already made a complete ass of himself. I'm hoping he'll hang it up and be DONE.

hobie

All Pro
Who cares who he "retires" with !!!! Does it really matter where he says his NFL days are done with, I mean really... does it matter ???
He's a sure fire 1st ballot HOF'er, so who cares if he goes to the Pack to retire, Bret...please just stay the hell out of the news until you get voted in !

WWJD

Hall of Fame
Brett's one of my favorite players of all time and I'm really glad I got to see him play. He's contributed far more to the game that he took from it with all the GB drama of last year.

I'm really sorry to see him go. I hope he retires as a Packer and whatever he decides to do I hope he does it with the same fun he had as a player.

mattieuk

All Pro
I sure hope it is for his Green Bay love-in.

I can't stand watching 'Goodbye Brett Favre' day in NFL Network again!