Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-23-2005   #1
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 668 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Super Bowl XXXIX: Patriots vs Eagles

swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005   #2
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 243 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no predictions yet, but hope 2 things...someone knock Tom Brady on his rear end, just because all this "he's the best clutch QB" is making me sick...BTW, I don't agree with that assesment...

Then hope TO gets to play...so that he can get the cr*p knocked out of him also. Also hope both teams just wear each other out so their demise is sooner.
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

This game will be a blow-out.

Patriots 35
Eagles 13

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #4
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32854 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pats 31
Eagles17
Looks about right to me.Hey Playmaker is Brady undefeated in post season play ?
Old 01-24-2005   #5
dan7
Veteran

Post Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40
Pats 31
Eagles17
Looks about right to me.Hey Playmaker is Brady undefeated in post season play ?
Brady is 8-0 in postseason games.
Old 01-24-2005   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Yet ANOTHER Super Bowl I don't care about 100%.

When was the last time Browns, Bengals, Pitt, or the texans went? :-/
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Patriots by 10.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2005   #8
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

The Eagles are my second favorite team, so I am happy. I do think the Patriots will win, unfortunately. I expect the score to be something like 31-20.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #9
sandt38
Bills Fan

Rep Power: 21 sandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famer

I used to like the Steelers 'till their fans trolled our boards, and I mean terribly. I rooted for the Pats to win that game. And I don't like the Pats.

I used to like the Eagles 'till TO joined the crowd. I had respect for the lonesome losers, who always tried yet quietly slipped off the face of the Superbowl moniker. TO became an Eagle, and it is hard to respect anyone, be it a team or person, who condones or promotes his actions. Reid's wager with the spandex caused me to lose almost every ounce of respect for him, thanks to TO. McNabb's transformation from the respectable, quiet, underrated, deserving QB to the obnoxious sidekick of the self-indulgent TO turned my stomache and lost my respect. TO is a cancer, and cancer spreads quickly.

I hope the Patties slap the $#it out of the Eagles... and I still don't like the Pats.
sandt38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #10
Boxscore
All Pro

Default Chad Lewis out for the Super Bowl

Chad Lewis severely injured his ankle during his second TD pass yesterday and will undergo surgery on Wednesday. This is a real blow for the Eagles. 2nd year TE L. J. Smith will have to step up and replace him. Not a bad replacement. See stats below:

Chad Lewis 29 receptions for 267 yards and three TD's during the regular
season.

L. J. Smith had 34 receptions for 377 yards and five TD's during the regular
season.

Lewis was a better blocking TE and he will be missed by the running game.

Chad Lewis out for SB

Last edited by Boxscore; 01-24-2005 at 08:31 PM.
Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #11
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1759 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lewis is also the backup long snapper. The long snapper, Mike Bartrum, is also a tight end, so the Eagles with try to find a back-up TE. If Bartrum gets hurt, deep trouble with no long snapper. Philly pessimism returns fast.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005   #12
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i hope the eagles get the snot beat out of them, i hate TO and Mcnabb. the only 2 players in the NFL i really cant stand !

so......

Patriots 38

Eagles 10
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005   #13
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I can see how you hate T.O, but how can you hate McNabb? Are you a Cowboy's fan too?
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005   #14
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

haha na its just mcnabb always seems like he's better than those around him. And that kind of stuff makes me sick, i mean after all it is us "nobodys" who make them who they are. I dunno just everything about him aggrevates me !
Old 01-25-2005   #15
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 62 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I have no dog in this fight. I equally despise the fanbase (in a general sense, save the hate mail) of each team. I care not for either team as a whole. So what is a girl to do in this predictament? Grab a beer and sit back and watch the fun. :woot
I am now here for the PARTY!!!
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005   #16
wiley2002
Veteran

What can I say? The dreamed up Superbowl died as soon as Roethlisberger lost his immortal season to the PATs. Didn't figure the Colts would make it but thought it would be interesting to see them there anyhow. Any of the teams I wanted out of the NFC were out of playoff contention by the last two weeks of the regular season. I Guess all I can do is hope that this Superbowl will be a bloody one. The only problem I'm about to have is hearing about the PAT dynasty for the rest of my life.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005   #17
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

the best thing about the game will be the commercials !
Old 01-25-2005   #18
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3474 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Got it right so far

My original SB prediction from last year

I'll stick with it. Pats will blow this one out...the Houston SB from last year will, as an exciting game, be an aberration.

Man, if only the Texans were in the NFC! The AFC's loaded with some great young teams and the climb to the playoffs will be tough next year.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005   #19
c h u c k
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
This game will be a blow-out.
I agree... and about the undefeated nature of Tom Brady and the Patriots, a wise man once said never bet against a streak ending.

Patriots - 38
Eagles - 20
c h u c k is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read