Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-23-2005   #1
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229
Default AFC Championship Game: New England Patriots vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

This should be a good game. It will be interesting to see how much they let Big Ben throw the ball and how he responds to the pressure that I'm sure the Patriots will bring. Both have good defenses and strong running games. Are both Staley and Bettis playing? I seem to remember Bettis having some sort of injury?

I think the Steelers win this one simply because they have two strong runners that can keep the load off of Big Ben and better WRs that can get the job done when it does come down to passing. I also think the Pitt D will find a way to rattle Brady, but I still think it will be fairly close.

Steelers 21-17

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005   #2
AndreJ
All Pro

I'm gonna take New England, because i think they can keep Pittsburgh's running game in check and when Ben is forced to throw the ball, New England's scheme and pass rush is just too tough for him. I personally think Ben is overrated and the rest of his team normally bails him out. I guess we will see when he goes up against the defending champs.
Old 01-23-2005   #3
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I expected a little more running on this first drive. This is a game of field position, not Big Ben throwing the ball. Patriots are a veteran team, they can take advantage of Roethlisberger.

Old 01-23-2005   #4
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Pats are takin it to the Steelers.

10-0
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005   #5
AndreJ
All Pro

Whoo, now thats a pass. I'm gonna go out right now and declare this a win for NE. The more Rothlisberger has to throw the ball the better for NE. And i dont see their D giving up to many points.

Keep it up Pats!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2005   #6
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Haha, maybe I really don't know what I'm talking about. Oh well. Lots of time for the Steelers to bail me out. Or look more foolish.

Old 01-23-2005   #7
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

No big revelation that Big Ben will be exposed...talent can't overcome experience this time...
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-23-2005   #8
AndreJ
All Pro

When NE jumped out to that 10-0 lead i thought the Steelers would kind of get out of their gameplan a little and have to pass more, but they have stuck with running the ball and thanks to their D, they haven't been forced to pass more. Good job by Bill Cowher.
Old 01-23-2005   #9
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

It's still early...but they're going to have to sustain their drives and play good defense if they don't want to put the game all on Roethlisberger. But it may come down to that, we'll see how he responds if it does.

Old 01-23-2005   #10
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Man. That was bad for the Steelers.

Old 01-23-2005   #11
AndreJ
All Pro

LoL. Vraebl punished Ben right there. Ha go Pats. Told ya Ben was overrated
Old 01-23-2005   #12
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

Way to throw that floater to Rodney Harrison, Big Ben!
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005   #13
Boxscore
All Pro

Looks like the Eagles versus the Patriots
Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005   #14
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore
winner=Patriots whether TO plays or not.
Old 01-23-2005   #15
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
Told ya Ben was overrated
Yeah, Ben's no better than Peyton.
Old 01-23-2005   #16
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Bad decision, but that was the key to this game, whether Ben would make the right decisions or not. Patriots are a veteran unit so while my prediction is way off, this doesn't really surprise me. Roethlisberger will learn from that mistake.
Old 01-23-2005   #17
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

24-3 Pats ...

Who woulda thunk it?
Old 01-23-2005   #18
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
24-3 Pats ...

Who woulda thunk it?
Why r u so suprised. Its still a rookie QB going up against the Patriots for crying out loud. You didn't really expect Pitt. to come out and hand it to New England did you? When they beat them earlier this season both Deion Branch (I think it was Branch atleast) and Corey Dillon were out hurt. Thats two more weapons Pittburgh's defense didn't have to watch out for when they won.

Not to mention you know NE would be looking for some revenge. Go Pats!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2005   #19
AndreJ
All Pro

The stadium look a little empty, i don't remember it being like that in the first half. Maybe fans are just a little late from coming back after the half. Or do you think they might have gotten mad and left early?
Old 01-23-2005   #20
Boxscore
All Pro

Quote:
I hope I spoketh to soon. Looks like the Steelers now have the momentum. Still hoping for an all Pennsylvania Superbowl.

Quote:
The stadium look a little empty, i don't remember it being like that in the first half. Maybe fans are just a little late from coming back after the half. Or do you think they might have gotten mad and left early?
Steeler fans would never leave early.

Last edited by Boxscore; 01-23-2005 at 09:07 PM.
Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read