Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

#89 Heisman

Blake

MMQB
Why wont anybody give Eric Crouch a chance at QB? I didnt watch him in NCAA, so I dont know the whole story. I just know he won the heisman.

he was like vick but he could not throw. he is hell a fast though i think he ran a 4.3 at the combine. He has no chance in the nfl intill he changes is atude and starts acting like jamal lord GRATEFULL he is in the NFL :fight:

texans said:
he was like vick but he could not throw. he is hell a fast though i think he ran a 4.3 at the combine. He has no chance in the nfl intill he changes is atude and starts acting like jamal lord GRATEFULL he is in the NFL :fight:

Thats basically it. He was in the same system Lord was in and he was just faster and a better runner, I remember one play, he was going to get sacked for a safety but he ran around the DE out of the End Zone and ran over 100 yards for a TD. Just like Lord is moving to FS people moved Crouch to WR and KR. He still wants to be a QB though he has no arm, if he focused on playing WR he might actually play once in a while.

Crouch is the 17th quarterback to win the Heisman and the first true option quarterback in the 67-year history of the award. He has posted a 35-6 career record as a starter, a remarkable feat which ranks fourth best among Division I-A quarterbacks all time.

He has put up incredible numbers, ranking fourth all time in NCAA history in rushing among quarterbacks with 3,434 career yards and bettering the NCAA record for rushing touchdowns by 10 with 59. He ranks third at NU and seventh in the Big 12 in passing with 4,481 yards, becoming just one of three quarterbacks in NCAA Division I history to rush for 3,000 and pass for 4,000 yards.

He became the 13th quarterback to rush and pass for 1,000 yards in a season and has 1,115 rushing and 1,510 passing yards with 18 and seven TDs, respectively. Crouch’s season rushing yards more than double that of the most by any Heisman quarterback (Oregon State’s Terry Baker had 538 in 1962). The only thing he hasn’t done is win a national championship, but only 10 of the 66 winners all-time have done so in the year they won the award, just four since 1950.

A little write up on his college record.

Crouch no matter what else he might be (or not be) is a genuine no-S**T stud athlete. I agree that his attitude was pretty lacking and there are obvious questions about committment.

One thing I want to lay on the table in reference to Crouch (and Lord for that matter) is that sometimes I think the NFL values position specialization maybe a bit too much. Guys that are 'tweeners can make valuable contributions to rosters and be playmakers in their own right. Look at Kordell Stewart...not a great QB, WR, KR, or RB...but he could sure compete at all 4 of those positions. Stewart is too focused on being a QB to take advantage of his multi-role capability.

this is harsh (winning a Heisman is no joke).... but the guy is a quitter. He almost quit early in his college career & has already quit the NFL twice. Where's the mental toughness?

On a similar note... the Jets a a few years past had also drafted a QB (Nebraska i think) & tried converting him to safety... whatever happened?

this is harsh (winning a Heisman is no joke).... but the guy is a quitter. He almost quit early in his college career & has already quit the NFL twice. Where's the mental toughness?

i posted that but someone else (SeasonsRearranged) had logged in on my computer... i'll be more attentive next time

Back