Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-23-2005   #1
Mistril48
All Pro

Default Jerry Porter

Does anyone have any information on WR Jerry Porter they would like to share. I think he is an UFA, with little chance of being franchised.

- Is that correct?
- Do you have an executive summary (narrative) on his college and pro careers;
- Would he fit the Texans WR corp, if Bradford doesn't return?
- Is he a decent blocker on a scale of 1 to AJ/Hines Ward?
- any quess on the $ required?

I haven't seen much of the Raiders in the last couple of years.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005   #2
dan7
Veteran

Post Jerry Porter

Take a look on the Raiders website or try doing a Google search.

Good Luck!
Old 01-23-2005   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like the Raiders are pushing hard to re-sign Porter.

Link
Quote:
Wide receiver Jerry Porter, expected to be one of the most ardently pursued unrestricted free agents when the signing period commences in less than two months, might not make it onto the open market.

Although a deal is not yet imminent, sources close to Porter told ESPN.com that there has been ongoing dialogue with Oakland officials, aimed at keeping the five-year veteran with the Raiders on a long-term extension. One source close to those talks termed them "positive discussions" and noted the Raiders seem "very motivated" to retain Porter, who enjoyed a breakout 2004 season.
I heard that Tampa was eager to team Porter with rookie sensation Michael Clayton. So even if the Raiders lose Porter, he'll be a hot commodity and cost big $ to sign.
Old 01-23-2005   #4
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Looks like the Raiders are pushing hard to re-sign Porter...
I had thought that I read somewhere that there was no chance of him signing with the Raiders (and perhaps he couldn't be franchised because they need that for someone else) and would be a FA.

It sounds like he's one of a ton of other FAs floating around this time of year who never make it to free agency anyway.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read