Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-23-2005   #1
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer
Lightbulb NFC Championship Game: Falcons at Eagles

Why do we just accept as truth that the Eagles will be able to pass at will ?

Mcnabb can pass in the pocket better than Vick. True. But he's not exactly Joe Montana here. Nabb has his share of bad passes. He never completed over 59% of his passes until he got TO. As far as talent surrounding the QB's in the passing game. It's not like Mcnabb has that much more talent than Atlanta. (unless TO pulls a Kurt Gibson) Westbrook is the only real threat, and Atlanta has Crumpler.

Everyone just seems to be content with the fact that the Eagles will have thier way passing. The Falcons still have a pass rush , and they have stopped alot higher powered passing offense than the Eagles as recently as last game.

Also, it's going to be windy tomorrow. Which is going to make a mess of accuracy. When has Vick ever depended on Accuracy? He just hurls it 70 MPH. Mcnabb is going to be effected more by this than Vick is.

The Eagles may have an edge in the passing game. But the Edge is not that much bigger. Not big enough for anyone to say they will come out and dominate with it.

Thats Just My Opinion, and I'm usually Right ^_^

Also anyone that says Kearse will stop Vick Dead in his tracks from Running. Kerney and Smith can very well do the same to Mcnabb.

Thats why I think the team with the better Rushing attack is going to come out on Top. Atlanta is #1, and #8 against it.

Some would call Atlanta winning an upset. I almost expect it....
Old 01-23-2005   #2
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Its all good to me if my teasers of the Falcons +13 and the Steelers +10 can cover!

Man.... what a beautiful day this would be if our Texans were playing.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005   #3
AndreJ
All Pro

Regardless of what any of you think, Im believe the Falcons will come out on top and Philly will be sent home for their fourth straight NFC Championship loss. Last week Philly's offense had a lot of breaks, and that was against one of the worst D's in the league.

Falcons on top baby.
Old 01-23-2005   #4
AndreJ
All Pro

Could they not have found someone better than that poor little kid to sing the National Anthem? He tore that up.
Old 01-23-2005   #5
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 243 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

Did that kid have a special story behind him? I thought that was the case...
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005   #6
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker
Did that kid have a special story behind him? I thought that was the case...
Oh may have been.....I don't know. Sorry if he did.
Old 01-23-2005   #7
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

that was a great hit. clean and hard. ive always liked dawkins too....thats partly why
Old 01-23-2005   #8
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Vick still cannot pass well when forced to. Falcons bailed out with the hand to the facemask. Crumpler just lost the last three years of his life on that last brutal hit. Nice pass by Vick btw.

Crumplers weight was his own worst enemy that time.

And Dawkins just shot back up to the best Safety in the league again. Crumpler is a 260 pounder.
Old 01-23-2005   #9
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Thumbs down

The Refs are going to cheat for Vick and the Falcons any way they can. They will call the most horrendous penalties just to keep giving Atlanta chances to score. Way to go Taglibue
LikeABoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005   #10
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss
The Refs are going to cheat for Vick and the Falcons any way they can. They will call the most horrendous penalties just to keep giving Atlanta chances to score. Way to go Taglibue
LoL, if you only knew how ignorant you sounded right there. Give me a break.
Old 01-23-2005   #11
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Quote:
OH RIGHT, did you see the no call on the Greg Lewis PUSH OFF that led to a TD>

the refs suck on both sides of the ball

Last edited by Ihategeeks; 01-23-2005 at 03:43 PM.
Ihategeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005   #12
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

that wasnt a pushoff and the roughing the passer penalty was tacky, but you have to call it whether he meant to do it or not.

i think the refs are doing an adequate job.
Old 01-23-2005   #13
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Use 2 Hands You Showboating Moron!!!!
Old 01-23-2005   #14
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
Could they not have found someone better than that poor little kid to sing the National Anthem? He tore that up.
http://www.shrinershq.org/whatsnewar...sings8-02.html

Make sure to repent that one.
Old 01-23-2005   #15
LikeABoss
All Pro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks

Now look how ignorant you sound AndreJ
Old 01-23-2005   #16
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:

Now look how ignorant you sound AndreJ
If you would have saw the message i wrote after that i said i wasn't aware of his disability and i was sorry you morons.
Old 01-23-2005   #17
LikeABoss
All Pro

Thumbs down

Who the hell was Vick throwing the ball to??????
Old 01-23-2005   #18
LikeABoss
All Pro

Wink

Quote:
If you would have saw the message i wrote after that i said i wasn't aware of his disability and i was sorry you morons.

I see you get mad when the tides turns against you
Old 01-23-2005   #19
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:

I see you get mad when the tides turns against you
LoL, oh yeh im real angry right now. eeeeeerrrr You just keep rootin for those Cowboys up there in Dallas and keep old man Vinny healthy.
Old 01-23-2005   #20
LikeABoss
All Pro

Cool

Quote:
LoL, oh yeh im real angry right now. eeeeeerrrr You just keep rootin for those Cowboys up there in Dallas and keep old man Vinny healthy.

Come on man, I'm only toying with you bruh. No need to turn the game thread into a personal bashing match

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read