Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-24-2009   #1
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Titans talking Boldin with Cards

Dammit!

Titans Talking To Cardinals About Boldin
Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 23, 2009, 10:47 p.m.

The Tennessee Titans are exploring the possibility of a trade for Pro Bowl wide receiver Anquan Boldin, making inquiries with the Arizona Cardinals about a prospective deal, according to Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean.

Citing sources, the report states that the two sides aren’t on the verge of striking a deal two days prior to the NFL Draft.

The Titans could definitely use a proven wide receiver to boost a dormant passing game. Tennessee recently made a bid for Torry Holt, but he signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Holding 10 draft picks, the Titans are capable of wheeling and dealing to try to obtain Boldin.

“It’s safe to say we’re always trying to get the team better, so we’ll continue to monitor various situations,’’ Titans General Manager Mike Reinfeldt said. “But there’s a numbers of players that are discussed at this point and time, that’s kind of the way it works.”

Other receivers that are reportedly of interest to the Titans via trade: Braylon Edwards, Roscoe Parrish and Chad Johnson.

“There’s always that potential,’’ Reinfeldt said. “I wouldn’t rule it out. … It would have to be a situation of equity and you’d consider it then.’’

The Titans signed former Pittsburgh Steelers third wide receiver Nate Washington to a free agent deal this offseason, but want to continue to bolster their receiving corps with a potential No. 1 wideout.
Old 04-24-2009   #2
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans talking Boldin with Cards

This would equal the suck!
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll still kick their ass anyway.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #4
Polo

It doesn't bother me a whole bunch...Don't get me wrong...Boldin is a beast and he would make their offense better...

But this doesn't worry me...
Old 04-24-2009   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
It doesn't bother me a whole bunch...Don't get me wrong...Boldin is a beast and he would make their offense better...

But this doesn't worry me...
True. He can't throw the ball to himself.
Old 04-24-2009   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Well it worries the hell out of me. The Titans were a top team all season with no WR's except for Gage who came on well at the end. Bolden is an Elite stud WR that could help out their offense tremendously. No way do I want this to happen. Damnit come on Giants, make a move on Bolden!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #7
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

I love watching Anquan Boldin play. I would hate to see him in Tennessee. We don't have a corner that could stop him.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2009   #8
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #9
Polo

I don't understand the fear of Boldin...

If he stayed in Zona we'd have had to face him atleast once anyways...

Besides that we still have Fitzgerald, Wayne, Gonzalez, Manning, Jones Drew, Chris Johnson and every other offensive star to worry about...

He's just one player. Does the addition of Boldin offset the loss of Haynseworth? I don't think so...

If the Texans lose to the Titans it won't be because they've added Boldin. Does he make them better? Absolutely, without question. Does one addition scare me? No. It's football. Flip the coin, lets see who's on top when we finish.

Chris Johnson getting better scares me more than Boldin.

Last edited by Polo; 04-24-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-24-2009   #10
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

If they make the deal, I hope they trade their draft away for him. At least a 1st and 3rd.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 282262 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

When the Tits get a decent QB to throw to these recievers, I'll start worrying.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

This would be a good move for Titans (as long as they don't give up too much).

I don't like things that are good moves for the Titans.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Boldin attitude plus VY attitude = It all falls down.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #14
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Does the addition of Boldin offset the loss of Haynseworth? I don't think so...
thats a fair point. still id much rather see them pick up a hakkem nicks or somebody other a proven quality wr
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #15
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
This would equal the suck!
My thoughts exactly. Hopefully this won't come to pass as I'm not sure Bud would give Boldin the type of contract he'll likely be wanting.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #16
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 87036 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

This would definitely suck. I just don't see it happening though.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Besides that we still have Fitzgerald, Wayne, Gonzalez, Manning, Jones Drew, Chris Johnson and every other offensive star to worry about...

He's just one player. Does the addition of Boldin offset the loss of Haynseworth? I don't think so...

If the Texans lose to the Titans it won't be because they've added Boldin. Does he make them better? Absolutely, without question. Does one addition scare me? No. It's football. Flip the coin, lets see who's on top when we finish.

Oh yeah, getting an ELITE WR on a team in our division that had the best record in the NFL for most of the season without any WR's is nothing to even worry about right? After all it's not like we're competing with them for the division and a playoff spot. You're right Bolden can't make them a better team at all.

Anything good that the Titans do makes it harder for us because they're in our division. Anything good that the Texans do is bad for everyone else in the division as well. The Titans don't need to prove that they're a better team than the Texans right now, the Texans will need to prove that they are a better team than the Titans. The Titans getting Bolden would mean just another thorn in the side of our ass for many years just like Reggie Wayne has been. Hopefully this doesn't happen.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Oh yeah, getting an ELITE WR on a team in our division that had the best record in the NFL for most of the season without any WR's is nothing to even worry about right? After all it's not like we're competing with them for the division and a playoff spot. You're right Bolden can't make them a better team at all.

Anything good that the Titans do makes it harder for us because they're in our division. Anything good that the Texans do is bad for everyone else in the division as well. The Titans don't need to prove that they're a better team than the Texans right now, the Texans will need to prove that they are a better team than the Titans. The Titans getting Bolden would mean just another thorn in the side of our ass for many years just like Reggie Wayne has been. Hopefully this doesn't happen.
What are you talking about? He never said that. In fact, he said Bolding would make them better. All NFL teams get better and worse all the time. They are constantly changing. A football team consists of 11 offensive players. Adding Bolding will help them, but its not going to make them invincible.

The Reggie Wayne argument is weak. Peyton + Wayne >>>>>> Collins + Boldin
Old 04-24-2009   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Agree. I'd rather see them get a receiver than keep the DT of Matt Schaub's nightmares. Adding a WR like Boldin makes them better but it still doesn't make them equal to what they were with Fat Albert. Like BigBull said he can't throw the ball to himself. If we do what we need to do this year then we can deal with this. Also agree with the Chris Johnson comment. He gets a lot better and it's going to be trouble for everyone they face.
Old 04-24-2009   #20
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67904 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Why doesn't anyone fear LenDale White or VY getting better?
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read