Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Loadholt: Leader of the Colorado pack

Wolf

100% Texan
In a lean year for in-state NFL draft connections, Phil Loadholt, the super-sized left tackle, is all but certain to be the first Coloradan picked in the NFL draft this weekend.

The 6-foot-8, 337-pound Loadholt has taken a circuitous route to his big day, from starring at Fountain-Fort Carson High School as a tight end/defensive end, committing to LSU before academic issues led to him attending Garden City (Kan.) Community College, then transferring to Oklahoma and blossoming into a star the past two seasons.

The big man has attracted big interest, having had private workouts for six NFL teams recently, including the Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh.

"He is one of the fastest risers in the draft," NFL Network draft analyst
"If I have to play right tackle, it's whatever it takes to get on the field early," Loadholt said. "I feel I can play left tackle. It will make my situation better if I can play both sides."

Mayock is among those who believe Loadholt will be better suited as a right tackle, where you need less speed and athleticism because you normally aren't facing the opposing team's best pass rusher.

"I think he's a right tackle only, and when he faces elite speed and has to redirect his feet, I think he struggles," Mayock said.
Rams tight end Kory Sperry of Pueblo might also be a late-round pick. Johnson and Sperry might get interest from Houston, where Texans coach Gary Kubiak has stockpiled four former Rams.

"Gartrell is a fine player, Sperry is a fine player," Kubiak said without prompting during a coaches clinic at CSU last weekend.
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12204215

Blake

MMQB
Im surprised to see him going in the first 2 rounds. This guy was beaten like a drum by Orakpo this year. It wasnt pretty.

bah007

Hall of Fame
Loadholt was owned by Orakpo but I think he is still a pretty good player. He completely shut down Brandon Williams and held his own against Jerry Hughes. I'm not sure if Barwin lined up on his side during their game but he was held without a sack as well.

I think Loadholt can be a mauler RT in the pros and is a solid 2nd round player.