Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-15-2004   #41
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

haha...we need o-line help majorly...maybe a solid LT prospect...runningback would be nice as well...d-line help is needed...basically we have a lot of holes that we didn't realize til this season
Old 11-15-2004   #42
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
haha...we need o-line help majorly...maybe a solid LT prospect...
I don't think a rookie LT is the answer to the o-line woes. If it's determined that Wand can't do the job at LT, free agency is the only option that makes sense.
Old 11-15-2004   #43
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

the key to our offensive line woes is that Todd Wade has been hurt the last couple of weeks & this throws everyone out of synch/position. They were just getting used to working together as a unit & seemed to be making good progress.

since this is a "what do we need to improve thread regarding drafting" I'll throw in my opinion about the offensive line development from a scouting perspective. Ben Wilkerson LSU is an outstanding center prospect. He got hurt recently and is out for the season I believe (ACL) Texans I'm sure would take a chance on him if is still available in the 3rd round. However he would not be a factor next year due to the severity of his injury, but that would give him time to develop behind McKinney & add another piece to the puzzle long term.

Last edited by beerlover; 11-16-2004 at 04:04 AM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #44
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
the key to our offensive line woes is that Todd Wade has been hurt the last couple of weeks & this throws everyone out of synch/position. They were just getting used to working together as a unit & seemed to be making good progress.

since this is a "what do we need to improve thread regarding drafting" I'll throw in my opinion about the offensive line development from a scouting perspective. Dan Wilkerson LSU is an outstanding center prospect. He got hurt recently and is out for the season I believe (ACL) Texans I'm sure would take a chance on him if is still available in the 3rd round. However he would not be a factor next year due to the severity of his injury, but that would give him time to develop behind McKinney & add another piece to the puzzle long term.
i wouldn't take that post to seriously because they didn't even get ben wilkerson's name right. but i would love getting him, he knows how to play the game, to bad the rest of the o-line doesn't play like him. also he is a nice guy.
Old 11-16-2004   #45
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

oops my bad, I know its Ben don't know what I was thinking. The latest updated draft order now has the Texans selecting 15th overall after losing two in row. Here I go again

1st round: Thomas Davis, SS Georgia- Shawn Taylor without the baggage. Playmaker, fear factor intimidator, solidifies the secondary moving Coleman back to corner & Glen Earl to free safety.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/pla...omasdavis.html

2nd round: Travis Johnson, DT FSU character issues, may still be on the board when the Texans select in the 2nd round. Has speed, size & talent of Marcus Spears a great value pick here that fills a need for the Texans.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/pla...isjohnson.html

3rd round: Ben Wilkerson, C LSU- Probable future pro bowl NFL center, status injured but the Texans know a thing or two about recovery. If not injured might of been a 1st round pick & 1st or 2nd Center taken in the draft.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/pla...wilkerson.html

3rd round: Marcus Lawrence, ILB So Carolina- reunited with Dunta Robinson. This may change as the draft gets closer but Marcus could fill the need as a back-up ILB his first year eventually winning out a starting position in a couple of years to go along with Babin & Peek (OLB'S).

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/pla...slawrence.html

Last edited by beerlover; 11-17-2004 at 03:36 AM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #46
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Has Marcus Spears been mentioned? I was at the LSU-Alabama game this past Saturday and the defensive end Spears from LSU is damn good.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #47
astrofan
Veteran

If Pollack is off the board before we pick, then with pick 3b/4 I like Roth from Iowa. The rotation of Peek/Roth @ ROLB would be fun to watch. Adell could be a fine 7th rounder. Maybe that should be our new tradition: last pick/last round=RedRaider

2004 BJ
2005 Adell
2006 Jarrett Hicks
2007 Danny A
2008 Graham
astrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2004   #48
TexansCanes
All Pro

yeah i was at the game too and he tore it up, actually he has stepped it up in the last few games. in the troy game he had two sacks and four or five tackles for a loss. i mentioned him and a few others have, i think he would be a great fit at the end position
Old 11-18-2004   #49
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

I think that we need a speed/impact middle linebacker to complement Jamie Sharper. I say we take Ahmad Brooks, ILB Virginia. young and very athletic.

FROM NFLDRAFTCOUNDOWN.COM
Great size...Very good speed...Amazing athlete who even saw time as a kick returner...Versatile...Could be an OLB or MLB at the pro level and even saw some time at defensive end in passing situations...Has everything you look for physically with an unlimited upside.

If this guy is athletic enough to return kicks, rush the passer from the DE position on passing situations, and play either LB position, WHY not draft this guy? He's also very young. A true sophmore, after a transfer from a millitary academy. Sounds too good to pass up. do it! do it!
Beastlyman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004   #50
TexansCanes
All Pro

brooks is good but i don't see him coming out this year, maybe i'm wrong. but if he did it wouldn't suprise me because of the weak mlb class. i would like to look at lance mitchell in the second round, hw would add a fast tackling machine. it all depends on what teams think about his knee.
Old 11-19-2004   #51
Dunta_Fan_23
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to Dunta_Fan_23 Send a message via Yahoo to Dunta_Fan_23

We need to focus on defense...I dont care how many points you score..Never enough without a good D...
Old 11-22-2004   #52
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont have a problem with going heavy Defense, but I think we should use the first pick on a skill player on offense. RB. Then you can spend 3-4 picks on D. And still get some nice prospects. And a LB, via free agency.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #53
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosusu
If cedric is available at the 32nd pick i think we should take him!
Benson has to be the most NFL ready player.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read