Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

And the texans pick.......

texans

Waterboy
I was thinking we would draft a LT next year till i found out about wand. so now i think we will
1.pick a OLb/DE to replace wong
2.pick a Cb to replace aaron
3. pick a NT if seth dosent bounce back

what do you think, and who do youthink we will pick. :fight:

What do I think???? I think I will wait to see what the season brings to then try and figure out what we might need. Way to early to speculate.

still too early, but I think we should get a couple more first day picks on Defense.

We still could use D. But let's see how the season goes. Seriously, anything can change in the season. Somebody could get injured, and then we find out we have a depth issue there. Who knows...

I am going to go out on a limb here with this one...

I think we are going to pick up a couple good guys, and couple more guys that make the roster, and 3-4 guys that don't cut it and goto NFLE or start selling real estate.

Who needs Mel Kiper!! :D

I think we will draft a high-risk/reward player in the 5th round. Whoe needs the 2nd and 3rd round when you have the 4th and 5th rounds. :)

Like everyone said It's WAY to early to really even make a guess. Just for fun, I will go out on a limb, and speculate. We have 4 first day picks. I will say in no particular order, we will select a DT, a swing OT who can play either side, an ILB, and a CB. There you have it. I'll get back to you next week with the names. :popcorn: :carrot:

GEEZ, 0-2 already has you talking about the next draft!!

You people...I swear.

When will you start with the FIRE PALMER!! FIRE CAPERS!! eek:

what is wrong with talking about the draft. for me, the draft is my favorite part of the football year. i love talking draft with anyone that wants to. it is the best way to improve your team and our teams still needs some improvment.

i can see where you are coming from through, just because dd has had some problems it doens't mean that we need to replace him

on a positive note a lower finish means a higher draft pick :headbang: I'll give the Texans one more year to turn things around & if it means being in a better postion come draft day well at least that may put the Texans over the top. 4-5 years for an expansion team is not unreasonable :hehe:

with the number one pick in the draft we should trade down and get more picks but we will take a DT

I like the Rolle kid from Miami, but I think we will pick too low again this year to get him. We could use two young shutdown corners. Put Glenn at FS and let Coleman go. Nickel package put Glenn at NB. That is a formidable secondary.

I see us picking a DT in round 1. CB in round 2. DE and ILB/OLB in round 3. and another tweener OLB in round 4.

But that could change depending on how Glen Earl comes along at SS.

Could also change depending on how everyone plays this year.

I'm really liking Antrell Rolle, CB, Miami, and a D-Tackle in the second and a WR in the third. Rolle has great coverage, blazing speed, and hits like a linebacker.

Another person I like is Marlin Jackson I believe his name is. The saftey/corner for the Big Blue. He's big and physical and can play saftey or corner so he could work.

I like all 3 of this years top corners:
  1. Antrel Rolle
  2. Corey Webster
  3. Marlin Jackson

and all of them would put 2 of the best young CBs in our defensive backfield but I think that depending on how good Earl does, the Texans may be looking for a SS.

I would also like to see a DT taken

BuffSoldier said:
I like all 3 of this years top corners:
  1. Antrel Rolle
  2. Corey Webster
  3. Marlin Jackson

and all of them would put 2 of the best young CBs in our defensive backfield but I think that depending on how good Earl does, the Texans may be looking for a SS.

I would also like to see a DT taken

Ya, we need a DT or a DE. We need a speed DE to beat the opponents off the line. All the Texans have is big power guys that really don't have a chance of catching someone from behind. (I was hoping for the freak this offseason if you couldnt tell).

Panther5407 said:
Ya, we need a DT or a DE. We need a speed DE to beat the opponents off the line. All the Texans have is big power guys that really don't have a chance of catching someone from behind. (I was hoping for the freak this offseason if you couldnt tell).
Kearse isn't a 3-4 end. He would have to be an outside linebacker in our scheme.

I want strictly O-line and D-line next year. And maybe an ILB if there is a stud available in the first two rounds.

i would like to get either a cb, one of the 3 on the list, or a d-line man. marcus spears would fit perfectly as a 3-4 end. his is about 285 and the guy is fast, he scored a td yesterday.

TexansCanes said:
i would like to get either a cb, one of the 3 on the list, or a d-line man. marcus spears would fit perfectly as a 3-4 end. his is about 285 and the guy is fast, he scored a td yesterday.

He's fast for 285 to 290. But he's still no Simeon Rice or Jason Taylor type of speedster on the DLine. I believe he was originally a TE at LSU before they switched him to DE. I'm glad to see it's not just me that likes this guy.

you're right, marcus isn't as fast as rice or taylor but those type of players don't fit into our system, maybe at olb. also he is quick and that makes him faster than his 4.8 forty. yeah he was a te, looks like someone has been reading sports illustrated.

Cedric is big, but isn't he a bit slow? Can get away with it in college, but the Pros make a slow guy look REAL bad.

haha...we need o-line help majorly...maybe a solid LT prospect...runningback would be nice as well...d-line help is needed...basically we have a lot of holes that we didn't realize til this season

keyfro said:
haha...we need o-line help majorly...maybe a solid LT prospect...
I don't think a rookie LT is the answer to the o-line woes. If it's determined that Wand can't do the job at LT, free agency is the only option that makes sense.

the key to our offensive line woes is that Todd Wade has been hurt the last couple of weeks & this throws everyone out of synch/position. They were just getting used to working together as a unit & seemed to be making good progress.

since this is a "what do we need to improve thread regarding drafting" I'll throw in my opinion about the offensive line development from a scouting perspective. Ben Wilkerson LSU is an outstanding center prospect. He got hurt recently and is out for the season I believe (ACL) Texans I'm sure would take a chance on him if is still available in the 3rd round. However he would not be a factor next year due to the severity of his injury, but that would give him time to develop behind McKinney & add another piece to the puzzle long term.

beerlover said:
the key to our offensive line woes is that Todd Wade has been hurt the last couple of weeks & this throws everyone out of synch/position. They were just getting used to working together as a unit & seemed to be making good progress.

since this is a "what do we need to improve thread regarding drafting" I'll throw in my opinion about the offensive line development from a scouting perspective. Dan Wilkerson LSU is an outstanding center prospect. He got hurt recently and is out for the season I believe (ACL) Texans I'm sure would take a chance on him if is still available in the 3rd round. However he would not be a factor next year due to the severity of his injury, but that would give him time to develop behind McKinney & add another piece to the puzzle long term.

i wouldn't take that post to seriously because they didn't even get ben wilkerson's name right. but i would love getting him, he knows how to play the game, to bad the rest of the o-line doesn't play like him. also he is a nice guy.

oops my bad, I know its Ben don't know what I was thinking. The latest updated draft order now has the Texans selecting 15th overall after losing two in row. Here I go again :coolb:

1st round: Thomas Davis, SS Georgia- Shawn Taylor without the baggage. Playmaker, fear factor intimidator, solidifies the secondary moving Coleman back to corner & Glen Earl to free safety.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/s/thomasdavis.html

2nd round: Travis Johnson, DT FSU character issues, may still be on the board when the Texans select in the 2nd round. Has speed, size & talent of Marcus Spears a great value pick here that fills a need for the Texans.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/dt/travisjohnson.html

3rd round: Ben Wilkerson, C LSU- Probable future pro bowl NFL center, status injured but the Texans know a thing or two about recovery. If not injured might of been a 1st round pick & 1st or 2nd Center taken in the draft.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/c/benwilkerson.html

3rd round: Marcus Lawrence, ILB So Carolina- reunited with Dunta Robinson. This may change as the draft gets closer but Marcus could fill the need as a back-up ILB his first year eventually winning out a starting position in a couple of years to go along with Babin & Peek (OLB'S).

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/ilb/marcuslawrence.html

Has Marcus Spears been mentioned? I was at the LSU-Alabama game this past Saturday and the defensive end Spears from LSU is damn good.

If Pollack is off the board before we pick, then with pick 3b/4 I like Roth from Iowa. The rotation of Peek/Roth @ ROLB would be fun to watch. Adell could be a fine 7th rounder. Maybe that should be our new tradition: last pick/last round=RedRaider

2004 BJ
2005 Adell
2006 Jarrett Hicks
2007 Danny A
2008 Graham

yeah i was at the game too and he tore it up, actually he has stepped it up in the last few games. in the troy game he had two sacks and four or five tackles for a loss. i mentioned him and a few others have, i think he would be a great fit at the end position

I think that we need a speed/impact middle linebacker to complement Jamie Sharper. I say we take Ahmad Brooks, ILB Virginia. young and very athletic.

FROM NFLDRAFTCOUNDOWN.COM
Great size...Very good speed...Amazing athlete who even saw time as a kick returner...Versatile...Could be an OLB or MLB at the pro level and even saw some time at defensive end in passing situations...Has everything you look for physically with an unlimited upside.

If this guy is athletic enough to return kicks, rush the passer from the DE position on passing situations, and play either LB position, WHY not draft this guy? He's also very young. A true sophmore, after a transfer from a millitary academy. Sounds too good to pass up. do it! do it! :heh:

brooks is good but i don't see him coming out this year, maybe i'm wrong. but if he did it wouldn't suprise me because of the weak mlb class. i would like to look at lance mitchell in the second round, hw would add a fast tackling machine. it all depends on what teams think about his knee.

Back