Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-14-2004   #121
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

This is horrible. Sounds to me like EA didnt like the competion. I cant believe the NFL accepted this exclusive deal. They basically destroyed any choice the consumer had when buying a NFL football game.

Its a sad day.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #122
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Has anyone seen James Allen (former Houston RB now goes by the name Merciless?) in Madden 05 as a MLB?! It happened to me and I was wondering if anyone else saw it.
Old 12-14-2004   #123
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer
Has anyone seen James Allen (former Houston RB now goes by the name Merciless?) in Madden 05 as a MLB?! It happened to me and I was wondering if anyone else saw it.
There is a OLB on the Saints named James Allen...

I havent seen the former Texans James Allen in the game...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #124
Jonathan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer
James Allen is a middle linebacker for the Saints.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...e?statsId=5968
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #125
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
That is very dissapointing to me. I feel that the sega product is a better product when played against live humans. EA is better if you play alone, but the ESPN 2k4 blows away the Madden game when played live against a human opponent.
Man, I agree with you 100%

ESPN2k5 is a much better product over XBL. I've played quite a bit of both online, and Sega's product really shines, especially with the ESPN tie-in.

I've bought Madden every year since the Genesis, and they definitely have the best franchise mode. But this year it seems like re-hash of Madden '04, not much was added other than the defensive hit-stick. I got really bored with it for the first time and could barely finish two full seasons. (EA's NCAA football, on the other hand, is a freakin' awesome game!)

This is really a bummer, as competition breeds innovation. Now that EA is the ONLY one with the NFL license, why do they really have to upgrade their product every year?
Old 12-17-2004   #126
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Old 12-17-2004   #127
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
This is really a bummer, as competition breeds innovation. Now that EA is the ONLY one with the NFL license, why do they really have to upgrade their product every year?
They're going to have to upgrade it, so people will buy it! It doesn't matter if theres no competition if they dont upgrade it people will find another game to play plain and simple.
Old 01-18-2005   #128
dmt217
Veteran

Default EA is at it again.

http://sports.ign.com/articles/580/580401p1.html

Quote:
EA Nabs ESPN as 15-Year Exclusive
First the NFL, now the most recognized brand in sports media.

January 17, 2005 - With thundering force, Electronic Arts may have just swung the final punch to sports rival SEGA: the gaming giant just announced it has entered a 15-year exclusive licensing deal with ESPN.

Under the agreement, EA has exclusive video game rights to ESPN-branded print, telecast, and online content -- in addition to other ESPN media properties. The agreement covers all gaming platforms -- consoles, PC, handhelds, and wireless, and will begin in 2006, upon completion of ESPN's current licensing commitments.

The agreement most clearly affects Take Two and SEGA, which jointly publish a series of ESPN-licensed sports titles. The companies are still reeling from EA's announcement last month that it had acquired exclusive video game rights to NFL properties -- a direct challenge to SEGA's ESPN NFL franchise.

Obviously, the challenge is now doubled.

Electronic Arts explains the ESPN agreement as helping gamers: "This relationship was created to benefit consumers who are passionate about sports games," said EA CEO Larry Probst. "EA SPORTS recreates the real life experience fans enjoy while watching or playing their favorite sport; while ESPN programming captures the look, sound and excitement of the sports they follow. Together, we believe we can significantly grow the interactive sports category."

Until recently, EA's sports titles, such as the Madden NFL series, have faced vigorous competition from SEGA's ESPN Videogames brand, which saw success last year with a strong critical reception and prices cut in half.

We'll be back with more on the situation as soon as new details emerge.
-- David Adams
What's next????

dmt217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005   #129
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I cant believe this....... Who is going to buy a game that has the Houston Bulls on it? Staring #8 at QB. Today they are going to face the Atlanta BlackBirds, at the terrific-done!

Maybe we can get CBS and Jim Nantz....
Old 01-18-2005   #130
Blake
MMQB

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
This just about says it all.
Old 01-18-2005   #131
dmt217
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
I cant believe this....... Who is going to buy a game that has the Houston Bulls on it? Staring #8 at QB. Today they are going to face the Atlanta BlackBirds, at the terrific-done!

Maybe we can get CBS and Jim Nantz....
Or Madden. I heard EA plans on dropping him as soon as his contract is up. He may sound like garbage IRL and in the game, but his name recognition might help Sega.

Anyway, you might want to invest in the Max Drive to download the rosters.

http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=283
dmt217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #132
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
(EA's NCAA football, on the other hand, is a freakin' awesome game!)

I agree 100%. I thought it was better than Madden & ESPN last year, and it is again this year.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005   #133
KeithBulluck53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmt217
On the last update, AJ's rating was 85...I think. He should be in the 86-88 range this year.

-And 84 for Carr seems to low in my mind.

IMO, I think it's too high. His stats weren't all that impressive. Carr should be in the 76-80 range.
it sounds a little high in my mind 73 sacks lol
KeithBulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #134
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Like Daunte Culpepper says...EA Sports,IT IS THE GAME BABY!

But....am I the only one who thinks Carr's speed (60) is too slow...cuz they gave Ben Roethlisberger 70 speed.
Old 01-22-2005   #135
astrofan
Veteran

I can't use the word cr*ck*r, but it's okay to post (and reply with quotes) pictures of Hitler
not only did I get censored, they deleted my whole post
this is surreal
astrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005   #136
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

If you have a question about the heavy censorship of this board.

Contact a mod through PM.

Or whine like I do.

Btw, what is wrong with Adolf Hitler. There isn't even a swastika in that picture. Just because your post is getting moderated don't come down on my posts. You're selling out your chior when you do that.
Old 01-22-2005   #137
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
If you have a question about the heavy censorship of this board.

Contact a mod through PM.

Or whine like I do.

Btw, what is wrong with Adolf Hitler. There isn't even a swastika in that picture. Just because your post is getting moderated don't come down on my posts. You're selling out your chior when you do that.
Honestly, your post is not bad taste Hitler (parody) , neither was his reference also (parody), but his point is fair. We unfortunately have to make judgement calls on some stuff and on other quite frankly even with a pretty extensive mod staff we miss.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005   #138
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Default The New Madden 2005 Thread

Well, there wasn't really a reason to lock the last thread....

Anyway.

For those of you playing Madden 2005 PC. This is the Pefect Slider

Skill Level: All Madden
Quarter Length: 11 minute(s)

Slider Human CPU
QB Accuracy 40 25
Pass Blocking 80 50
Receiver Catching 60 45
Running Ability 40 85
Offensive line Run Blocking 59 95
Defensive Awareness 99 35
Defensive line Knockdowns 99 0
Interceptions 50 0
Defensive Break Blocks 33 50
Tackling 33 50
Fieldgoal Length 50 43
Fieldgoal Accuracy 50 10
Punt Length 50 78
Punt Accuracy 50 50
Kickoff Length 61 56

Things i have found in testing. Avg 65 plays per game

The CPU will run the ball avg 22 times a game

Don't let the All Madden Scare you away. The Slider has taken away all the cheapness of ALL MADDEN level. The CPU plays as realistically as I have seen in 4 years of Madden.

This is bar-none the best slider you will ever find for the PC version.

You aren't punished for playing LB, or DB . You can get realistic Sack FF and Tackle Stats. The QB's don't take 1 step robot steps and fire passes like a cracked out Peyton Manning.

I am not sure how to convert this to the PS2/Xbox version. But if anyone can please do so and try it out.

Last edited by Ihategeeks; 01-23-2005 at 10:35 AM.
Ihategeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005   #139
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 29181 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Converting to console:

QB Accuracy 08 05
Pass Blocking 16 10
Receiver Catching 12 09
Running Ability 08 17
Offensive line Run Blocking 12 20
Defensive Awareness 20 07
Defensive line Knockdowns 10 00
Interceptions 10 00
Defensive Break Blocks 06 10
Tackling 06 10
Fieldgoal Length 10 08
Fieldgoal Accuracy 10 02
Punt Length 10 16
Punt Accuracy 10 10
Kickoff Length 12 11

I hear that to produce a more realistic passing defense, you should go and manually decrease all DB jumping stats by 10 for obvious reason....
gg no re is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #140
redlion
Rookie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re
Converting to console:

QB Accuracy 08 05
Pass Blocking 16 10
Receiver Catching 12 09
Running Ability 08 17
Offensive line Run Blocking 12 20
Defensive Awareness 20 07
Defensive line Knockdowns 10 00
Interceptions 10 00
Defensive Break Blocks 06 10
Tackling 06 10
Fieldgoal Length 10 08
Fieldgoal Accuracy 10 02
Punt Length 10 16
Punt Accuracy 10 10
Kickoff Length 12 11

I hear that to produce a more realistic passing defense, you should go and manually decrease all DB jumping stats by 10 for obvious reason....
so this would work for the PS2?
redlion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read