Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-12-2004   #61
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Madden 2005 thread

Just a helpful tip. I noticed on defense, using the 3-4 Renegade and shifting the LBs to the right (your left facing the screen) Babin shoots through like a monster.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004   #62
chicagotexan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu
When in a 3-4 while rushing Sharper, Babin gets free allot, swich to him and lay that big lick with the hit stick..wham! Also don't be afraid to go for the pick, if you miss him slap the hit stick for a quik tackle

Passing and catching is easyer on this game.
I wiff on laying the HIT STICK on RBs and WRs, but I can't lay a nasty lick on qb's. I took out Leftwich, who cares if it was a late it. He got KO'd! My avg run = 2.1 yds per carry. Is that DoubleD or Spencer Tillman at RB? DANGIT!!!
chicagotexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004   #63
dmt217
Veteran

It's a little harder this year, but not impossible. I noticed that if you don't stick to the play the way it's design, you'll get stuffed most of the time(unlike '04).
dmt217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004   #64
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, the one thing I really thought was cool was the create a fan feature. The reason is because they used the horn helmet that was originally created by Chris and Derek Aldridge. Chris was known as the #1 Oiler fan on TV and could be seen for many years at many Oiler games waving an Oiler flag when they scored. In our first inaugural season he and his son, Derek, were in the SI edition that talked about the game against the Cowboys. They are in there wearing that hat. I just thought it was cool there was something in the game that was authentic from a real Texan fan.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004   #65
Juan
Rookie

For Madden the people who made the game are trying to make the players look more real but in 2k5 the player are like cartooons.So the graphics for madden a bit better.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004   #66
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Coming from someone who enjoys both games, ESPN's graphics are light years ahead of madden's, IMO. The running game is much better in ESPN also, it seems to me that in madden you basically just steer your running back, whereas ESPN's version is much more true to life. For example I don't think you can express LT's elusiveness with madden's running engine, but you can with ESPN. The downside is ESPN can make Jerome Bettis look like LT at times. That said I enjoy Madden alot for it's franchise mode (Texans are 9-1 baby!) and it's chess-like feel online, and I love ESPN's gameplay which I feel is the closest thing to reality out there.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004   #67
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I have both games and anyone who says Maddens graphics are better than 2K5's are in great denial. In general, both games are good. It just boils down to personal preference. I'm leaning towards ESPN, its gameplay is addictive.
Old 08-15-2004   #68
Panther5407
All Pro

I can't wait, I finally get it friday. Now my NCAA grads have a place to go. Friend of mine said you can retract the roof at Houston, is that true?
Old 08-15-2004   #69
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther5407
I can't wait, I finally get it friday. Now my NCAA grads have a place to go.
Yeah NCAA is a lot of fun, and the new feature they put in where atheletes get in trouble and you must decide how to punish them is great. Apparently my players will all graduate with criminal records. Guess Baylor University becomes the Miami University in 05.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #70
goodness
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
Apparently my players will all graduate with criminal records. Guess Baylor University becomes the Miami University in 05.
LOL. Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.
But does that mean that you are playing AS Baylor? Recruiting must be a nightmare. Please, see the light and play as U.T.
Please.
goodness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #71
dmt217
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge
so how many of you guys play online? When do you play and what's your handle?
My brother will probably come over to play later today.

Look for his SN: dip set tlbn (Bears and Skins)
My SN: VCtnnl217
Old 08-16-2004   #72
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodness
LOL. Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.
But does that mean that you are playing AS Baylor? Recruiting must be a nightmare. Please, see the light and play as U.T.
Please.
Yes I played one season as Baylor. I actually one the NCAA Championship with them, and a help from a few "ringers" I made for the team in Create-A-Player. Now that I won the title recruiting is great, but the off the field issues are a bit of a drag. So far my starting QB has been in the news for two domesitc squabbles with his gf, and my starting defensive end was caught breaking curfew several times. Suprisingly enough though, after the title, Baylor got plenty of Blue Chip prospects. The only other school with a better draft class on the game was USC.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004   #73
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Just picked up this thread after being away for a while.
Agree with those who said that the Texans are rated too low. But I guess the easiest thing would be to tweak the attributes of the whole squad.
.....and that doesn't mean whacking everyting up to 99. Adding just 2 -3 to each attribute will increase the overall rating of the team and still make the game competitive to play!
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004   #74
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmt217
So far, so good. I've only had time to hit the practice field to learn the controls and playbook. The Hit Stick is awesome, but I wish there was some kind of delay after a play starts (players taking themselves out of the play by diving). I guess that's part of the punishment you get when you try to set up the defense.
whats the playbook like this year?

Last year I was disappointed with the create a play book facility - not enough formations allowed. And if you went with another coaches playbook you couldn't make individual formation subs!

madden 05 isn't out in the uk till october!!
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004   #75
dmt217
Veteran

I've been using Chicago's PB. It's pretty much the same as last year (over 80% of them are back). There are a few differences this year, which I'm sure you heard about already (option routes, formation shifts). The 34 PB now has the Nickel Strong & 43 formations. The 34 Pressure formation is gone.

I haven't messed w/ the custom PB b/c you can't use them online (which is good). I'm sure you still have a limited amount of plays compared to the coach's PBs.
Old 08-17-2004   #76
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbourda
Honestly, I have both games and anyone who says Maddens graphics are better than 2K5's are in great denial. In general, both games are good. It just boils down to personal preference. I'm leaning towards ESPN, its gameplay is addictive.

Very addictive. I've been a big time Madden gamer until now but ESPN won me over. Madden's graphics look like Pong compared to ESPN. The fluidity of the players in ESPN are miles ahead of Madden as well and not to mention the feel of the game with the full ESPN presentation and broadcasting in games. I got Madden this year just because ESPN has a glitch in the franchise mode....otherwise I'd be returning Madden. I'll be playing my franchise on Madden unfortunately and playing ESPN vs. buds.
Old 08-25-2004   #77
dmt217
Veteran

Madden's graphics & presenation may be inferior to ESPN, but it wins in the gameplay department (imo).

The options you have are deeper than ESPN (playmaker controls, off/def pre-snap adjustments, hitstick). Plus, the AI is much smarter this year.

Anyway, does anyone else play online? Look for my new SN "VCarrTnl"
Old 08-26-2004   #78
MADDENFAN
Rookie

I Don't Understand How They Made Aaron Glenn Faster Than Andre Johnson. They Made David Carr About As Mobile As Testaverde,but Other Than That I Can Pull Out Some Games Online With Them.you Just Have To Pick Your Plays Wisely.
MADDENFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004   #79
dmt217
Veteran

Just a little heads up for the online players.

There's a glitch where your players' speed on defense gets really slow (ie. Champ not being able to chase down Bledsoe). It's called the quicksand glitch. When you see someone calling a formation shift numerous times, it will cause your player's fatigue levels to go down. To counter this (can't confirm since this hasn't happened to me yet), call a defensive audible or reset your defense by hitting square L2 button (PS2).

Also, the disconnection glitch is still alive and kicking this year. I have not heard how you can prevent this...Does anyone know?

**update from...

Quote:
Bert, from VG Sports posted this email from an EA representative:

_____

Guys,

I appreciate all the reports of this serious exploit. We, through your help, have identified a game play issue regarding formation switches on offense that could affect the fatigue level of the defense. This issue would affect both online and offline play.

This issue can be resolved in one of two ways. The first is to turn fatigue off; when this option is off, the issue can not be observed or exploited. The second is to audible to your original play (audible L2) if the offense shifts; while this works, it makes it very difficult to make pre-play adjustments, as the audible resets any adjustments.

For online play, we will be patching the servers and disabling fatigue, so that this issue will not be used as an exploit online. This change will be made tomorrow morning at 1 AM PST for both the Xbox and PS2 servers. The update will be invisible to users and will not require a client side patch. Online games will still show fatigue as "on" but it will really be off. While this isn't a perfect solution, we felt it was the best way to counter the exploit.

We have also modified the settings at the Madden Challenge events and alerted the staff to this so that this issue can not be used as an exploit in the events.

We wanted to make you aware of this so you could inform your members for their normal offline games, and wanted to take this chance to thank you for helping identify this issue and bringing it to light, the power of the community really helps make Madden the great game that it is.

Be sure to send me any questions.

Thanks,

Nathan Fahrenthold
EA SPORTS Community Producer
Old 09-01-2004   #80
MADDENFAN
Rookie

Anybody Up For A Game Online Tonight Around 9:00p ?
MADDENFAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read