Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-06-2004   #41
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Hard to use combine numbers as an exact translation to madden ratings. Alot of players play differently then they clock at the combine, ya know? But agreed, sometimes some of our players don't seem to get a fair shake. Overall I think the numbers look pretty good though....
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #42
Jonathan
Veteran

Here is the 6 page review from IGN. I can't wait until next week.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/536/536289p1.html?fromint=1
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #43
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

DDavis is ALOT faster than i expected (I expected 88 speed), his break tackle should be higher (78) Armstrong is also pretty fast (90)... Carr is way too slow (60, should be around 75)... other than that...

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004   #44
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

how much harder is the passing game???

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #45
dmt217
Veteran

Default Re: The Madden 2005 thread

Heh, John's commentary has always been bland, so that's no surprise...

Did anyone here rumors about John working for ESPN Sunday night games in the near future?
dmt217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #46
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing I have noticed about ESPN 2K5. Not alot of different plays to call. Too many big plays. I had 3 ints all returned for TD's last night playing the Ravens against the Eagles on the All-Pro level.
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #47
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Wow is all I got to say about Madden. Love how in the new one, when the roof is open, there is a shade line down 1/4 of the field. When you get to the latter part of the game, the shade line is 1/2 of the field and the full south end zone. Sharper is a stud in the game. Same with Robaire. Glenn deflected 5 passes, and Robinson plays ok (got burned for a 50yrd play). DDavis is ok quick, breaks tackles alot. The crowd noise is almost too loud sometimes. Not as much commentary. Touchdowns are great, and the pan to the fans in the endzone is cool.
All and all an excellent game, 5 times better than last year.
Played one game, and beat San Diego 48-7.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-11-2004   #48
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu
Talking Re: The Madden 2005 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAN84
Wow is all I got to say about Madden. Love how in the new one, when the roof is open, there is a shade line down 1/4 of the field. When you get to the latter part of the game, the shade line is 1/2 of the field and the full south end zone. Sharper is a stud in the game. Same with Robaire. Glenn deflected 5 passes, and Robinson plays ok (got burned for a 50yrd play). DDavis is ok quick, breaks tackles alot. The crowd noise is almost too loud sometimes. Not as much commentary. Touchdowns are great, and the pan to the fans in the endzone is cool.
All and all an excellent game, 5 times better than last year.
Played one game, and beat San Diego 48-7.
I agree! Sharper is a stud.
Old 08-11-2004   #49
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Got it today and like it a lot so far. I'm terrible at Defense, and the hit stick has been useless for me at this point, but hopefully ill get the hang of it. I also seem to be much better at passing than running.
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #50
chicagotexan
All Pro

Now I got you my pretty. That D is tough. DoubleD broke 2 30 yarders, but the rest were 1-2 yrds. Babin looks good though.
chicagotexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #51
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu
Talking Re: The Madden 2005 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan
Now I got you my pretty. That D is tough. DoubleD broke 2 30 yarders, but the rest were 1-2 yrds. Babin looks good though.
When in a 3-4 while rushing Sharper, Babin gets free allot, swich to him and lay that big lick with the hit stick..wham! Also don't be afraid to go for the pick, if you miss him slap the hit stick for a quik tackle

Passing and catching is easyer on this game.
Old 08-12-2004   #52
blockhead83
All Pro

I can finally control a linebacker and make plays, which is something I couldn't do in previous editions. I've had several user picks with Sharper, so it's good to feel like I can make an impact in the defensive game. Speaking of Sharper, he's made 4 goal line stops for me (within the 1 yard line), three of them were on consecutive plays, what a stud!
Old 08-12-2004   #53
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

I'm playing on All Pro level, and so far the 3 down linemen for me are shutting down the run. Also, Wong is playing like a beast, averaging 8 tackles a game. Babin had 2 sacks last game. I'm getting pissed though because too many times my CBs are getting beat.
Old 08-12-2004   #54
dmt217
Veteran

So far, so good. I've only had time to hit the practice field to learn the controls and playbook. The Hit Stick is awesome, but I wish there was some kind of delay after a play starts (players taking themselves out of the play by diving). I guess that's part of the punishment you get when you try to set up the defense.
dmt217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #55
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

so how many of you guys play online? When do you play and what's your handle?
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #56
blockhead83
All Pro

I play online with the xbox, my gamertag is blockhead83 (go figure). I'm a complete bum for the next couple days, so if anyone wants to play just leave me a message. The only condition is I get the Texans.
Old 08-12-2004   #57
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Whats up with Madden putting artificial turf in Reliant?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #58
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAN84
Whats up with Madden putting artificial turf in Reliant?
They did that again? They did that last year. How hard is it to get THAT right?
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #59
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I played all day with Babin going in and all he did was disrupt the entire offense, he had like 4 sacks and forced 3 INTs by Dunta Robinson. Dunta got burned a bit on the long ones but more than half the time, if the TE lined up on Babin's side, Wong made up for the difference.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #60
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Just bought Madden for the PS2. Compared to ESPN2K5 for the XBOX, the Madden graphics are terrible!! The Texans have some sort of light blue on the shoulder pads that must be light shading.

The gameplay is fine but the graphics are awful

Btw, the Texans beat the Girls 40-21.
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read