Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-20-2009   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Former top recruit just looking for shot in NFL

Quote:
Willie Williams likes to say that you’re not supposed to live your life with regrets. He clings to this belief, despite knowing the outside world looks at him and thinks he should have many.

“I don’t look at my life with bitterness,” he says. “I look at it with motivation. This is the bed I made and chose to lay in, so I’m going to have to sleep in it.”

A linebacker who was once widely considered the nation’s best defensive prospect coming out of high school – in the same year Minnesota Vikings star Adrian Peterson was tabbed as the country’s best prep offensive player – Williams is less than a week removed from the NFL draft. But rather than sitting in the green room with other celebrated draft picks in New York City on Saturday, he’ll watch with a small collection of family, eating some modest home cooking and hoping that some team, any team, will give him an opportunity to play in the league. According to his college coaches, at least 17 NFL franchises have shown some level of interest. Whether any of them are willing to go further will be one of this draft’s underrated story lines.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009   #2
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Former top recruit just looking for shot in NFL

The bad thing about this guy is that if he doesn't get signed with a team and make it in the NFL, he'll fall back on the only thing he knows how to do and that's crime. Most likely it's the NFL or prison for him.

With 11 arrests in highschool, how did this guy ever make it into college. It's really a sad day when universities will look the other way and allow criminals to go to school for free with good kids who pay tuition just because they can play football.

Last edited by Wolf6151; 04-20-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009   #3
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
The bad thing about this guy is that if he doesn't get signed with a team and make it in the NFL, he'll fall back on the only thing he knows how to do and that's crime. Most likely it's the NFL or prison for him.
Yep

I dont feel sorry for him though.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009   #4
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

He had his chance and I don't expect the Texans to even consider him!
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009   #5
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Not buying it. I remember when this guy was a Huriicane....all you heard about was the trouble he was getting into on his RECRUITING trips. IMO this guy is another pacman; all the talent in the world but the guy JUST DOESNT get it.

No sympathy.
Old 04-21-2009   #6
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have him pretty highly ranked in my small school list. He has talent, no question there. But too much baggage. I see a team giving him a shot though.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I have him pretty highly ranked in my small school list. He has talent, no question there. But too much baggage. I see a team giving him a shot though.
I don't think so.

Didn't Goodell put in a new rule where a team could potentially lose draft picks if they pick up guys like this and the guy messes up?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-21-2009   #8
Polo

He needs to fail. I hope he doesn't get drafted.
Old 04-21-2009   #9
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I don't think so.

Didn't Goodell put in a new rule where a team could potentially lose draft picks if they pick up guys like this and the guy messes up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
He needs to fail. I hope he doesn't get drafted.
He wont get drafted. But some team will invite him to camp. I am very confident of that.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read