Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-20-2009   #1
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61599 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ESPN All Time Draft

An interesting exercise to kill time in the offseason at least. ESPN is wondering what would happen if today's teams, with their current needs, could draft anyone. They threw out player's professional records, since it is based on their college careers.

Detroit leads off with the selection of John Elway.

And I can't complain about the Texans' pick -- but then again I want a 1st round RB.

Earl Campbell.

Oh and the Cowboys, with no first round pick, selected Brian Bosworth at 51.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009   #2
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: ESPN All Time Draft

nice blog

yeah them having Stern and the Redskins drafting Audray Bruce is hilarious.
Old 04-20-2009   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

David Carr 6th on the all time QB prospect list - enough said.
Old 04-20-2009   #4
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61599 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
David Carr 6th on the all time QB prospect list - enough said.
I think that's just because "Carr" comes before "Elway" in the alphabet cack.
Old 04-20-2009   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
I think that's just because "Carr" comes before "Elway" in the alphabet cack.
Oops - folks don't normally do "big boards" in alphabetical order.
Old 04-20-2009   #6
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I think someone may have already started a thread on this but anyways...I'm looking at OLB and DT. I would probably go with a guy like Cortz Kennedy or John Henderson. At OLB, probably Derrick Thomas or Lawerence Taylor or maybe even Kevin Greene.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009   #7
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I think someone may have already started a thread on this but anyways...I'm looking at OLB and DT. I would probably go with a guy like Cortz Kennedy or John Henderson. At OLB, probably Derrick Thomas or Lawerence Taylor or maybe even Kevin Greene.
LT was taken 9th by the Pack. Otherwise I would agree with you on him. I'd still rather have Campbell than Kennedy or Henderson. I wouldn't complain if the Texans took Derrick Thomas.

Sorry if this thread is a dupe. If so mods please merge.
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read