Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-18-2009   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Still Wondering Why The Texans.......

.................have not been bringing in draft prospects, while other teams are bringing them in wholesale for an up close and personal look? I know the arguments that you don't want to give your hand and the scouts have had opportunity to evaluate under earlier organized venues. BUT, I still have that little question rattling in my mind, WHY couldn't this have been utlized to some advantage, even if used only in a limited way?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009   #2
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Still Wondering Why The Texans.......

I've been wondering the same thing.

Is it possible they've brought some guys in and are keeping it under wraps?

or

Is it possible yhat Uncle BoB is being cheap?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009   #3
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pretty sure they've brought in just as many as other teams. It only gets reported on Scout.com or indirectly through the players mouths themselves. The media here gets zilch from this organization, and rightfully so.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009   #4
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans do bring the 30 prospects allowed by the league. They don't release the names nor does the local media leak the info on the players.
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009   #5
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess it could be worse. I was watching NFLN as they were assessing the Chiefs and the KC equivalent to McClain said that the new F/O hasn't had but three pressers since the turnover and Matt Cassell has yet to address the KC media/fanbase
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009   #6
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel like we've actually had pretty decent amounts of press this offseason.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009   #7
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I know for a fact that Robert Ayers and Jared Cook (south carolina tight end) have visited.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-18-2009   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
The Texans do bring the 30 prospects allowed by the league. They don't release the names nor does the local media leak the info on the players.
Tricky Rick is doing his Parcells routine.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009   #9
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
would be nice if it worked as good for him as it did/does for Parcells.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
You mean, THIS ONE. Vinny?:

IF I TOLD YOU REPORTERS ONCE, I'VE TOLD YOU A THOUSAND TIMES.............I KNOW NOTHINGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

Old 04-18-2009   #11
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

The info is out there guys. You just have to dig around for it. Here's a couple of reports from GBN.

http://www.gbnreport.com/sleeperfile.html

Wednesday, April 15... CB Greg Toler, St. Paul’s…

.......Toler was originally scouted by Baltimore and Washington, but once word got out he has started to pile up the frequent flyer miles with pre-draft visits or workouts with Houston,

Sunday, April 12... DT Vaughn Martin, 6-3, 331, Western Ontario…

....Martin, in fact, has visited, or will visit, with a number of teams this month including Green Bay, Indianapolis, Carolina, San Diego, Miami, St. Louis and Cleveland among their 30 allowed on-site visits while Houston and the Jets sent scouts north to check to Martin this winter.

UNOFFICIAL LIST OF PLAYER VISITS TO NFL TEAMS PRIOR TO THE 2009 DRAFT.....

.......Houston RB Andre Brown;

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009   #12
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
.................have not been bringing in draft prospects, while other teams are bringing them in wholesale for an up close and personal look? I know the arguments that you don't want to give your hand and the scouts have had opportunity to evaluate under earlier organized venues. BUT, I still have that little question rattling in my mind, WHY couldn't this have been utlized to some advantage, even if used only in a limited way?
CND,

If you want an exhaustive list of prospects that we've interviewed, go to inthebullseye.com. They have a very good list there. It's also the best place to get salary cap information on the Texans.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
CNS,

If you want an exhaustive list of prospects that we've interviewed, go to anthills.com. They have a very good list there. It's also the best place to get salary cap information on the Texans.

Appreciate you directing me to the existence of this site.
Old 04-18-2009   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
CND,

If you want an exhaustive list of prospects that we've interviewed, go to inthebullseye.com. They have a very good list there. It's also the best place to get salary cap information on the Texans.
DM...............I just noted that the link refered to in my last response was changed to anthills.com from inthebullseye.com........what happened?????? (I know that I didn't do it)
Old 04-18-2009   #15
Big Poundcake
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 Big Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden cover

This article says that DE Brian Orakpo has(or will) visit with the Texans.http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...d-sanchez.html
Big Poundcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009   #16
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
DM...............I just noted that the link refered to in my last response was changed to anthills.com from inthebullseye.com........what happened?????? (I know that I didn't do it)
Went to inthebullseye... couldn't find the list you referred to...
...is it one of the msg board topics?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009   #17
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

I couldn't find it either.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009   #18
danger6
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 danger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden cover

Try this . . .
http://www.inthebullseye.com/forums/...read.php?t=490
danger6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009   #19
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Yes. Under the NFL Draft forum.
For salary cap info, just hit the salary cap button on the home page and then scroll down.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

William Moore (S, Mizzou)
Nic Harris (S/LB, Oklahoma)
Rashad Johnson (S, Alabama)
Chip Vaughn (S, Wake Forest)
Malcolm Jenkins (CB, Ohio State)
Vontae Davis (CB, Illinois)
Keenan Lewis (CB, Oregon State)
Coye Francies (CB, San Jose States)
Robert Ayers (DE, Tennessee)
Connor Barwin (DE/OLB/TE, Cincinnati)
Everette Brown (DE, Florida State)
Cody Brown (DE, Connecticut)
Gerald McGrath (LB, Southern Miss)
Clay Matthews (LB, USC)
Larry English (LB/DE UNI)
Jason Watkins (OL, Florida)
Jaimie Thomas (OL, Maryland)
Quan Cosby (WR, Texas)
Louis Murphy (WR, Florida)
Juaquin Iglesias (WR, Oklahoma)
Derrick Williams (WR, Penn State)
Jeremy Maclin (WR, Mizzou)
Jared Cook (TE, South Carolina)

Also rumored to have visited the Texans at the Combine where
Demetrius Byrd, WR, LSU
Andre Brown, RB, NC State

Quote:
I admit I stole this list from a post on TT.com. JWarren14 posted this list from Scouts inc.
I believe fair use went out the window a while back.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 04-19-2009 at 11:04 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read