Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: What should be done with the Rosencopter sig?
No, don't do it. 3 7.32%
Yes, and retire the Texans Rosencopter sig. 22 53.66%
Yes, but still KEEP the Texans version of the sig. 4 9.76%
I could give a rat's @$$ (yet I still voted. hmmmm.....) 12 29.27%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2009   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Should I, or should I not?

Should I alter my Rosencopter sig, decking it out in Vikings colors and helmet decal...and then go over to the Vikes board and let someone snag it for their very own? Not to be disrespectful, but as a token of empathy for what might be in store for them? Would the humor not translate to them?

I was a big supporter of Sage. One play doesn't define a career, but in this case it makes for a helluva' good laugh. And Sage has said he's over it.

So, should I attempt to send it to them. And should I retire the Texans Rosencopter...a permanent "grounding" and store it away in the hangar of memories?

I am really torn, but I think it's a fun idea. Please vote.
Old 04-17-2009   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should I, or should I not?

Your original sig will undoubtedly always be remembered and should be retired as part of Texans history. Let Sage have his oportunity to live his starting dream with Minnesota...........and still maintain the fond memories he has of Houston. Respect is always repaid.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Create a picture album here on the board and consign your epic sig to an eternal afterlife here on Texans Talk. I have done that with many of my older avatar pics.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2

I would not send that to the Vikings board because I truly wish the best for Sage over there.
Old 04-17-2009   #4
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Create a picture album here on the board and consign your epic sig to an eternal afterlife here on Texans Talk.
That's cool. How do you do that?

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009   #5
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh...I think it should be retired. Personally I think you should try for something referring to Dan O. and stepping out of the back of the endzone.

Something like :"crossing the line for your safety"
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009   #6
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Get rid of both the Rosencopter sig and the Jonas Bros. avatar.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009   #7
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 18579 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Time to retire the Rosencopter. He is gome from our team. It's a new season

Dan O has not done anything for this team yet - good or bad so he shouldn't be penalized for anything he did while on a previous team. Same for Sage with the Vikings.

Now if Sage does - you should be the first on the Vikings board with the sig.
Old 04-18-2009   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Eh...I think it should be retired. Personally I think you should try for something referring to Dan O. and stepping out of the back of the endzone.

Something like :"crossing the line for your safety"
Ahhh!

"I Walk The Line" with a Johnny Cash theme incorporated somehow.

Thanks for the creative input, Goldensilence.

Last edited by GP; 04-18-2009 at 07:28 PM.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009   #9
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
Time to retire the Rosencopter. He is gome from our team. It's a new season

Dan O has not done anything for this team yet - good or bad so he shouldn't be penalized for anything he did while on a previous team. Same for Sage with the Vikings.

Now if Sage does - you should be the first on the Vikings board with the sig.
I'm with Gram. New season will doubtless inspire some new sig - hopefully something involving Texans' colors around a Super Bowl trophy - so send this one out to the TT.com sig Hall of Fame.

But not until at least the preseason; I still involuntarily smile whenever I see it.
Old 04-18-2009   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

So, when do I get to use the Rosencopter sig as a "throwback" sig?

Do we have the Vikes on our schedule this year?

Also: I need to know how I can include the Rosencopter sig into a "photo album" like Herv had mentioned.

Last edited by GP; 04-18-2009 at 07:41 PM.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009   #11
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Also: I need to know how I can include the Rosencopter sig into a "photo album" like Herv had mentioned.
Ditto

Nice work on the new sig, must spread rep......

Old 04-19-2009   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

yes, it's a prime time game and the team will pass out battle red beanie hats with little propellers on them.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
That's cool. How do you do that?
Go to your User Control Panel and look on the left hand side for the "Pictures & Albums" link. It's real easy to do once you get in there.
Old 04-19-2009   #14
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Go to your User Control Panel and look on the left hand side for the "Pictures & Albums" link. It's real easy to do once you get in there.
I must not have it because this is what my user cp looks like......

Am I overlooking the link?

Thanks for your help.

Old 04-19-2009   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
yes, it's a prime time game and the team will pass out battle red beanie hats with little propellers on them.
LOL. Very nice.
Old 04-19-2009   #16
Lucky

Rep Power: 104254 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Am I overlooking the link?
I think you have to go to your profile page to create the picture album. Not that I've ever created a picture album.
Old 04-19-2009   #17
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I think you have to go to your profile page to create the picture album. Not that I've ever created a picture album.
On texanstalk.com(user cp) I don't have it but I do have it on the houstontexans.com message board.

Can we have that option here?

Last edited by Brando; 04-19-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-19-2009   #18
Lucky

Rep Power: 104254 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can we have that option here?
But, we do have the option here. I just created a picture album, Pics I Like. I don't understand why you can't do th same. Sounds like something for Vinny or Khari to look at.
Old 04-19-2009   #19
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
But, we do have the option here. I just created a picture album, Pics I Like. I don't understand why you can't do th same. Sounds like something for Vinny or Khari to look at.
Yeah maybe it's just for mods and admins here, where as at ht.com it's for everyone?

Sorry about hijacking the thread GP, I will start a thread in graphics and tech talk.

Last edited by Brando; 04-19-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-19-2009   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

I can't find it on my user cp, either.

Brando: Don't worry about hijacking the thread. I'm the king of all hijackers, so it's no big deal.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read