Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

PFW Mock Draft (4-17-09)

I like Cushing at 15 for us but is there actually a feeling that Diles' injury was career threatening? I am always skeptical about people who don't actually cover the Texans throwing that word out.

bah007

Hall of Fame
I like Cushing at 15 for us but is there actually a feeling that Diles' injury was career threatening? I am always skeptical about people who don't actually cover the Texans throwing that word out.
I haven't heard that anywhere. Maybe I missed it, but I thought he was just a little slow on his rehab right now.

Wolf6151

All Pro
I didn't hear that the injury was career threatening but I read an article several months ago that said the surgery involved a metal plate and several metal pins to put the bone back together again. That sure sounds career threatening and doesn't sound like something he'll come back from. I have serious doubt that Diles plays pro football again.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I'm always skeptical about the injury information the Texans give out. Or don't give out.

Going LB in the 1st makes a lot of sense if Diles is not available. They may need to go LB twice in their 1st 5 picks. I hope the Texans can move down in th 1st before taking one of these USC OLBs. I'm pretty much convinced that's were their going with the pick.

I'm always skeptical about the injury information the Texans give out. Or don't give out.

Going LB in the 1st makes a lot of sense if Diles is not available. They may need to go LB twice in their 1st 5 picks. I hope the Texans can move down in th 1st before taking one of these USC OLBs. I'm pretty much convinced that's were their going with the pick.
That is so true and its the reason I couldn't completely dismiss the possibility his injury is more serious than we are being told. Hopefully Zach is going to be alright because even if we go LB early Diles is still valuable depth and seems to be a good guy.