Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-16-2009   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default DeMeco Ryans to participate in voluntary workouts next week

According to Craig Roberts. Roberts does a radio show with Ryans during the season.

Here's a synopsis of everything: Great news: DeMeco Ryans coming back to Houston for voluntary conditioning program

Hope this means something gets worked out soon. Oh, and DeMeco Ryan's old website is down. I guess that's what happens when you fire your agent...though I would think that he was entitled to the data on there since he paid for it.

Old 04-16-2009   #2
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx
Default Re: DeMeco Ryans to participate in voluntary workouts next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans_chick View Post
according to craig roberts. Roberts does a radio show with ryans during the season.

Here's a synopsis of everything: great news: Demeco ryans coming back to houston for voluntary conditioning program

hope this means something gets worked out soon. Oh, and demeco ryan's old website is down. I guess that's what happens when you fire your agent...though i would think that he was entitled to the data on there since he paid for it.

*huge exhale*
Old 04-16-2009   #3
TexansMVP
Probowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Oh, and DeMeco Ryan's old website is down. I guess that's what happens when you fire your agent...though I would think that he was entitled to the data on there since he paid for it.
LOL. Way to get back at DeMeco.
TexansMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
According to Craig Roberts. Roberts does a radio show with Ryans during the season.

Here's a synopsis of everything: Great news: DeMeco Ryans coming back to Houston for voluntary conditioning program

Hope this means something gets worked out soon. Oh, and DeMeco Ryan's old website is down. I guess that's what happens when you fire your agent...though I would think that he was entitled to the data on there since he paid for it.

You, me, and a couple hundred thousand of our closest friends.
Old 04-16-2009   #5
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Too bad the 9.975 million dollar man doesn't share the same thoughts.

Good to see Demeco coming back, hopefully it's a sign that we'll finally "pay the man!".
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009   #6
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Much ado about nada....especially if #59 is using little adolph to leak his info.

He was always gonna be here bustin' arse like he does when it matters.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 205022 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Steph,

If you're looking for a "manager," I come cheap. Hot off the press, you've once again been linked on PFT.

Quote:
Houston Texans star linebacker DeMeco Ryans plans to attend offseason workouts next week and has zeroed in on a new agent after recently firing Kirk Wood, according to Craig Roberts of 790 AM Radio in Houston, per Stephanie Stradley of the Houston Chronicle.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-16-2009   #8
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33391 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Fantastic news. Great stuff DeMeco.

You give a little, you get a little. Give him the contract.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009   #9
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

They'll pay him. I'm really not concerned about it.

Dunta on the other hand...
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

That's good news because Ryans is more valuable to us than D-Rob or OD.
We can get another TE to replace OD if he's not happy with the kind of deal Smith eventually offers him and while D-Rob would be tougher to replace (good corners definitely don't grow on trees, but TEs might), if he's gotta go he's gotta go and I'm now convinced he gotta go because he sincerely wants to go. But Ryans personafies the heart & soul of the defense and we need to get him signed, fat, & happy.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009   #11
Wolfiegrrl
Wonder Woman

Rep Power: 4408 Wolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via MSN to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfiegrrl

I fully believe the front office is trying their best to get fair contracts out to all of these guys. It's a one step at a time process. We tried with Robinson, that didn't work. Moved on to Ryans, that didn't work. Now, they are renegotiating with Daniels. I'm hoping that works. Ryans fires his agent and the new guy will get the deal done. Why? Because he's Williams' agent too. Knowing the team, the dedication from the players and the front office folks is really going to help out this situation in my opinion. I just hope Robinson will open up his damned eyes and take a more fair perspective of the situation.
Wolfiegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009   #12
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Ryans is making a smart move here that might bolster his position with the front office. I think him and Dunta got more then fair contract offers, and I'm wondering what kind of number's we'll see for Daniel's deal. IMO I'm just not sure Owen would've developed in to the TE he has today elsewhere, nor would get used as well as he does in this offense.

Good faith move by Ryans and honestly, I'm curious what we'd get for Dunta on a draft day deal.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009   #13
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew Demeco would come around and OD too. Dunta is starting to really rub me the wrong way.

I mean seriously, how many millions do you need? He should have taken what they offered him originally before they put the franchise tag on him. As great a motivator as he has been to our team, he is now detracting from it and acting like he's in grade school. Wah wah wah, go get some cheese for your whine. I, for one, am sick of hearing him, and am losing respect for him fast.

We don't need any diversions like that, especially this year. Put your big boy pants on and get back to work.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009   #14
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Woo!
Now lets just get Dunta worked out!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009   #15
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post

Good faith move by Ryans and honestly, I'm curious what we'd get for Dunta on a draft day deal.
I agree with your whole post but wanted to point to this specifically. I mentioned that a week or two ago and I too wonder if Dunta's franchising might be a trade&sign type deal since he's so unhappy here. What would you take? 2 2nds?

What would be an appropriate price if some team were to ask?
Would you use Dunta to move up in the first targeting someone specifically? Orakpo, Raji?

I'd love Dunta to be the tiniest little hammer of hell here in Houston but if he doesn't want to play fair, let him go. We'll be compensated.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009   #16
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
That's good news because Ryans is more valuable to us than D-Rob or OD.
We can get another TE to replace OD if he's not happy with the kind of deal Smith eventually offers him and while D-Rob would be tougher to replace (good corners definitely don't grow on trees, but TEs might), if he's gotta go he's gotta go and I'm now convinced he gotta go because he sincerely wants to go. But Ryans personafies the heart & soul of the defense and we need to get him signed, fat, & happy.
I disagree, almost every draft, there is some rookie stud linebacker, and DeMeco was one of those. Ever since that initial season where he was a tackling MACHINE, he's been on the decline, at least in production terms. If we lose DeMeco, I'll be really disappointed, but a MLB is far from a position that is hard to refill. We struck gold on OD, and he's already one of the top TEs in the league, how many other young TEs have produced? Remember Vernon Davis? Mercedes Lewis? As for CB, yes, CBs are at a premium right now, and while Dunta is starting to annoy me, we kind of need him, even though at this point I'm viewing him as a good number 2 corner who can tackle, but without elite coverage skills.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009   #17
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ben Dogra, the new agent for DeMeco Ryans, confirmed today that the Texans' middle linebacker will start participating in the team's voluntary conditioning program on Monday.

Ryans, who is trying to get a contract extension, fired agent Kirk Wood recently and hired Dogra, who represents defensive end Mario Williams. Ryans turned down a long-term extension in February. He's scheduled to make $1.39 million this season.

"He's coming in," Dogra said today from his office in St. Louis. "I know the Texans are busy with the draft right now. At some point, I looked forward to have a discussion with them."

Ryans has been working out in Arizona for the last two weeks while the Texans have been working on conditioning at their Methodist Training Center. The First and Ten Youth Football Camp that Ryans is hosting with cornerback Dunta Robinson and receiver Andre Johnson, has been postponed from Saturday to April 25 at Butler Stadium.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6376641.html
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009   #18
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
I disagree, almost every draft, there is some rookie stud linebacker, and DeMeco was one of those. Ever since that initial season where he was a tackling MACHINE, he's been on the decline, at least in production terms. If we lose DeMeco, I'll be really disappointed, but a MLB is far from a position that is hard to refill. We struck gold on OD, and he's already one of the top TEs in the league, how many other young TEs have produced? Remember Vernon Davis? Mercedes Lewis? As for CB, yes, CBs are at a premium right now, and while Dunta is starting to annoy me, we kind of need him, even though at this point I'm viewing him as a good number 2 corner who can tackle, but without elite coverage skills.
I agree that in a 4-3, Lb's are a little easier to replace, Giving a non-elite CB elite money is a very bad idea. If a team will bite, I'd move Dunta in a heart beat and draft a few CB's this year. Butler, A. Smith, S. Smith, ect...
Old 04-16-2009   #19
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I'm no expert but it seems to me that those who show themselves to be a leader and a team first kinda guy (DeMeco having a change of agent/heart and deciding to participate WITH THE TEAM) should be paid more than those who do not conduct themselves as leaders and/or team first players (Dunta refusing to participate WITH THE TEAM and allegedly turning down 23+M guaranteed).
Old 04-16-2009   #20
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I agree that in a 4-3, Lb's are a little easier to replace, Giving a non-elite CB elite money is a very bad idea. If a team will bite, I'd move Dunta in a heart beat and draft a few CB's this year. Butler, A. Smith, S. Smith, ect...
I agree... I would try to trade Dunta for a late first rounder, if noone bites trade him for a second. He wants out of h-town. I would try to get something for him before he leaves next year.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read