Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-15-2009   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jags Jones-Drew inks new contract, 17.5 Million guaranteed

Jones-Drew signed a five-year, $31 million contract Wednesday with Jacksonville that includes $17.5 million guaranteed.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6375253.html
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 135847 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jags Jones-Drew inks new contract, 17.5 Million guaranteed

Well deserved for MJD. Guys plays his heart out every week.

Plus it times up serious money for them. =)

Somewhere Shawne Merriman is clinching his chest; LINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.

Last edited by PapaL; 04-15-2009 at 06:03 PM.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009   #3
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33472 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

MJD deserves that, he plays his heart out every game I see him play. Good move from the Jags.
mattieuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009   #4
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Agree. He's a rival player on a rival team - but there are few guys I respect more.

Oh, and let's not forget what he did to Shawn Merriman. LOL

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
MJD deserves that, he plays his heart out every game I see him play. Good move from the Jags.
Try owning him (last season) and then tell me if he played his heart out.

I owned him in fantasy football last year, thinking he would do what he had done the previous year. Oops. All I can figure is that somehow the mood of the locker room was a little tense, with there being some sort of lack of unity due to the Fred Taylor situation: He knew it was time to go, knew it was going to be MJD's club next year (this year) and so it created some funk all up in there.

MJD's lack of production absolutely killed my fantasy football team. I kept thinking he would turn it around, and each Monday I woke up a little more distressed about one of my RBs not producing what they typically have in the past.

Having said that, I think I caught him in a transition year with Fred Taylor on his way out. I look for him to snap back to form. But that Jags team might be too bad for me to draft him.
Old 04-16-2009   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

GP, he is a great flex option. On a bad Jags team he is a boom bust player though. I had the same problem last year, but luckily he was my 3rd/4th RB.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read