Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-14-2009   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Since the schedule has been released....

How about a prediction thread?

Jets W
@Titans L
Jags W
Raiders W
@Arizona L
@Bengals W
49ers W
@Buffalo L
@Indy W(first win in Indy, we're due)
Titans W
Colts W
@Jaguars L
Seahawks W
@ Rams W
@ Dolphins L(we're due to lose against the Dolphins)
Patriots L

10-6 record

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 04-14-2009 at 07:44 PM. Reason: schedule from www.houstontexans.com
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #2
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Since the schedule has been released....

As of now, here's what I think....

Jets W
@Titans W
Jags W
Raiders W
@Arizona L
@Bengals W
49ers W
@Buffalo W
@Indy W(first win in Indy, we're due)
Titans W
Colts W
@Jaguars W
Seahawks W
@ Rams W
@ Dolphins W
Patriots L

I know that means a record of 14-2, but I honestly believe we can beat these teams with the exception of Pats and Cards.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #3
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

That @ Arizona loss you have us at. What effect will having Antonio Smith in our midst have, surely he'll be able to help the coaches out a lot in the week beforehand with his insider knowledge of their scheme's etc on Defence?

A little O/T I know but I just got thinking about it.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #4
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd switch the mid-season Buffalo and Indy games. Buffalo to a W and Indy to a L. Just don't think we're solid or mature enough to take Indy down away. Buffalo is going to be a good game; two younger teams, middle of the season, both hungry for the playoffs. Should be a good one.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Jets W
@Titans W
Jags L(Jags steal one in our place)
Raiders W
@Arizona L
@Bengals W
49ers W
@Buffalo L
@Indy L
Titans W(Mario dominates in primetime once again)
Colts W
@Jaguars W(we steal one back in their place)
Seahawks W
@ Rams W
@ Dolphins L
Patriots W(they won't have anything left to play for by this time)

Record:11-5 playoffs baby
Old 04-14-2009   #6
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

You know I'm not flaming.... but you really think you guys will sweep us this year? It could happen, but I think you're setting yourselves up for a let down there.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
You know I'm not flaming.... but you really think you guys will sweep us this year? It could happen, but I think you're setting yourselves up for a let down there.
that was a stir the pot type of prediction for me. I actually see the TEN and JAX games being switched around as alot more reasonable. But either way, it keeps the record the same.
Old 04-14-2009   #8
pappy
Veteran

Rep Power: 3248 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected

We catch both sf and cards after their bye weeks those will be tough however indy is going to be coming from some tough games and so will the titans prior to seeing us . I like the late bye week but dislike those mid season away games .
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #9
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

10-6

Just missing the playoffs.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll post my predictions after the draft.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Another 8-8 season!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #12
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
That @ Arizona loss you have us at. What effect will having Antonio Smith in our midst have, surely he'll be able to help the coaches out a lot in the week beforehand with his insider knowledge of their scheme's etc on Defence?

A little O/T I know but I just got thinking about it.
That could be a factor, good point.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #13
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Jets W
@Titans W
Jags W
Raiders W
@Arizona W
@Bengals W
49ers W
@Buffalo L
@Indy W
Titans W
Colts W
@Jaguars L
Seahawks W
@ Rams W
@ Dolphins L
Patriots W

13-3

I'm sticking with it!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #14
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

16 and 0

Old 04-14-2009   #15
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

My predictions:

Jets W
@Titans L
Jags W
Raiders W
@Arizona L
@Bengals W
49ers W
@Buffalo W
@Indy L
BYE (We're so going to kick the Bye's ass)
Titans W
Colts W
@Jaguars W
Seahawks W
@ Rams W
@ Dolphins L
Patriots L

Record: 11-5

There are a few games mixed in there that could be tougher than they look at first glance. The Bengals game could be a tough one if Palmer is back at 100%, and if he's going to have some WRs to throw to it could be a shootout. The Raiders may end up being a tough game too if we come out flat like we did against them last time.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #16
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Since the schedule has been released....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'll post my predictions after the draft.
Me, too
Old 04-14-2009   #17
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

<----this guy sounds like a broken record...needs new material.

I will say it once again
10-6 until proven otherwise.

please get at least 10 wins so I can Shut up.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #18
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Jets W - good team, but with QB questions and a new coach this early in the season, we roll through them.

@Titans W - they'll have a bit of a let-down this year, but most importantly, we're facing them at home early in the season before injuries have mounted up. Our improving defense shuts down Whine and Dine, and we force Kerry Collins to try and beat us. VY comes in late to try and make something happen and throws a pick six.

Jags W - Jags, in our house = win.

Raiders W - after the loss last year, the team takes this game seriously, especially at home.

@Arizona W - in a statement game, the Texans serve notice that they're for real. Warner and the offense light it up, but AJ proves he's the best WR in football, again.

@Bengals W - No TJH, Chad Johnson being Chad JOhnson, and the Bengals defense being the Bengals defense. It's on the road, so it'll be closer than it should, but the team pulls it out.

49ers W - another home win. Their QB problems are just too much to overcome as our improved defense takes it up a notch.

@Buffalo W - Lee Evans looks up and realizes that Faggins is no longer covering him and has a quiet day. Toronto's offense is not enough to hang with ours, and our defense is good enough to contain the threats they have.

@Indy W - After the Rosencopter game, the Texans know they can take the Colts now, and more importantly, the Colts know it.

Titans W - the home win for the sweep on MNF. The Battle Red Texans strike again.

Colts W - team's rolling now, and the division record is theirs to seal.

@Jaguars W - this ends up being a close game, as the Jags learn from everyone else's game plans, but it's just not quite enough.

Seahawks W - No RB, no longer a feared offensive line, and most importantly, they have to travel to Houston instead of the other way around.

@ Rams W - this one almost seems like a gimme, but Kubiak leans on his team to seal the deal.

@ Dolphins W - We own the Dolphins, and this is a scouting trip for the team's return in February.

Patriots W - this is not the Pats team of old. Brady will be back, and by this point in the season, he'll probably be pretty well recovered, though he still won't be the 50-TD Brady. Still, the team wins in a shootout and knocks the Pats out of the playoffs.

16-0!!

Hey, it's April .....
Old 04-14-2009   #19
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Another 8-8 season!
Kidding?
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #20
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Jets W
@Titans L
Jags W
Raiders W
@Arizona L
@Bengals W
49ers W
@Buffalo L
@Indy L
Titans W
Colts W
@Jaguars L
Seahawks W
@ Rams W
@ Dolphins W
Patriots W

11-5

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read