Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-14-2009   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default [Yahoo Sports] Giants expected to acquire Braylon Edwards

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Quote:
The Browns reportedly asked for a second- and fifth-round pick and receiver Steve Smith, but the Giants declined. New York countered by offering the two draft picks and receiver Domenik Hixon for Edwards.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #2
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Yahoo Sports] Giants expected to acquire Braylon Edwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
I don't that. I like what Steve Smith brings and all, but I think Hixon has a higher ceiling than Smith.

Edwards could potentially turn right back into a stud with a team like NY as well. I'd do this if I were NY.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #3
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess this would remove them as a potential trade back partner?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #4
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't that. I like what Steve Smith brings and all, but I think Hixon has a higher ceiling than Smith.

Edwards could potentially turn right back into a stud with a team like NY as well. I'd do this if I were NY.
I don't know much about either but for a guy like Edwards and 2nd a 5th and a WR don't seem like much. He really did disappear in that hole in Cleveland.

How 'bout that backhanded comment about leaving Eli without a big WR like had with Burress?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #5
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't blame Cleveland at all for ridding themselves of Edwards. The man drops more balls than anyone and quits on routes when he hears footsteps.

Looks like the Browns' new regime have decided to clean house - Between Edwards and Winslow they looked pretty set back in '07....

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I don't know much about either but for a guy like Edwards and 2nd a 5th and a WR don't seem like much. He really did disappear in that hole in Cleveland.

How 'bout that backhanded comment about leaving Eli without a big WR like had with Burress?
Well Edwards was a freaking stud two years ago and made one unbelievable play after another and looked like an ELITE WR for many years. Then last season he dropped on pass after another and many of them were TD's. He had an awful season and contributed to Anderson getting benched. I think he can bounce back though. Maybe not as an ELITE WR, but as a very good one and potentially an elite one. So I don't see that first offer as being that bad at all. They're going to need to replace Burress with somebody and they had better do it now while they can still have a shot at a SB.

Smith is a good slot type of WR and very reliable. He made a lot of very BIG plays in that SB run, but they just weren't long bombs or anything, they more like critical 3rd down conversions. I can see why they don't want to get rid of him, bu if they're getting Edwards, why not?

Over all I think that Hixon has more potential and a higher ceiling than Smith because he is bigger and has more potential for the BIG PLAY, and seems more athletic like he could be a very good #2.

I think the Browns should find a way to get a deal done either way. Trade Smith or Hixon, because either one that they get to keep will still be pretty good in the long run and Edwards will be their starter who is ready to go. I;m not sure how well Eli can be without a really good WR.
Old 04-14-2009   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I don't blame Cleveland at all for ridding themselves of Edwards. The man drops more balls than anyone and quits on routes when he hears footsteps.

Looks like the Browns' new regime have decided to clean house - Between Edwards and Winslow they looked pretty set back in '07....
Well I can't argue one thing about how both of them played last season, but look at how both played the season before. I think it was probably smart to get rid of Winslow because he had so many problems with management, but shopping Edwards is a little to soon in my opinion. They'll have literally nothing at WR once he's gone or unless they get a good one in return. That won't be exactly the best thing to help a young QB like Quinn along if he becomes the starter.
Sponsored links
Old 04-14-2009   #8
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's two commentaries on why if you're a Browns fan, you probably don't care too much about the fact that it looks like he's gonna get traded:

Link 1
Link 2

The following quotes were referenced in the second linked commentary:

Quote:
"I'm not Paul Warfield, Webster Slaughter or Jim Brown. I've given my all to this city for four years, and I realize it will never be enough. I went to the Pro Bowl last year and resurrected this team from the darkness, and nobody cared."
Braylon Edwards "Resurrecting" the Browns brings back memories of Steve Francis "Building" Toyota Center. It's also interesting that he refers to a team that was in the late stages of what turned out to be a 4-12 season as resurrected.

Quote:
But through this, I've learned how to overcome adversity. I'm also proud of how my foundation has taken off. I've been doing all this community service in Cleveland ...my charity efforts will only be in Detroit from now on."
Apparently the way he learned to overcome adveristy was by running away from it.
Old 04-14-2009   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Here's two commentaries on why if you're a Browns fan, you probably don't care too much about the fact that it looks like he's gonna get traded:

Link 1
Link 2

The following quotes were referenced in the second linked commentary:

Braylon Edwards "Resurrecting" the Browns brings back memories of Steve Francis "Building" Toyota Center. It's also interesting that he refers to a team that was in the late stages of what turned out to be a 4-12 season as resurrected.

Apparently the way he learned to overcome adveristy was by running away from it.
Good reference. Yeah, I would want his ass out of there myself if I was a Browns fan. Those comments seemed a little Mcgradyish to me.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read