Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

View Poll Results: How many primetime regular season gfames will we get?
0 - I'm pessimistic 4 8.00%
1 - I'm still pessimistic 20 40.00%
2 - At least we deserve this! 22 44.00%
3-5 - Colts? Who da hell are da Colts?!? 1 2.00%
6-15 - And we'll win em' all! 1 2.00%
16 BABY, BECAUSE MARIO & COMPANY ROCK THE HOUSE! 2 4.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2009   #21
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I think we're getting another MNF game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
My guess for the schedule is:

NY Jets
Indy
Pats
Seahawks
Ten
Oak
San Fran
Jax

but i'm not entering because i will already have tix to the game.
The more I look at that schedule the more I like it. No I'm not saying its easy, but it could be a lot worse including having to travel to the west coast & the PAC NW to play those NFC West games.
My big hope now is that we have more balance in terms of Home-and-away games. In other words we don't want to be on the road for a strech of a solid monthlike last year.
And I'm expecting 2 national games between MNF & SNF.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I for one, hope we do not get a Monday Night game. If we do, I'd have to take off on a Tuesday, which I hate to do. It would be soooooo much better, if we get a Thursday night game, or a Sunday night game, or even a Saturday game.
Old 04-13-2009   #23
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in the MNF camp...would sure love to see us putting a big performance in against one of the top teams in the league on (inter)national television.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #24
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on...no leaks out there? Somebody's gotta know something.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #25
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Since I used to live in Seattle I would love to see a Texans/Seahakws MNF game! Hey I can dream can't I?
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #26
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I for one, hope we do not get a Monday Night game. If we do, I'd have to take off on a Tuesday, which I hate to do. It would be soooooo much better, if we get a Thursday night game, or a Sunday night game, or even a Saturday game.

or you could try a game sober
Old 04-13-2009   #27
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Me too!
Me three.

I just have more time to relax on a Sunday evening. Monday nights I usually go to bed earlier from staying up late on Sunday night.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-13-2009   #28
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I was almost guaranteed that we'd have some inside information on the nfl schedule by now.
Old 04-13-2009   #29
marv800
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 marv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden cover
Default Schedule out tomorrow! How many Primetime games will we get!?!?!?!?!?!?

I can hardly contain myself!

Tomorrow the schedule comes out, and we are going PRIMETIME BABY!!!
marv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #30
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schedule out tomorrow! How many Primetime games will we get!?!?!?!?!?!?

Maybe 1 game....max
Old 04-13-2009   #31
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schedule out tomorrow! How many Primetime games will we get!?!?!?!?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Maybe 1 game....max
I expect 2... one Sunday and one Monday
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #32
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
I'm in the MNF camp...would sure love to see us putting a big performance in against one of the top teams in the league on (inter)national television.
Sunday Night >> Monday Night.

More people can watch Sunday Night since it's on normal TV and not cable. I'm expected two, maybe three. One Sunday Night and Monday night at home, and a Monday game away (maybe).
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #33
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Okay, who voted all 16?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #34
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Sunday Night >> Monday Night.

More people can watch Sunday Night since it's on normal TV and not cable. I'm expected two, maybe three. One Sunday Night and Monday night at home, and a Monday game away (maybe).
Crap, I never realized that MNF wasn't on 'broadcast' television (I assume that some. Does that mean you can only get MNF if you are a satellite/cable package? All games over here (except MNF and the Superbowl) are on subscription only satellite packages, I just figured that all football other than the NFLN were free-to-watch.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #35
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I've heard some leaks from a friend who is a season ticket holder that he heard it was against New England.
Im a season ticket holder...I heard nothing of the sort...
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
or you could try a game sober
It's not that. Last time, I think I got home after midnight, then had to get up and be at work, at 5:30am the next morning. I could probably do it again, but I really don't want to.

Oh yeah, I live in Port Arthur, pretty close to the Texas Louisiana Border.
Old 04-13-2009   #37
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Maybe 1 game....max
Maybe. I don't think Texan fans have a real appreciation for how scarce those primetime slots are.

All 12 playoff teams will get primetime slots. At least 2 each. And teams like the Steelers, Colts, and Giants will get the maximum.

Non-playoff teams like the Cowboys, Patriots, Bears, Packers, Redskins, and Jets will get primetime games. Probably multiple. The Cowboys and Pats will likely get the max.

Then, you arrive at the list of teams that could get one primetime game. The Raiders will get their one and only on opening week. The Broncos have always been a popular MNF team. They'll probably get one. Buffalo will get one because of the circus that is Terrell Owens.

Finally, there are the teams like the Bucs, Saints, Jags, and Texans who are borderline contenders that will likely have good weather late in the season. Some of these teams will get a MNF game. A SNF game? Fogetaboutit.

If the Texans host the Titans, Colts, or Pats in late November/early December, they will have a shot at a MNF game. I would say that one (and only one) MNF game on the schedule is a 50/50 proposition. At best.
Old 04-14-2009   #38
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
The way the past couple years have gone, any team that comes in our house for a Nationally televised game will likely leave feeling *****-slapped.

See 07 Broncos and 08 Jaguars.
HAHAHA yeah i love it both of thoes games were Battle red has well

but now since whats his face said our battle red unis look like giant ketchup bottles i dont like battle red LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #39
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Maybe. I don't think Texan fans have a real appreciation for how scarce those primetime slots are.

All 12 playoff teams will get primetime slots. At least 2 each. And teams like the Steelers, Colts, and Giants will get the maximum.

Non-playoff teams like the Cowboys, Patriots, Bears, Packers, Redskins, and Jets will get primetime games. Probably multiple. The Cowboys and Pats will likely get the max.

Then, you arrive at the list of teams that could get one primetime game. The Raiders will get their one and only on opening week. The Broncos have always been a popular MNF team. They'll probably get one. Buffalo will get one because of the circus that is Terrell Owens.

Finally, there are the teams like the Bucs, Saints, Jags, and Texans who are borderline contenders that will likely have good weather late in the season. Some of these teams will get a MNF game. A SNF game? Fogetaboutit.

If the Texans host the Titans, Colts, or Pats in late November/early December, they will have a shot at a MNF game. I would say that one (and only one) MNF game on the schedule is a 50/50 proposition. At best.

If you include Thanksgiving, Thursday night football, Sunday and Monday night... it's not so bleak... all in all, there are slightly over 100 slots for primetime games. I think one is a foregone conclusion and 2 is rather likely. I just hope at least one of them are at home.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #40
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
If you include Thanksgiving, Thursday night football, Sunday and Monday night... it's not so bleak...
We know the Texans aren't playing on Thanksgiving. And if you want to include the NFL Network games as primetime, then yeah they could get two. If NFLN games are included, there are 84 slots.

But if we don't include the NFL Network games, there are 34 games on SNF and MNF (including the SNF Thursday opener). Last season, 15 teams appeared on SNF. 25 teams played on MNF in '08. If you look at the list I made above, the Texans would make the cut as one of those 25 teams. If fewer than 25 teams are selected, the Texans chances are reduced.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read