Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

View Poll Results: How many primetime regular season gfames will we get?
0 - I'm pessimistic 4 8.00%
1 - I'm still pessimistic 20 40.00%
2 - At least we deserve this! 22 44.00%
3-5 - Colts? Who da hell are da Colts?!? 1 2.00%
6-15 - And we'll win em' all! 1 2.00%
16 BABY, BECAUSE MARIO & COMPANY ROCK THE HOUSE! 2 4.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2009   #1
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15057 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I think we're getting another MNF game

Houstontexans.com just sent out an e-mail stating that if you pick the schedule in the right order you will win MNF tickets. Granted, they could be referencing the pre-season MNF game. But, that would just be a cruel thing to do.

So, watch out for us getting another MNF this season.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #2
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I think we're getting another MNF game

start the speculation....which game do you think it is? ill get the ball rolling with New England.....my second guess would be Colts
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #3
J. Sean Wonton
Veteran

Rep Power: 83 J. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
start the speculation....which game do you think it is? ill get the ball rolling with New England.....my second guess would be Colts
I'm gonna have to go with the Titans.
J. Sean Wonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with, "they're talking about the preseason game".
Old 04-13-2009   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I've heard some leaks from a friend who is a season ticket holder that he heard it was against New England.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

New England! Red, white, and blue night!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #7
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15057 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I'm going with, "they're talking about the preseason game".
That's like winning a car from Porsche only to find out that it's a Boxster.

They wouldn't really offer up preseason tickets as a "prize," would they?
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-13-2009   #8
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans fans, the 2009 regular season schedule will be announced on Tuesday, April 14 at 6 p.m. CT. Here's your chance to guess the order of the Texans' 2009 regular season home schedule for a chance to win tickets to the Texans' Monday Night Football game against the Minnesota Vikings.

http://www.houstontexans.com/fanzone...eChallenge.asp
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #9
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

My guess would be New England. Is the schedule coming out today?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #10
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Texans fans, the 2009 regular season schedule will be announced on Tuesday, April 14 at 6 p.m. CT. Here's your chance to guess the order of the Texans' 2009 regular season home schedule for a chance to win tickets to the Texans' Monday Night Football game against the Minnesota Vikings.

http://www.houstontexans.com/fanzone...eChallenge.asp
hahahaahaha so it is the preseason monday night game. That isn't as cool...
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #11
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew it was going about the preseason game. I didn't say anything earlier.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, I'd rather have a SNF game.
Old 04-13-2009   #13
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

our perfect MNF record could be on the line against N.E. unless Frank Bush has some magic up his sleeve.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #14
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Meh, I'd rather have a SNF game.
Me too!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #15
DoCRoN
Veteran

Section: 608!!
Rep Power: 1328 DoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
My guess would be New England. Is the schedule coming out today?
Schedule release is tomorrow evening (Tuesday 4/14), 6pm.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
Old 04-13-2009   #16
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I've heard some leaks from a friend who is a season ticket holder that he heard it was against New England.
Cues up best Bill Lumbergh voice:

"Yeah, so if you could not have us play New England on Monday night, that'd be great.

Oh, and if you could go ahead and, uh, schedule us against someone else like, I don't know - Jacksonville - ummmmmkay?"

Old 04-13-2009   #17
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

My guess for the schedule is:

NY Jets
Indy
Pats
Seahawks
Ten
Oak
San Fran
Jax

but i'm not entering because i will already have tix to the game.
Old 04-13-2009   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Cues up best Bill Lumbergh voice:

"Yeah, so if you could not have us play New England on Monday night, that'd be great.

Oh, and if you could go ahead and, uh, schedule us against someone else like, I don't know - Jacksonville - ummmmmkay?"

So here's what I'm thinking of the league and the networks if they put us up against New England on MNF.

They know that large market of Houston will be watching after what they experienced with a then, 4-7 team on MNF. So why not get them to play.

But oh Tom Brady is back and well we need someone we..uh...I mean New England can beat. Ah yes Houston!

Well we just might have more suprises for them. Jacksonville in the meantime is hoping we get a game like that so we don't wear Battle Red against them anymore.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #19
rdroppa
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 rdroppa could be on the next Madden coverrdroppa could be on the next Madden coverrdroppa could be on the next Madden coverrdroppa could be on the next Madden coverrdroppa could be on the next Madden coverrdroppa could be on the next Madden cover

Sunday night game this year against Colts is my guess.
rdroppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

The way the past couple years have gone, any team that comes in our house for a Nationally televised game will likely leave feeling *****-slapped.

See 07 Broncos and 08 Jaguars.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read