Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-12-2009   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dan Reeves Says "No Thanks" to "Stretch" and the Girls

To me, this just epitomizes Jerry Jones' need to micromanage and control.

Prospect of long hours a deal-breaker for Dan Reeves and Dallas Cowboys
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #2
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dan Reeves Says "No Thanks" to "Stretch" and the Girls

That's just too weird. I think Jerry changed his mind about hiring Reeves and this was his way of weaseling out of a deal. And why do they need a "consultant"? If Jones isn't happy with Wade, just hire someone else. Why bring in quasi-offensive coordinator?
Too weird.
Do Jerry and Al Davis get their meds from the same doctor?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=ObsiWan;1158763]That's just too weird. I think Jerry changed his mind about hiring Reeves and this was his way of weaseling out of a deal. And why do they need a "consultant"? If Jones isn't happy with Wade, just hire someone else. Why bring in quasi-offensive coordinator?
Too weird.
Do Jerry and Al Davis get their meds from the same doctor?[/QUOTE]

Is that another accusation. Get me a good lawyer.
Old 04-12-2009   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
That's just too weird. I think Jerry changed his mind about hiring Reeves and this was his way of weaseling out of a deal. And why do they need a "consultant"? If Jones isn't happy with Wade, just hire someone else. Why bring in quasi-offensive coordinator?
Too weird.
Do Jerry and Al Davis get their meds from the same doctor?
Is that another accusation. Get me a good lawyer.
Nope it is a question therefore no liability.
Old 04-12-2009   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Nope it is a question therefore no liability.
How much do I owe you, Specnatz?
Old 04-13-2009   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Is there something new here?I'm not being a smart ass but this was old news from months ago about why it didn't work and what happened. What am I missing?Just wondering. As a Boys fan I thought it was a d-bag move on Jerry's part. Especially since Dan was a Cowboy old timer that bled blue.

Again, no offense, I just remember talking about it here and was wondering if I missed new info since that article is a 2 parter on Reeves.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...ghlight=Reeves

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 04-13-2009 at 12:00 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Is there something new here?I'm not being a smart ass but this was old news from months ago about why it didn't work and what happened. What am I missing?Just wondering. As a Boys fan I thought it was a d-bag move on Jerry's part. Especially since Dan was a Cowboy old timer that bled blue.

Again, no offense, I just remember talking about it here and was wondering if I missed new info since that article is a 2 parter on Reeves.

Well it's just another example of what a douche Jerry is in my opinion Frog, but I'm sure that you're not surprised by that. I thought this had to have been pretty old news as well though. Reeves was smart not to get into that situation if you ask me. You know how much I hate the Cowboys, but I also hate to see a guy like Phillips not do so well. He is a class act and a coach that I respect a lot, and I hate to see him working under Jerry.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-13-2009   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, Wade is a very good defensive coach, but a good head coach he isn't. He's too much of a nice guy.
Old 04-13-2009   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post

This IS old news..what from 2 months ago?

I see both sides...Jerry would be paying alot so I guess he felt that he could dictate the hours but ya know Coach Reeves would have given 100% I am sure to the job without being told he had to work x amount of hours.

Oh well. Just didn't work out.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well it's just another example of what a douche Jerry is in my opinion Frog, but I'm sure that you're not surprised by that. I thought this had to have been pretty old news as well though. Reeves was smart not to get into that situation if you ask me. You know how much I hate the Cowboys, but I also hate to see a guy like Phillips not do so well. He is a class act and a coach that I respect a lot, and I hate to see him working under Jerry.
From what I recall, Reeves was supposed to work in the same function he did with us, prior to the 2006 season. To help the owner know when something doesn't look right. I think it was a humbling move by JJ, but obviously, he had a change of heart, and wasn't going to pay Reeves to sit & play GM, when Jones is the GM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read