Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-11-2009   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default To TexansChick et. al.

I don't believe that this has been reported, but TexansChick's blog on OTAs was cited and linked on PFT this morning. This illustrates the positive contributions that fans make to the NFL information highway. TexansChick very deservedly has received acknowledgment for her valuable ongoing efforts. Others may make their "donations" that more subtly enter into this "highway." Additionally, the people that have created and that keep this Board running are "unsung heros." But it's everyone's contributions, no matter how small, that makes the "whole" experience worthwhile for all of us. I say congratulations TexansChick, and to all of the rest of you.........take a bow.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: To TexansChick et. al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I don't believe that this has been reported, but TexansChick's blog on OTAs was cited and linked on PFT this morning. This illustrates the positive contributions that fans make to the NFL information highway. TexansChick very deservedly has received acknowledgment for her valuable ongoing efforts. Others may make their "donations" that more subtly enter into this "highway." Additionally, the people that have created and that keep this Board running are "unsung heros." But it's everyone's contributions, no matter how small, that makes the "whole" experience worthwhile for all of us. I say congratulations TexansChick, and to all of the rest of you.........take a bow.
We have a great group here of dedicated/addicted fans and I get warm fuzzies when I try to imagine what'll happen if we win a super bowl .
Old 04-11-2009   #3
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 223239 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well said!
You speak for most of us who know these things but don't slow down and take the time to say them often enough.
take a bow yourself
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

It's getting more and more obvious how useless the sports page is in this town. When they report something, chances are that we already know it.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #5
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Best board I've seen.

Congrats TC
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #6
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
We have a great group here of dedicated/addicted fans and I get warm fuzzies when I try to imagine what'll happen if we win a super bowl .
Group hug and a moment of silence (no typing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #7
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I second that!

THANKS TC!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-11-2009   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Every team has a great group of addicted and dedicated fans but we as fans must remember that there is only have one Texans_Chick in all of football. I'm so proud that she's a member of our very own Texan nation.

I notice the little things that she does such as transcripting videos that are in her blogs and so forth. I notice them immensely. I wanted to say that much. It's appreciated and she just makes me proud to be here. Prouder to be a Texan fan by making up for the shortcomings from other aspects. I sure am glad she's around and am so happy that she's being recognized. It's well deserved. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Texans_Chick... Your next stop should be a regular gig on ESPN...

Thank you, Steph.
Old 04-11-2009   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Best board I've seen.

Congrats TC
I agree, I glad to be a part of this community. Great Job TC, AJ, Diehard Chris....all the peeps out there writing blogs to pass on all the little nuggets that you can't find anywhere else.
Old 04-11-2009   #10
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I slide onto the board everyday to see what you guys are talking about. People think I'm a texan expert but I'm just relaying the thoughts of those on this board. Being in the austin area this is all I have to keep up with the texans. I don't post much because all you guys take the words out my mouth. I love the humor on this board as well. I thank everyone and texanschick
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #11
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I agree, I glad to be a part of this community. Great Job TC, AJ, Diehard Chris....all the peeps out there writing blogs to pass on all the little nuggets that you can't find anywhere else.
I didn't mean to exclude anyone. I misunderstood. I thought this thread was about TC and her work being linked within major news sources. I think we all do a great job for the most part. Props to the fellows you mentioned as well as others.
Old 04-11-2009   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Where's the blush emoticon?

Thank you for the kind words and the headsup on the PFT thingy. I am so happy that there are Texans communities out there--whether it is in the tailgates, message boards, blogs, Im a Texan, etc. I love that there are so many more ways that the world at large can learn about the team versus the early years of the franchise.

I am particularly proud of this community because it was formed through kindness and fans working together. The kindness of the people who already had this domain and believed in it. The kindness of people who added into it. And the kindness of the Texans to allow us to import our history and community here, instead of just shutting it down without listening to us, like it was done over at Bud's world. The kindness of people who hit that donation button and share its cost. (when the offseason slows down, I am going to write about our history because I think it is kinda cool).

Texan fans are among the most generous people I've ever come across, and I am proud to be one of them.

When the Texans are finally the team we envision them to be, you will know that you were a part from the beginning. And you will appreciate it so much because you know how hard it was.

Y'all rock. GO TEXANS!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2009   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

Thank you for the kind words and the headsup on the PFT thingy. I am so happy that there are Texans communities out there--whether it is in the tailgates, message boards, blogs, Im a Texan, etc. I love that there are so many more ways that the world at large can learn about the team versus the early years of the franchise.

I am particularly proud of this community because it was formed through kindness and fans working together. The kindness of the people who already had this domain and believed in it. The kindness of people who added into it. And the kindness of the Texans to allow us to import our history and community here, instead of just shutting it down without listening to us, like it was done over at Bud's world. The kindness of people who hit that donation button and share its cost. (when the offseason slows down, I am going to write about our history because I think it is kinda cool).

Texan fans are among the most generous people I've ever come across, and I am proud to be one of them.

When the Texans are finally the team we envision them to be, you will know that you were a part from the beginning. And you will appreciate it so much because you know how hard it was.

We don't need no stinkin Justice round these parts nor do we need badges .
Old 04-11-2009   #14
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Stephanie I could not have said it any better than Cloak did. I always come to this site to get news of any field. wether it be Texans Football, (where I know I get the latest and probably have to wait a day or two for the chronic.) Or it is the News in general being Wolf and Axman and everyone else who contributes to us getting the latest from the wire.

Texan Chick you will fore ever be my primary Texans news anchor, Hopefully on 55 or even 13. Good Luck and God Speed to you TC.
Old 04-11-2009   #15
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We have a great group here of dedicated/addicted fans and I get warm fuzzies when I try to imagine what'll happen WHEN we win a super bowl .
Fixed it for you!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #16
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Every team has a great group of addicted and dedicated fans but we as fans must remember that there is only have one Texans_Chick in all of football. I'm so proud that she's a member of our very own Texan nation.

I notice the little things that she does such as transcripting videos that are in her blogs and so forth. I notice them immensely. I wanted to say that much. It's appreciated and she just makes me proud to be here. Prouder to be a Texan fan by making up for the shortcomings from other aspects. I sure am glad she's around and am so happy that she's being recognized. It's well deserved. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Texans_Chick... Your next stop should be a regular gig on ESPN...

Thank you, Steph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
I slide onto the board everyday to see what you guys are talking about. People think I'm a texan expert but I'm just relaying the thoughts of those on this board. Being in the austin area this is all I have to keep up with the texans. I don't post much because all you guys take the words out my mouth. I love the humor on this board as well. I thank everyone and texanschick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

Quote:

We don't need no stinkin Justice round these parts nor do we need badges .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Stephanie I could not have said it any better than Cloak did. I always come to this site to get news of any field. wether it be Texans Football, (where I know I get the latest and probably have to wait a day or two for the chronic.) Or it is the News in general being Wolf and Axman and everyone else who contributes to us getting the latest from the wire.

Texan Chick you will fore ever be my primary Texans news anchor, Hopefully on 55 or even 13. Good Luck and God Speed to you TC.

All QFT!

This is my first stop when I get on the internet because this message board is my news feed. I would feel disconnected from the Texans without this board. Thanks to everyone that makes this place special.

It's also cool that LZ has become a part of this community.

The NFL draft is in 2 weeks!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
I could have quoted any of these posts on this thread, all so true. ATX summed it up for me pretty well in that I come here for the collective knowledge of the Texans the come here and enrich this board. I do baseball to the point that I need you guys input to keep me up to speed. Applause all around.

TC, fan-damn-tastic! Well done as always. To borrow a saying from Bum, you're going going to kick that sumbitch in very soon. Great stuff.
Old 04-12-2009   #18
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, you know who can't be too happy about this.

CONGRATS TC!!!

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #19
1Texan
Rookie

SS-you are a great resource to those in the Texans community. Great work. Now if we could get you doing what Megan Manfull was supposed to be doing...let´s get you inside.
I heard Richard Justice was wanting to talk to you about finding out what his next blog should be about. You don´t need to give him any tips. He´ll claim them as his own. Just feel the wind beneath your wings, you´ll go where you want to. Best wishes.
1Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #20
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Smile Re: To TexansChick et. al.

[quote=Brando;1158493]All QFT!

This is my first stop when I get on the internet because this message board is my news feed. I would feel disconnected from the Texans without this board. Thanks to everyone that makes this place special.

It's also cool that LZ has become a part of this community.

This thread makes me so proud to be a texans fan And to think I used to wait until the papers would come out up here

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read