Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-11-2009   #1
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92342 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default LZ Texans defensive draft board

CHRONICLE LINK

Heres the first round

First Round

DE

DT
B.J. Raji (Boston College)
Peria Jerry (Ole Miss)

LB
Aaron Curry (Wake Forest)
Clay Matthews (USC) *
Brian Cushing (USC) *
Rey Maualuga (USC)

CB
Darius Butler (UConn), *

Safety
Malcolm Jenkins (CB/FS-Ohio State) *

Last edited by mussop; 04-11-2009 at 02:24 AM.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #2
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ Texans defensive draft board

Thanks for the link. I missed it this morning.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #3
InterestedJeff
Rookie

Rep Power: 7 InterestedJeff is on the Pro-Bowl ballotInterestedJeff is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I'm suprised that he doesnt have Michael Johnson out of GT tagged as a player we're interested in. I feel that if he's available in the late 2nd/3rd he'd be a nice player to add to the fold.
InterestedJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #4
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterestedJeff View Post
I'm suprised that he doesnt have Michael Johnson out of GT tagged as a player we're interested in. I feel that if he's available in the late 2nd/3rd he'd be a nice player to add to the fold.
I don't think his stock has fallen that much has it? I think it would be mentally retarded of us if we passed on him in the 2nd just because of his intangibles.
Old 04-11-2009   #5
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Not only is LZ football smart but he is well connected. I agree with his first round board except for Jenkins and Jerry. I'm not impressed with Jenkins and his 40 time doesn't help either. As for Jerry I think the Texans already have too much money tied up in the DL to pick him with the 15th pick. I hope we go LB if we stay at 15. But do not rule out OL. The Texans have signed a DE, DT, 2 LB's in free agency. I believe 2 or maybe 3 of our 8 picks will be offense. We still need depth on the OL and everybody knows we need another RB. A blocking TE to replace Bruener might be an option also.

If we manage to trade back in the 1st then any position beside QB, K and P would be fair game. It would be nice to aquire some extra picks. I'm still pimping Alex Mack. I think he would add quality depth this year and be great insurance if somebody on the interior line goes down. He would have a chance to learn under Gibbs in what is probably his last year.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #6
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Good call on Otis Wiley. I really think Otis Wiley could be a great pickup in the later rounds as a safety. He can tackle and hit hard, something the Texans could use.
Old 04-11-2009   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterestedJeff View Post
Surprise !
Old 04-11-2009   #8
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25491 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Where's his Offensive Draft Board or has it been posted yet? Michael Johnson will most likely go in the 1st round and I don't agree with several of his other players listed but that's just a difference of opinion and he's better connected than I am. Of those listed in the 1st round, I'd take Darius Butler. We don't need another DT, don't need a FS this high, Curry will be gone by 15, and I don't really care for any of the USC LB's. Butler would give us really good man coverage, very good speed, and leverage when dealing with Dunta's contract negotiations. I'm increasingly getting the feeling that he won't be here in 2010.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Where's his Offensive Draft Board or has it been posted yet?
Yes. He's posted it. Just look through his blog entries. It's probably the previous one.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #10
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

The offensive board is posted here.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read