Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-10-2009   #1
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Warren Sapp's favorite current player in the NFL

http://chat.nfl.com/front/archived_chat/196

When asked who is his favorite current player in the NFL, this is what Warren Sapp had to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Sapp
Andre Johnson. If I was paying money to go see someone play, it would be him.

If you have any questions about how good Andrew Johnson is, check fourth-and-10 against the Dolphins. Whooooo! You gotta see that play. I've been watching football a loooong time. It was fourth-and-10! He stepped up and grabbed the ball from between two DBs. Plus, he's a kid from The U, too.

A safe bet to pick the Florida boy.
It's just the little things like that, and the deserved respect our Texans playmakers are starting to get that puts a smile on my face!
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #2
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Warren Sapp's favorite current player in the NFL

NIce find man.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw him talking up AJ on the NFLnetwork a few weeks ago....they are both from Miami U.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

You mean there are people who don't list Andre Johnson as their favorite current player in the NFL?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
You mean there are people who don't list Andre Johnson as their favorite current player in the NFL?
i'm with this guy
Old 04-10-2009   #6
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
As a Texan fan this is obviously hard to believe, but go to other places around the U.S., and you'd be surprised.
Old 04-10-2009   #7
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Also on the question who he likes better AJ or Larry Fitzgerald:

Quote:
Warren Sapp, NFL Network
Andre Johnson. Look at the numbers. Don't get excited, because the playoffs are a unique vehicle ... they put you in every living room across the country when nothing else is on. Andre Johnson has not yet had the opportunity with the Texans. People will see what I've seen all along.

I've seen Jerry Rice in every way possible ... and Andre Jonson? MY GOODNESS. Let's see what happens. Whoooo. This kid has it all.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-10-2009   #8
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 116198 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
As a Texan fan this is obviously hard to believe, but go to other places around the U.S., and you'd be surprised.
There are other places besides Texas?!?
Old 04-10-2009   #9
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post
Also on the question who he likes better AJ or Larry Fitzgerald:
Thanks for catching that! After the first question on Andre Johnson, I stopped reading the rest to start this thread... lol!
Old 04-10-2009   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
There are other places besides Texas?!?
Link?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #11
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the play that Sapp is referencing.

@ 2:32
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b94c4a

ah, screw it. Watch the whole video, I'm sure you'll all like the ending!
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at that game. The stadium was at best half full, but it was the loudest it was all game when Schaub ran it in.

The Texans are undefeated when I'm in the crowd, in case anyone is superstitious and has extra tickets.
Old 04-10-2009   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I was at that game. The stadium was at best half full, but it was the loudest it was all game when Schaub ran it in.

The Texans are undefeated when I'm in the crowd, in case anyone is superstitious and has extra tickets.
I was at the game too and the stadium was much more than half full. It wasn't full but it was nowhere near half capacity.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

In the final seconds? From my point of view, it was as empty as I'd ever seen Reliant.
Old 04-10-2009   #15
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

another nice comment from the same chat:

House, Baltimore
02:31 PM ET
Godfather or Scarface? Who in your opinion, in the league today, would be a nightmare to face at game time?
Warren_sapp_40x55
Warren Sapp, NFL Network
Scarface. Fly Pelican fly! Look at the Pelican fly!

Wow. Peyton Manning on offense. I like Mario Williams. I really like him. I really like how he rushes from both sides, and you just can't find that combinatino of size and speed in one package. That's a young, powerful young man with a whole franchise around him. They just need a few pieces around him. I love him.

And I love Albert Haynesworth, too, when he's healthy.
Old 04-10-2009   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I was at the game too and the stadium was much more than half full. It wasn't full but it was nowhere near half capacity.
Seven rows from the field and I thought my ears were bleeding it was so loud.

One of my favorite quotes about that catch is from Bill Barnwell, the managing editor of Football Outsiders:

Quote:
We wish we could pull off the mind-meld that allowed Matt Schaub's fourth-down prayer to go through a Dolphins' player's hands and into Johnson's last week. Imagine for a second, though, if Johnson could catch the ball without having to worry about using his technology to knock a pair of hands out of the way? That would be what it should be like this week against the Lions. It's kind of like Superman fighting Lex Luthor and then, a week later, he's buying groceries and someone holds up the liquor store next door with a plunger.
Old 04-10-2009   #17
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In the final seconds? From my point of view, it was as empty as I'd ever seen Reliant.
i'll vouch for that. i was there, and i'll admit i was on my way out of the stadium, but i caught the play on one of the screens... the noise must've been at least partially piped in.
Old 04-10-2009   #18
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the clip Michaelm! Made my old ticker speed up a little! I can hardly wait for this season to get here!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

It was our first win of the year on a do or die play and everyone was probably hot. I wouldn't bet on the sound being artificial.
Old 04-10-2009   #20
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Quote:
It was our first win of the year on a do or die play and everyone was probably hot. I wouldn't bet on the sound being artificial.
man... maybe its just me, but it seems like they pipe in noise pretty often in that place. you can just tell piped in noise from the real thing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read