Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-20-2005   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Packers: No talks with Franks yet

LINK

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Thursday, January 20, 2005

News
Packers' officials have yet to meet with free agent tight end Bubba Franks. "There haven't been any talks really," Franks told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel recently. "And I don't know what's going to happen." Franks also made it clear that he was not happy with his role in the Packers' offense. "It was nice to see the ball a little bit," Franks said of the playoff loss to the Vikings. "It just makes you wonder where those passes were the last five years." Franks finished the season with 34 receptions for 361 yards and seven scores.
Old 01-20-2005   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds kinda selfish to me...

I realize every receiver/tight end wants the ball thrown their way more, but would we be able to accomodate that here?
Old 01-20-2005   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

34 receptions? I doubt we would be able to accomodate that here. Honestly.. for a TE.. 34 doesnt sound too bad.. unless he wants to be a cornerstone of the offense.. in which case he better go to Chicago or Cleveland or San Fran.. cause they are the only guys that would make Franks a cornerstone.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005   #4
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Question

So, no one in here thinks that he would fix the void at TE that we obviously have

I mean the guy can catch and block pretty decent and thats something we clearly don't have on this team IMO

I definitely think that his addition would benefit David Carr and Andre Johnson the most because I believe he can bring a dependable presence in the middle of the field which is something we don't have IMO.

Just my
LikeABoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005   #5
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 711 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

If we had a complete TE they would get 34+ receptions. Even 50+. Carr looks for a dump down so often that I'd rather Franks or Joppru (hopefully) to get those passes moreso than Davis.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005   #6
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
If we had a complete TE they would get 34+ receptions. Even 50+. Carr looks for a dump down so often that I'd rather Franks or Joppru (hopefully) to get those passes moreso than Davis.
I would much rather that also, but I'm honestly not sure if Carr would look to the TE instead of Davis...

Either way, we should make a run at Franks unless we intend on drafting Heath Miller...

Joppru and Miller or Franks would be awesome...
Old 01-23-2005   #7
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Franks or Crumpler would be GREAT. However, I very much doubt either will be available, because they are too important to their teams offense and they won't be letting them get away. Just because they aren't currently talking doesn't mean much at this time of year. It would be great to have one of them though.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-23-2005   #8
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 711 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I think Crumpler already got an extension.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read