Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-10-2009   #1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Top 5 Players - Character Concerns

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...wwhi040909.htm

PFW polled five high-level league executives, asking them to rank five players with suspect track records (listed alphabetically) Texas Tech WR Michael Crabtree, Illinois CB Vontae Davis, Florida WR Percy Harvin, USC ILB Rey Maualuga and Boston College DT B.J. Raji in the order in which character is most likely to be a negative factor in the pros. All participants were granted anonymity in exchange for honesty.

---

interesting read.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top 5 Players - Character Concerns

I've heard similar concerns about Davis and Harvin in multiple places.

Travis Beckum may be another guy to look out for. His attitude seems to be similar to Vernon Davis'.

I've never heard anything about Oher having character issues.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't think Crabtree would fall but if he is a jerk to the trainers at school he will be a jerk to the staff when he has millions....donno if I'd want him on my team if he is a malcontent. For some reason WR's are the NFL's diva position and while guys like TO really can help a team they can also break one down.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I didn't think Crabtree would fall but if he is a jerk to the trainers at school he will be a jerk to the staff when he has millions....donno if I'd want him on my team if he is a malcontent. For some reason WR's are the NFL's diva position and while guys like TO really can help a team they can also break one down.
In my experience, most WR's tend to think they are more important than they really are.

All they are asked to do is catch a ball and if they do it well enough, they aren't even asked to block.

Only the elite WR's in the NFL are not easily replaceable. All the others are.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I am hoping Raji does an Okoye and tumbles right to us.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read