Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-09-2009   #21
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What is your main concern this season?

that this new attacking defensive scheme wont have major results and that because if this new attacking mentality, we'll get mauled in the run game too
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #22
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak continuing to coach games like an overzealous offensive coordinator and his awful in-game strategy. I think the defense needs to be at least mediocre as well...that's to be seen.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #23
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

A slow start. You cannot make the playoffs in the first month, but you can dig yourself into a very deep hole. We need to get off to a good start from game 1. We need to play hard on both sides of the ball, keep the turnovers down, and win the early games in the schedule.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #24
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got several concerns for the Texans in this upcoming year.
1. I think we'll be relying on at least 3 rookies on opening day at SLB, SS, OG, and possibly CB as well. My concern is that Kubiak and Smith don't "F" up this draft by selecting players out of positions, small schools, project players, and by reaching excessively. My 1st concern is that they do a good job with solid players in this draft.
2. Turnovers, Turnovers, Turnovers.
3. Injuries, one or 2 key injuries and this team is done for the year. We don't have enough quality and quantity of good players.
4. Players stepping up bigtime. TJ, Okoye, Brown, Reeves, Bennett, Robinson, Okam, Myers, Brisiel, Barber, Wilson and Molden. All of these players need to step up bigtime.
5. Slow start, a slow start to the season is a killer. A quick start to the season builds momentum and momentum can carry you a long ways.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #25
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Defensive performance and injuries on both sides. Also the pass rush, but that kind of goes with defensive performance.
Old 04-09-2009   #26
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

injuries always worry me, but in particular for this year it's whether or not the defense improves.

Last years offense could have squeaked us into the playoffs if the defense would have played better. I expect the offense to be better this year, which to me, means it's still up to our defense as to if we see any playoff action.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #27
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Schaub gettin injured and our starting QB is Dan Orlovsky......

Texan fan will be praying for the rosencopter or hwwnbn
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-09-2009   #28
CTWade
Quack Attack

Rep Power: 14 CTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden cover

I'm worried about how well the new coaches will work out. I hope it doesn't take too long for them to get their systems up and running and I hope it doesn't too long for the players to master it. I don't want to hear "Yeah, well, they're still learning it" a few years down the road to excuse poor performance.

I also a bit worried at how well the Texans will be able to retain talent. Demeco, Dunta, Owens... I hope their grumblings are just a sign that Smith is doing his job.
CTWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #29
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Run defense. Period. End. Of. Sent. Ence.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #30
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Turnovers .....
Precisely.
Give away fewer. Far fewer.
Take away more.

OBTW, this was my concern last season too.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 04-09-2009 at 07:55 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #31
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Main concern? Matt Schaub avoiding injury. If he goes down, ouch!! That could mean bad season and then possibly looking at a whole new QB for '10.
Old 04-09-2009   #32
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Development. Everyone has to be more than they were last year. Amobi, the rookies, Kubiak, Rick Smith, the

More getting loud on 3rd downs!!!!!!!!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #33
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

can we make the playoffs .....

and if we do make the playoffs we better make the most of it and make it to the superbowl ....

yeah i said it this year is Superbowl or BUST !!!!!!!!!!!! .... :I
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #34
superdave532
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 superdave532 was voted MVPsuperdave532 was voted MVPsuperdave532 was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
The many bandwagon fans that will be trying to get on board saying this has been their team all along when we put together our best season in Franchise History.
Haha, I can't wait til that becomes our problem. We'll have to be fighting them off with sticks. Them, and all of the "We Want Sage" people will come back out of the wood work if we lose one of our first two games.

Actually, if I remember right, Schaub kind've ran the ball down the Dolphin's throats after the fans started doing that... maybe we should get a group of board members that go to games to start some "Sage" chants to fire him up :-P
superdave532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #35
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Consistency. All the best teams in the league are consistent from week 1 to week 17...and into the playoffs cause that is where consistency gets you.

Last season we had SHORT stretches where we were consistent.. but since our inception consistency has been our biggest problem. If we can play at a consistently high level this year, we will make the playoffs. If we dont..we MAY eke into them but it will be hard.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #36
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Injuries to our star players. (Schaub, A. Johnson, Ryans, Williams, Daniels, etc.)
2. Turnovers.
3. Red zone efficiency.
4. Production on defense. (Do not allow more than 21pts./game)
5. Losing the close games.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #37
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
Matt Schaub gettin injured and our starting QB is Dan Orlovsky......

Texan fan will be praying for the rosencopter or hwwnbn
I have an open mind.

Orlovsky's stats were very similar to Matt Schaub's stats before he came to the Texans. And Orlovsky was playing with a garbage 0-16 team.

Some people might wish for the Rosencopter as Orlovsky learns the offense, (and maybe if Sage does well with a running game and a really good defense) but no one, no one at all will pray for hwwnbn.
Old 04-10-2009   #38
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

No one mentioned Jacoby Jones or special teams. I am sorta of surprised as this may be Jones last shot to keep a job.
Old 04-10-2009   #39
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

My main concern is injuries. If Slaton goes down, we are in big trouble. If Mario goes down we are in big trouble. Then injuries to Schaub, AJ, DeMeco eveb D-Rob will hurt us a fair bit. Too many of our seasons have been marred by big injuries.

Only other real worry is that the D stays the same as last year, and we're sitting here this time next year, still hoping for the big defensive draft we need this year.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #40
rdroppa
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 rdroppa could be on the next Madden coverrdroppa could be on the next Madden coverrdroppa could be on the next Madden coverrdroppa could be on the next Madden coverrdroppa could be on the next Madden coverrdroppa could be on the next Madden cover

Still say that we aren't gonna get it done with little depth at running back. One hit and Moats is our starter. That isn't going to get it done.
rdroppa is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read