Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-09-2009   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What is your main concern this season?

Injuries? Player response to new coaches or schemes? Players taking next step up such as Okoye or TJ or LT Brown? Players coming off injuries such as Molden? What about team not getting the player (s) in the draft you wanted? Even though draft is still days away, voice your concern if you just know Schaub is going to miss games and Captain O. will not be the guy we need at QB and we could have drafted a a quarterback.

Should we have spent the big bucks and gone after a high profile free agent? Will Kubes be better at time management and whipping out the red flag? Are you concerned about Shannahan being THE play caller for 16 games?
Old 04-09-2009   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What is your main concern this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Injuries? Player response to new coaches or schemes? Players taking next step up such as Okoye or TJ or LT Brown? Players coming off injuries such as Molden? What about team not getting the player (s) in the draft you wanted? Even though draft is still days away, voice your concern if you just know Schaub is going to miss games and Captain O. will not be the guy we need at QB and we could have drafted a a quarterback.

Should we have spent the big bucks and gone after a high profile free agent? Will Kubes be better at time management and whipping out the red flag? Are you concerned about Shannahan being THE play caller for 16 games?

I'm worried about Okoye and Brown stepping up. Those are my biggest concerns.

I'd like for Schaub to play a full season, that's probably my second biggest concern. But I think Orlovsky will actually flourish in this offense.

I don't want and didn't want a big money FA. I think Shanahan calling the plays full time will be good and I think that will allow Kubes to do his job better.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #3
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm worried about facing the 3-4 teams in the AFC East and them absolutely man-handling Myers and then the possible injuries to Schaubby.

Oh, and our new defense being all talk instead of actually being agressive.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm worried about the OL's progression and their ability to stay healthy for 16 more games. If one guy gets injured, I'm not liking the results in the W/L column.

I'm interested in Schaub's maturation from last season to this season. Will he protect the ball more than he has in the past?

I'm interested in the defense's ability to create pressure. I assume it's going to be better but I hope it's not just better but VERY good.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Turnovers .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #6
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Turnovers .....
On both sides of the ball.

Biggest worry drafting a viable option at RB in case Slaton goes down. I'd like to see us address the interior of the OL and get upgrades if possible and definitely add depth.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #7
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9714 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Turnovers .....
What he said! I'd like to add how the defense shapes up and red zone offense, not necessarily in that order.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-09-2009   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

What, me worry?

My concerns regard our defense and if this unit will improve.
Old 04-09-2009   #9
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm most concerned about our team's ability to get to the quarterback next season, in my mind it's the biggest obstacle between us and the playoffs. I'm not sold on an improved Okoye and Antonio Smith making enough of a difference next season.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #10
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

The secondary. We need a saftey.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #11
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm concerned about the overvaluing of our offensive production last year and the consequent inattention to it.

Our defense was bad, and our offense put up some yards. But, I don't think that justifies minimizing or ignoring obvious needs on the offensive side of the ball. Spinning that into my main concern of this season; my main concern is that our offense will regress because its depth was not addressed.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Defense.

I think the offense is on the right track and will play better with another year working with Gibbs and getting more depth. I've seen improvement each year and more to come.

I'm wait and see on defense.
Old 04-09-2009   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post

I second that!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #14
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Defense.

I think the offense is on the right track and will play better with another year working with Gibbs and getting more depth. I've seen improvement each year and more to come.

Very much wait and see. As am I. I haven't watched the Chicago game yet but I know our red zone offense performed better. It is still a concern for me though. I think it's the nature of the ZBS. Smaller guys getting pinched in the red zone. We have to scheme around it. Did Shanahan do a better job of this or was it one game with other forces at play?

Defense is obviously the biggest most glaring concern for everyone. But our red zone offense has got to improve. We would have won 2-4 more games with better red zone production. DESPITE our lousy defense.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #15
Dapper
Veteran

Rep Power: 33 Dapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
I second this.
I will say this also until someone listens:

WE NEED SOMEONE IN THE SECONDARY TO INSTILL FEAR IN OUR OPPONENTS!!

We need a identity with that player as the centerpiece ala Bob Sanders or Ronnie Lott that will clean clocks every chance they get and like it! Come over the middle and you will get de-capped or have a hole punched thru your chest.

Who will that be and when will we get him?
Old 04-09-2009   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

My main concern is whether I can stand the euphoria of watching the boys in the play-offs for the first time in the Texans' history!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #17
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56461 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Defense.

I'm excited about the defense. I know it's going to be better. I'm worried about the depth at RB and at C/G. I'm worst fear is seeing CPitts or Briesel laying on the ground and then, as he's carted off, seeing Kasey Studdard role his way into the huddle. UGGH!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #18
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

the defense. i've read articles that have me terrified that Bush's D will revert back to a lot of Smiths ideas. not to mention that im scared that Okoye won't step up but that takes a back seat as i believe we have good depth behind him with Robinson Okam and now Cody.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Put me in the Defense is my main concern team.

We have one decent to good player at each level of the defense, after those three, we've got nothing.
Old 04-09-2009   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

The many bandwagon fans that will be trying to get on board saying this has been their team all along when we put together our best season in Franchise History.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read