Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-31-2005   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default How many of you...

Didn't know who the hell a Jason Babin was when we made that trade and took him @ 27 last year? Just thought I'd ask,cuz I know I didn't.

Glad I know him now!
Old 01-31-2005   #2
Dime
Hall of Fame

I had no clue
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew very little about him. I was more focused on other players.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't know he existed.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #5
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I didn't really know much about him other than the fact he was mentioned in passing in the ESPN chatter about the draft.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 150814 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Sunday before the draft I think John McClain wrote about Babins stock rising after he ran 4.6 at the combine. He was coming out of nowhere to create a buzz.
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #7
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I was pretty much clueless about him. Just goes to show how much more prospect study the scouts/casserly does compared to our Kiper/draft "expert" regurgitation.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-31-2005   #8
texansfan88
All Pro

I had him going 32nd overall to the Patriots the whole way. But of course, I had to know who he was cuz of my occupation
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 150814 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Occupation are you a tattoo artist ?
Old 01-31-2005   #10
TexansCanes
All Pro

i only about him from ncaa football 2004, the was a beast. i started to read up about him more after mal talked about him on a draft preview show and i saw a profile of him in my draft magazine.
Old 01-31-2005   #11
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

I had him pegged as a 2nd - 3rd round draft pick with the likes of travis laboy, Bo Schobel, and Isaac Hilton, amongst other tweener DE switched to 3-4 OLBs. Personally, i liked Hilton pre-draft, the jurys still out on him.

I still feel that though babin should be a solid linebacker for most of his career, he does not posess the mind blowing talent to become the game-changing player needed to justify trading the majority of our draft for. Especially when we still lack the depth (OL/DL) that those additional picks might have filled.
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #12
Panther5407
All Pro

I didn't even know of a Western Michagan. Glad the Texans did though.
Old 01-31-2005   #13
astrofan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
Occupation are you a tattoo artist ?
no, I think he interviews bad@$$es for at least one website

here's one from nfldraftblitz
astrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexVanderpool
he does not posess the mind blowing talent to become the game-changing player needed to justify trading the majority of our draft for. Especially when we still lack the depth (OL/DL) that those additional picks might have filled.
When a team trades for the 27th overall draft pick do they really expect "mind blowing talent", or do they expect a legitamate starter for one of the 22 starting positions? Wouldn't you trade up into the top 10 or so if you wanted a "mind blowingly" talented football player?

We had 6 rookies make the squad. How did we trade away the majority of our draft? Most of you guys have an impossible standard for Babin, and this pick. He had a year that was on par with other playoff quality 3-4 LOLB's, and we ended up with three starters with 6 overall drafted players making the team from the same draft. We didn't give up a single future pick either.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #15
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I knew he existed because the day before the draft I saw some video on him from ESPN Motion Draft Profiles...

When we traded up I thought we were going after Karlos Dansby...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #16
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

About 2 or 3 days before the draft, Kiper was on Sportscenter discussing players whose stock was rising and, sure enough, Babin was one of them...
Old 01-31-2005   #17
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew a little about him. By draft time, most mocks had him going to either the Rams or Titans in the first round.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #18
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrofan
no, I think he interviews bad@$$es for at least one website

here's one from nfldraftblitz
I do interviews and scout the draft basically 363 days a year...so I know my stuff a "Little" bit
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #19
tiger06
Veteran

I knew he was a DE for W. Michigan and knew he was pretty good. (I play NCAA Football on Xbox)
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

How did you get that job . Thats just not right . I'm 6 ft 2 in and 235 run a 4.6 30 yd . I'd like to be the second string punter . If you got connections .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read