Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-10-2009   #41
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ryans and Texans in negotiation phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Am I the only who gets the feeling that DeMeco is going to end up like AJ? Signing a long term extension that is cap friendly? Just get him and OD signed.

Far as Dunta is concerned, I don't think it's a hunch when you balk at 23 Million. He wants out and that's fine. I'm preprared for the Texans w/o him. If Jenkins falls to 15 and we run to the podium with the pick it would not suprise me to see Dunta on the trade block while his value is the highest.
If Dunta is traded I hope it is just after we get Jenkins as I think DR is worth a late first or early second. I am so high on our CBs this year that IF we got Jenkins and a 1st or decent 2nd for DR, we could just be better off especially without DR's $10 million. I do like his leadership, but Reeves, Molden, Bennett and Jenkins plus another 2nd?
Old 04-10-2009   #42
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I think $42 million is steep. Don't care which LB it is.

DeMeco is getting a lot of hype here, and I have to wonder if it's because he's on a quasi-good team (ours) and not because he can really command that kind of coin. Teams' fans tend to live in a bit of a bubble, and this feels like one of those instances.

Outside of Pro Bowls, what are we really judging players' "worth" upon? I don't know where I am going with this, but I just know that I (as a Texans fan) am not comfortable with us giving DeMeco a fat contract yet.

I want him to have not a Hot one, and not a Cold one....but a juuuust right one. Think "Goldilocks & The Three Bears" analogy. Nothing big, noting small, but something halfway.

If he's wanting top 5 money....well, I don't think he's there yet. Just my .02
That's what I am looking for in a woman. Not a hot one cause I might have a heart attack. Not a cold one cause I do want my heart to beat somewhat faster. A juuust right is perfect and she doesn't have to be blonde either. And a J O B! Sorry, forgot this is not Matchmakers. Go Rockets er Texans!
Old 04-10-2009   #43
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Frank View Post
If he's truly looking to get out of houston, what u think we could be back in return.. nfl teams normally trade there good player's to bad teams, for something good in return.. If he want's to act like a lil then he can peace out.. i value his talent and think we really do need him, but I don't want player's who don't want to play for us
Welcome to the board. I think DR will be here unless we draft someone like Jenkins or Vontae Davis. I think Molden, Reeves and Bennett are our CBs of the future. Having said that, Dunta may not be here next year anyway so if we can get a late 1st or decent 2nd, I'd trade IF we get Davis or Jenkins.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read