Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-20-2005   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Historic Meeting

McNabb makes his yearly jaunt to the Championshp game, but this is the first time he has faced another black QB for the right to go to the Super Bowl. Heck, I never noticed that it has never happened before.
Quote:
For the first time in NFL history, black quarterbacks will be starting for opposing teams in a conference championship game, Vick for the Falcons and Donovan McNabb for the Eagles. It will not be the first time they have played against each other -- they met in the divisional round of the 2002 playoffs with Philadelphia winning, 20-6 -- but the stakes are considerably higher, as is the significance of their roles in such a big game.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...18.html?sub=AR

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005   #2
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Isn't Doug Williams the only black QB to play in a Super Bowl ('87 season)? They played the Vikings in the NFC Championship Game. I don't remember who their QB was at the time. Is that back when Wade Wilson and Rich Gannon were the QB's? I know Anthony Carter was on that team.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005   #3
SESupergenius

I don't see the big deal. I really don't I care more about the game than the colors.
Old 01-20-2005   #4
DOCTOR24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Isn't Doug Williams the only black QB to play in a Super Bowl ('87 season)? They played the Vikings in the NFC Championship Game. I don't remember who their QB was at the time. Is that back when Wade Wilson and Rich Gannon were the QB's? I know Anthony Carter was on that team.

Steve McNair played in the Super Bowl a few years ago against the Rams.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read