Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-07-2009   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans hit the field for Day 2 of workouts

Quote:
One of the players the Texans will be counting on to step up this season is left tackle Duane Brown, who started 16 games as a rookie last season. Brown reported for workouts lean; he looks about 20 pounds lighter than when he showed up overweight for training camp last year as a rookie.

“I think he’s lighter than I am now,” left guard Chester Pitts (6-4, 310) said. “I think he’s about 310, something like that. I think he played last season closer to 320. I think he’s taking it a little more seriously and he has learned the way of becoming a professional. I think he’ll take huge strides and steps this year and really hold that left side down.”

Brown’s former backup, veteran Ephraim Salaam, was released by the team on Feb. 25. The Texans’ No. 1 pick of a year ago knows that much is expected out of him in his second season.

“Everybody told me the biggest step you take in your career is from your rookie season to your second year,” he said. “I got a chance to experience everything, and now it’s just all about preparation mentally and physically going into next season. I’m very focused.”

Defensive end Antonio Smith completed only his second workout with the Texans on Tuesday. But the former Arizona Cardinal, who signed with the Texans this offseason, said he already feels right at home with his new teammates.

“I think I am going to enjoy it (here),” Smith said. “They work hard out there. One thing that I did see is that they are a team. Everybody is together; everybody is coaching each other on.

“One thing I was nervous about was how we were going to kick it and how we were going to meet each other and things like that. But as soon as I got here, they just started interacting with me as though I had been here the whole time.”

New head strength and conditioning coach Ray Wright, who oversaw Tuesday’s outdoor workout with assistant Matt Schiotz, continued to draw positive remarks from players.

"Ray learned from Dan (Riley), and Dan had been doing what he had been doing for 40 years," Pitts said. "Ray basically took the best stuff that program had and added a little flavor to it.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?STORY_ID=5214

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hit the field for Day 2 of workouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Music to the ears of ANY shiny happy fan.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow actual players running around on grass football news.

How exciting.
Old 04-07-2009   #4
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Great news, my favorite read was the Antonio Smith lines. I had my reservations about how he might have been received, given that he his one of our highest paid players and is new to the team while other guys on the team want to get paid too, but it looks like that wasn't even a thought amongst players.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read